the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

XLII: That’s Why I Repent, That’s Why I Go Under (10/25/2016)

Dir En Grey - Egnirys Cimredopyh +) An Injection

Ooh...it ain't the worst song off of MACABRE but it isn't a song from MACABRE I would go out of my way to listen to unless I'm listening to the whole album either...

Ooh...it ain't the worst song off of MACABRE but it isn't a song from MACABRE I would go out of my way to listen to unless I'm listening to the whole album either...

It's one of my favorites from the album, but only after one full listen. I also picked it with Sean in mind, since he doesn't really care for DEG... I figured he might like this one, especially the beautiful melodic bit that occurs in the last minute of the song.

It's one of my favorites from the album, but only after one full listen. I also picked it with Sean in mind, since he doesn't really care for DEG... I figured he might like this one, especially the beautiful melodic bit that occurs in the last minute of the song.

"Egnirys Cimredopyh" is "Hypodermic Syringe" backwards. It had to be spelled backwards to avert Japanese censorship.

This song lies in the middle as far as my favorite songs off the album. The title track is my favorite off of MACABRE followed by Rasetsukoku (its remake 11 years later is much more likable though), Hotarubi, Taiyou No Ao and Deity.

Toshiya wrote the song, so obviously the bass is the lead instrument on this song. He ain't the best songwriter in the band, but he ain't the worst either (cause that honor goes to Kyo) since he wrote Bottom of the death valley one of the best "early DEG" songs.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ywQY07FgE

Man...this song hit me a certain way this morning.

Some of their material is pretty dark (Carry Me Away), and heavy (The Sky is a Poisonous Garden) and mostly always interesting. And she's a good lyricist, which helps! Why wasn't Happy Birthday a hit? They even made a pop video! Maybe the lyrics were too unhappy?

taking out the 's' and crossing my fingers...first video post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5dzbyhWm7A

Yeah, her lyrics are great. This is probably my favorite song by them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGjseZLkTs

here's a good one from Group Therapy. killer lyrics. killer.

("we felt nothing much at all, but it felt great")

• Like 2

Enjoying the Rush Forum Top Ten threads. I'm listening to a lot of songs from those lists and appreciating them more than ever.

I've only participated in the Yes one since they're the only band I'm fully familiar with so far.

It won't be long before we can make a TOP TENS: Top Ten TOP TENS Threads

• Like 1

Enjoying the Rush Forum Top Ten threads. I'm listening to a lot of songs from those lists and appreciating them more than ever.

Thank you! I thought it might bring some fun to that section.

Been watching a good amount of Victor Wooten videos on Youtube lately. It's a shame that perhaps the most celebrated jazz bassist is now part of a generic dream theater clone of a prog metal band...

http://youtu.be/SS50F09PM04

Wooten is incredible!

He as played quite a bit with Bela Fleck over the years- I highly recommend that stuff.

Been watching a good amount of Victor Wooten videos on Youtube lately. It's a shame that perhaps the most celebrated jazz bassist is now part of a generic dream theater clone of a prog metal band...

http://youtu.be/SS50F09PM04

Wooten is incredible!

He as played quite a bit with Bela Fleck over the years- I highly recommend that stuff.

I'll check it out. UFO Tofu seems interesting :D

I listened to some Haken songs last night and this morning, and it's been a long time since I did that. I think I'll listen to a couple albums by them today.

My favorite Haken songs are "Aquarium" and "Atlas Stone"... They're so good.

• Like 1

Now is the PERFECT time to listen to old school, angry, hard core punk rock even more than ever. I'm feeling the rage of Henry Rollins and Jello Biafra. We will RISE ABOVE Trump and Killary's STARS AND STRIPES OF CORRUPTION.

We've got a bigger problem now.

Request SOCN access and post this sort of thing in there.

I know the election news and speculation around the new president is being covered and talked about everywhere right now, but there's a political sub forum on here for a reason.. Call it a 'safe space', but a lot of people are actually in MOTS for music, believe it or not ;)

It's been coming my way for years: I'm getting into electronic music.

Previously I only really listened to Swedish synth pop group Slagsmalsklubben and some select Aphex Twin songs, but now I'm expanding, which will also probably mean listening to more Aphex Twin.