Neilpeart.net

nettiesaur

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 02:23 PM)
Than why do you go into this thread?  confused13.gif

Why does anyone who doesn't like Neil's writing bother to come into this thread if you already know what he is all about?

Just more excuses for people to keep up their pathetic unneccessary whining

oops quoted wrong post...this was meant for Rush Cocky's original post

First of all, I hope you feel better after getting all that out....

Second, I fail to see how my presence in this thread and my commenting on how the unusual interest in Neil's life as starting to become creepy is "whining". If any of you would like to argue that in a subsequent post, feel free, and good luck.

Third, as rushgoober stated, I thought there might be some Rush BAND related information in here. I was (and I'm not alone) misled by the topic title and thought there might be something related to the band recording their next album since rumors are already starting to surface on that.

And finally, I comment on a wide variety of topics that come across this screen, and have been consistent in doing that in my time here. I was unaware that certain topics were off limits to me, but I thought that people who have several THOUSAND more posts than me might be a little more understanding. Apparantly not.

Chill out dude I was DEFINITELY not pointing you out. But if you feel that way I can't help you there.

This applies to a lot of people who should now know the nature of Neil's updates. He writes about stuff you guys are not interested in...in pretty much every update. But you still go into the thread and say the same thing all over again.We get it already.

I seriously doubt you will get much news on future Rush from Neil anyways.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 03:51 PM)
Chill out dude I was DEFINITELY not pointing you out. But if you feel that way I can't help you there.

Really.... eyesre4.gif

1) You quoted my post to make your point.

2) You talked about whiney people while referencing no one else's name but mine.

Now....if you'd like to clarify, rather than just dismiss me with a "chill out dude" I'm all eyes. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 03:51 PM)
Chill out dude I was DEFINITELY not pointing you out.  But if you feel that way I can't help you there.

Really.... eyesre4.gif

1) You quoted my post to make your point.

2) You talked about whiney people while referencing no one else's name but mine.

Now....if you'd like to clarify, rather than just dismiss me with a "chill out dude" I'm all eyes. smile.gif

Honest to God truth I am not pointing you out. I basically quoted the wrong post and now you are all upset. I'm sorry for that but my post was meant for a lot of people and not you. Especially the whining part.

Obviously you don't know me well either despite my post total; btw bringing up my post count is tiresome and lame and has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Great to read an update from Neil! I'll go to his site to see the pictures.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 04:06 PM)
Obviously you don't know me well either despite my post total; btw bringing up my post count is tiresome and lame and has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

It did with the point I was trying to make. cool.gif

Apology accepted, and we move on. smile.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 9 2009, 08:14 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 9 2009, 07:48 AM)

Agreed. I dont even read his updates anymore. I dont care what this guy has going on outside of Rush. If he's going to write 50 paragraphs about things I couldnt care less about then Ill just pass on it. Dont care where he's travelling, dont care where he works out, dont care what his baby looks like, dont care what he likes to cook or drink, pretty much no interest in him unless he's behind a kit

yes.gif

trink39.gif

I spoke too soon a bit earlier in this thread, with regards to birdwatching (and reading about it) being dull.

This is one of the best he's written.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 04:06 PM)
Obviously you don't know me well either despite my post total;  btw bringing up my post count is tiresome and lame and has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

It did with the point I was trying to make. cool.gif

Apology accepted, and we move on. smile.gif

Keep moving folks, nothing to see here.

I love happy endings!

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 9 2009, 08:26 PM)
I spoke too soon a bit earlier in this thread, with regards to birdwatching (and reading about it) being dull.

I agree. One of his best. And I don't say that as a "fanboy" I say that as a reader.

Agreed, even his bird-watching stories facinate me. He takes you there to the window, and I was watching too! What a sweet story. Thanks GG. 2.gif

I suppose reading about hummingbirds is slightly more interesting than reading about what types of flowers and cacti Neil encountered along a stretch of highway in New Mexico.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 9 2009, 01:09 PM)
I know that to most people, Neil's writings have nothing to do with why they like Rush. My story is different.

I read Ghost Rider right after my son was diagnosed with autism, having only tolerated Rush music in the background of my life up till then. After reading that book (with the lyric snippets included) I began to feel a totally different connection, and started digging into the music on my own.

So for me, Neil's writing has everything to do with why I'm a Rush fan today.

That's pretty cool GG!

It's cool to hear that there are people who got into RUSH THROUGH Neil's book writing.

I didn't think there were many people who would even bother to look at Neil's books, outside of the common RUSH fan.

Either way...that's an excellent story, and I'm sure Neil would be happy to hear it. I love his writings too.

I think it's common knowledge by now that Neil won't just write a whole blog on Rush.

Even leading up to the release of S&A, Neil never really gave a whole lot of info on the recording sessions. I only remember him posting the actual Tour Book passage right before its release. That's it.

I'm just happy Neil continues to write. Nothing wrong with it.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 10 2009, 03:13 PM)
I know that to most people, Neil's writings have nothing to do with why they like Rush.  My story is different.

I read Ghost Rider right after my son was diagnosed with autism, having only tolerated Rush music in the background of my life up till then.  After reading that book (with the lyric snippets included) I began to feel a totally different connection, and started digging into the music on my own.

That's pretty cool GG!

It's cool to hear that there are people who got into RUSH THROUGH Neil's book writing.

I didn't think there were many people who would even bother to look at Neil's books, outside of the common RUSH fan.

Either way...that's an excellent story, and I'm sure Neil would be happy to hear it. I love his writings too.

I carried that book around for months after my sister died. It gave me a tremendous amount of solace in a way I cannot explain. I wish that somehow I could let him know how much it meant to me.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 10 2009, 04:52 PM)
I know that to most people, Neil's writings have nothing to do with why they like Rush.  My story is different.

I read Ghost Rider right after my son was diagnosed with autism, having only tolerated Rush music in the background of my life up till then.  After reading that book (with the lyric snippets included) I began to feel a totally different connection, and started digging into the music on my own.

That's pretty cool GG!

I carried that book around for months after my sister died. It gave me a tremendous amount of solace in a way I cannot explain. I wish that somehow I could let him know how much it meant to me.

You could always send a note c/o his publisher. He may get it, or he may not, but at least you put it out there.

A riskier tactic would be to dress up as a humming bird, and hang out in his backyard. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Sep 10 2009, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 10 2009, 04:52 PM)

That's pretty cool GG!

You could always send a note c/o his publisher. He may get it, or he may not, but at least you put it out there.

A riskier tactic would be to dress up as a humming bird, and hang out in his backyard. biggrin.gif

I agree! Go for it! The writing the publisher part, not the dressing like a hummingbird part..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 10 2009, 02:13 PM)

That's pretty cool GG!

I was fortunate enough to be able to let him know (in a hand-delivered letter, not in person) and he responded. That will always be inexpressibly special to me.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 8 2009, 05:39 PM)
Can someone save me the hassle and mention if he says anything regarding Rush, or the prospect of recording or writing or touring or anything?

Don't be such a selfish hippie unsure.gif rofl3.gif Spread the luuuuuuv! wub.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

BTW.. Hummingbirds rule!! 653.gif 1022.gif

Archived