Neilpeart.net

nettiesaur

Neil has a September update in his News section.

If you can get past the hummingbird stuff, he really lays out what a challenge this has been for him.

And we got a picture of Olivia!

Thanks for sharing Neil, she's beautiful!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a link to The Ashkelon Group, whoever the hell they are. confused13.gif

I can find it, though - thanks for the alert!

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 8 2009, 09:51 PM)
I got a link to The Ashkelon Group, whoever the hell they are. confused13.gif

I can find it, though - thanks for the alert!

I fixed the link.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 8 2009, 09:39 PM)
Can someone save me the hassle and mention if he says anything regarding Rush, or the prospect of recording or writing or touring or anything?

goodpost.gif

The obsession with Neil's personal life around here is getting creepy.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 05:26 AM)
Can someone save me the hassle and mention if he says anything regarding Rush, or the prospect of recording or writing or touring or anything?

goodpost.gif

& we wonder why the guy does a runner everytime someone comes near him........i would after reading some of the posts on here

I was thinking the same thing! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 8 2009, 11:26 PM)

goodpost.gif

+1

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2009, 08:30 AM)

goodpost.gif

+1

Okay, this is interesting. Anyone else catch the irony here? Neil has, for so long, worked his ass off to try to keep his private life just that. And the more he's done so, the more interested Rush fans are.

Now that he's putting it out there, the sentiment seems to be turning towards, "damn, he's boring." Perhaps this was his intention - make everyone lose interest?

goodpost.gif

Agreed. I dont even read his updates anymore. I dont care what this guy has going on outside of Rush. If he's going to write 50 paragraphs about things I couldnt care less about then Ill just pass on it. Dont care where he's travelling, dont care where he works out, dont care what his baby looks like, dont care what he likes to cook or drink, pretty much no interest in him unless he's behind a kit, and only playing with Rush.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 9 2009, 07:43 AM)

goodpost.gif

+1

Okay, this is interesting. Anyone else catch the irony here? Neil has, for so long, worked his ass off to try to keep his private life just that. And the more he's done so, the more interested Rush fans are.

Now that he's putting it out there, the sentiment seems to be turning towards, "damn, he's boring." Perhaps this was his intention - make everyone lose interest?

Good strategy and it's worked for me.

My life is generally more exciting than Neil's. Reading his blog is like reading about a boring friend.

Also find it ironic that he shuns the spotlight yet writes about his life and many of his most private thoughts and publishes them.

Methinks he's conflicted. wink.gif

QUOTE (Atomic @ Sep 9 2009, 08:51 AM)

goodpost.gif

+1

My life is generally more exciting than Neil's. Reading his blog is like reading about a boring friend.

Also find it ironic that he shuns the spotlight yet writes about his life and many of his most private thoughts and publishes them.

Well, the everyday lives of MOST people make for fairly mundane reading if you don't have a personal connection to them (being a rabid fan of their music does not count, unless you are a manic, delusional stalker type who sees little personal messages in every lyric and melody).

Neil is no different from any other 57 year old guy in that respect.

I happen to like his writing style, so his books and web entries interest me. (Truly, the fact that I have a mad crush on the man doesn't affect that. I like what I like in terms of literature). I will say that all of the birdwatching stuff in this particular update bored me a bit. To me, the only thing that might possibly be more dull than birdwatching itself is reading about it.

QUOTE (Atomic @ Sep 9 2009, 01:51 PM)

goodpost.gif

+1

Most people write blogs for themselves, not for others.

In fact it is entirely natural for someone who is intelligent, articulate and with a wide and deep range of interests but who is introverted, doesn't suffer fools gladly and prefers his own company and that of family and a few special friends.

That is my personality exactly and I don't feel conflicted in the slightest.

Archived