Neilpeart.net

nettiesaur

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 9 2009, 07:48 AM)

Agreed. I dont even read his updates anymore. I dont care what this guy has going on outside of Rush. If he's going to write 50 paragraphs about things I couldnt care less about then Ill just pass on it. Dont care where he's travelling, dont care where he works out, dont care what his baby looks like, dont care what he likes to cook or drink, pretty much no interest in him unless he's behind a kit

yes.gif

Neils blog is his way of sharing himself with his fans. If you just want to see/hear him play the drums then no one is making you read his blog. biggrin.gif I am REALLY surprised he shared a picture of the baby though.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 8 2009, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 8 2009, 09:39 PM)
Can someone save me the hassle and mention if he says anything regarding Rush, or the prospect of recording or writing or touring or anything?

goodpost.gif

The obsession with Neil's personal life around here is getting creepy.

[sarcasm font] I know!! Why are people so concerned about Neil when we should be discussing all things Alex.[/sarcasm font]

I skimmed the update to get to the baby part. That new daughter of his is absolutely beautiful. I think that was pretty generous of him to share that picture with the world and us little Rush fans.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Sep 9 2009, 10:13 AM)
Why do I care about Neil's personal life?
Because a happy Neil = more Rush tunes. smile.gif

Crabby Neil means that we wait for Rush tunes. sad.gif

Not sure I agree with the correlation.

The lyrics of most of last album's tracks indicated "crabby Neil" to me.

As many have said, I hope we get more uplifting stuff on the next offering.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 09:38 AM)

I think the next album will feature a few songs about happy times, smiling faces, and colorful trees. laugh.gif

http://neilpeart.net/news/images/september_09/baby_01.jpg

and here we have Baby Peart!

I got a link to The Ashkelon Group, whoever the hell they are.  confused13.gif

I can find it, though - thanks for the alert!

The photo cannot be opened as it's own .jpeg URL link.

Apparently Neil's site is configured to disallow direct linking to images from external websites - which is why you get redirected to the Ashkelon Group's (Michael Mosbach's company) website from that high-res image link. You can still see it if you click on the baby pic within the story on NeilPeart.net though.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2009, 10:43 AM)

I think the next album will feature a few songs about happy times, smiling faces, and colorful trees. laugh.gif

Just so long as they don't focus on poopy diapers, I'm good. wink.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 10:44 AM)

I don't want any soppy stuff from Rush, period. Mind you, I enjoy an occasional overdose of soppiness, but there is more than enough of that to choose from. I expect something on a higher level intellectually from Rush.

I cannot get over how cute that baby is. (But you gotta cut me some slack, I'm about to have one of those myself any day now - hopefully, you hear me in there baby!?) She doesn't have much hair but she's got a total Alfalfa spiky thing going on there in the back!

QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Sep 9 2009, 04:40 PM)
Oh woe is me. Will no altruistic soul post the contents here for me?

There is a relationship between how long it takes for someone to post the content here and the interest quotient of said content.

Hence its non-appearance thus far....

As a fan who normally likes to respect Neil's personal life, I feel that this is Neil's way of opening up a bit. The man realizes his fans adore him. It's hard to do that when you originally thought that fans are nuts most of the time.

It's good that Neil is doing this & while bird watching is NOT a pasttime of mine, the story was very cute & as a new father, I can relate.

Congratulations to Neil & Carrie! May their lives be filled with joy & a lot less worry....Of course I don't see that happening. I worry about Niall all the time so, no doubt, he will about Olivia.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 9 2009, 12:55 PM)
As a fan who normally likes to respect Neil's personal life, I feel that this is Neil's way of opening up a bit. The man realizes his fans adore him. It's hard to do that when you originally thought that fans are nuts most of the time.

Yeah, I guess that's fine.

It's just that any of the members' (not just Neil) personal activity has nothing to do with why I love Rush in the first place.

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Sep 9 2009, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Sep 9 2009, 04:40 PM)
Oh woe is me. Will no altruistic soul post the contents here for me?

There is a relationship between how long it takes for someone to post the content here and the interest quotient of said content.

Hence its non-appearance thus far....

Well I was hoping somebody would do it for lovable old me, not because you consider it boring.

I know that to most people, Neil's writings have nothing to do with why they like Rush. My story is different.

I read Ghost Rider right after my son was diagnosed with autism, having only tolerated Rush music in the background of my life up till then. After reading that book (with the lyric snippets included) I began to feel a totally different connection, and started digging into the music on my own.

So for me, Neil's writing has everything to do with why I'm a Rush fan today.

I missed it the first time around - looks like Neil's friend named his daughter for Selena Taylor. Very sweet.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 9 2009, 02:09 PM)
I know that to most people, Neil's writings have nothing to do with why they like Rush. My story is different.

I read Ghost Rider right after my son was diagnosed with autism, having only tolerated Rush music in the background of my life up till then. After reading that book (with the lyric snippets included) I began to feel a totally different connection, and started digging into the music on my own.

So for me, Neil's writing has everything to do with why I'm a Rush fan today.

And you're not alone. Many people connect with Neil's writing, either in song lyrics or essay form, or both. He knows this, which is why he continues to write. It's understandable that some aren't interested in his personal writings, and those people can choose to not read them.

Than why do you go into this thread? confused13.gif

Why does anyone who doesn't like Neil's writing bother to come into this thread if you already know what he is all about?

Just more excuses for people to keep up their pathetic unneccessary whining :eyeroll

oops quoted wrong post...this was meant for Rush Cocky's original post

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 11:23 AM)

Why does anyone who doesn't like Neil's writing bother to come into this thread if you already know what he is all about?

Just more excuses for people to keep up their pathetic unneccessary whining :eyeroll

I came to see if there was any Rush related news. There was a tiny bit...

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 9 2009, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 9 2009, 07:48 AM)

Agreed. I dont even read his updates anymore. I dont care what this guy has going on outside of Rush. If he's going to write 50 paragraphs about things I couldnt care less about then Ill just pass on it. Dont care where he's travelling, dont care where he works out, dont care what his baby looks like, dont care what he likes to cook or drink, pretty much no interest in him unless he's behind a kit

yes.gif

Thanks guys for taking the time to post after EVERY NEIL UPDATE to let everyone know how uninterested you are. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 02:23 PM)

Just more excuses for people to keep up their pathetic unneccessary whining

First of all, I hope you feel better after getting all that out....

Second, I fail to see how my presence in this thread and my commenting on how the unusual interest in Neil's life as starting to become creepy is "whining". If any of you would like to argue that in a subsequent post, feel free, and good luck.

Third, as rushgoober stated, I thought there might be some Rush BAND related information in here. I was (and I'm not alone) misled by the topic title and thought there might be something related to the band recording their next album since rumors are already starting to surface on that.

And finally, I comment on a wide variety of topics that come across this screen, and have been consistent in doing that in my time here. I was unaware that certain topics were off limits to me, but I thought that people who have several THOUSAND more posts than me might be a little more understanding. Apparantly not.

Archived