36 members have voted

1. 1. how much milk do you drink?

• 1 glass a day
    • more than 1 glass a day
    • only chocolate milk for me
    • I hate milk
    • I only drink beer
    • I only drink malk

I just drank some milk and thought to myself , i have drank atleast 1 glass a day my whole life . How much do you drink ?

I'm a big fan of semi-skimmed (or green top as we call it over here).

Probably drink at least a pint a day on its own, and then there's the cereals and cups of tea/coffee too.

The malk returns! laugh.gif

I never liked milk, even as a kid. My mum always tells me this story. She had to feed me fennel and she tried to trick me with a bottle of milk, but I just spit it out! laugh.gif

Mum was actually afraid I would die... unsure.gif

Growing up...I always drank milk, including at least a glass every night before bed. As I've gotten older, I've began drinking water before bed instead.

But, to answer the question, I had to go with MORE THAN ONE GLASS PER DAY. When I include the cereal I eat every morning, plus the multiple coffees I drink throughout the day, it is safe to assume that it equals more than one glass for sure. trink38.gif

I use loads of half-n-half in coffee, and I'll use milk on cereal, but that's it. I do not like to drink milk.

I use soy milk in my protein shakes. It's a supply thing. I would use regular old skim, but my husband is one of the world's biggest milk guzzlers. I got tired of coming back hungry from a workout, going to make a shake, and discovering that he'd bogarted all the milk. (Protein shakes made with water are gross).

He won't go near the soy milk. laugh.gif (I won't drink it either, and the thought of putting it in coffee makes me go 062802puke_prv.gif But it makes a good shake).

When I was in school and they used to make you take the milk whether or not you wanted it, I threw it in the trash on the way to my seat. Unopened.

To me, it makes you MORE thirsty. And it gives you thick, viscous spit.

Less than one glass per day, but that wasn't an option so I went with "one." Include things which CONTAIN milk, and that's probably about right, anyway.

If you think about it, what the hell are we doing drinking milk anyway? We stopped breast-feeding on mother's milk before we were one year-olds, but then switched to cow's milk??? Aren't all of us still essentially breast-feeding off of cows????? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 4 2009, 05:10 PM)
Less than one glass per day, but that wasn't an option so I went with "one." Include things which CONTAIN milk, and that's probably about right, anyway.

If you think about it, what the hell are we doing drinking milk anyway? We stopped breast-feeding on mother's milk before we were one year-olds, but then switched to cow's milk??? Aren't all of us still essentially breast-feeding off of cows????? ohmy.gif

But cheese is so awesome. I challenge any cow to take it to the next level and make some cheese.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Nov 4 2009, 07:02 PM)
Calcium Fortified OJ for me. Soy milk is gross!

Be careful that you take a Vitamin D supplement and get lots of sun along with the extra calcium you're taking or your body could be getting too much calcium and have a problem with it depleting from your bones later on. I'm allergic to milk too and my doctor told me to make sure along with my calcium supplements I also take Vitamin D to prevent osteoperosis later on.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 4 2009, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 4 2009, 05:10 PM)
Less than one glass per day, but that wasn't an option so I went with "one."  Include things which CONTAIN milk, and that's probably about right, anyway.

If you think about it, what the hell are we doing drinking milk anyway?  We stopped breast-feeding on mother's milk before we were one year-olds, but then switched to cow's milk???  Aren't all of us still essentially breast-feeding off of cows?????  ohmy.gif

But cheese is so awesome. I challenge any cow to take it to the next level and make some cheese.

Ah, now cheese is a different kettle of fish.

Don't mind cheese in extremely small doses. But I hate the smell of cheese: makes me want to heave unless the aroma is muted by something for more pleasant

Archived