Is Time and Motion....Rush's worst...

druid13

I don't know why but this one just never worked for me....something was missing while at the same time they sounded as if they were trying too hard or something with Time and Motion....then the Chug ca-chug chug...section which almost was a precoursor to the Peaceable Kingdom farty bass riff Blam Blam Ba Blam Blam ba Blam Blam.....

I actually liked 'Dog Years' much more than 'Time and Motion'..in fact I never had a problem with the canine tune.

T&M just never seemed to gell.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't relate. Time and Motion is one of my all time favs...right up there with Natural Science and Xanadu.

no, i think a few other 2.gif songs are worse trink39.gif

It just seemed really plodding to me....even compared wiht alot of material from T4E....Dog Years kinda up tempo almost 'punk'....Driven...sort of well driving almost Crimson like ....Totem...a great tune good marriage of lyrics with melody....

but Time and Motion...Chug ca Chug ca Chug Chug.....it just never takes off at any point either for me....and the single chord thing ( Chug ca Chug ca Chug Chug) gets monotonous.....

anyway some people also hated Speed of Love...I thought it was cool in a weird way.

i alway's liked t4e

QUOTE (druid13 @ Jul 30 2008, 03:56 PM)
I don't know why but this one just never worked for me....something was missing while at the same time they sounded as if they were trying too hard or something with Time and Motion....then the Chug ca-chug chug...section which almost was a precoursor to the Peaceable Kingdom farty bass riff Blam Blam Ba Blam Blam ba Blam Blam.....

I actually liked 'Dog Years' much more than 'Time and Motion'..in fact I never had a problem with the canine tune.

T&M just never seemed to gell.

Welcome to the world of music. Some you'll like, some you won't.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 30 2008, 04:02 PM)
"Time and Motion" is not a Rush masterpiece, but it's certainly not one of their worst songs.

goodpost.gif

Good assesment. I actually like the music more than the lyrics.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 30 2008, 05:01 PM)
Dog Years is terrible song. JMO

Dog Years ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time and Motion flatlines, but it's better than Tai Shan, Rivendell and Vapor Trails.

i think tai shan is the worst song they have done......imo

Time and Motion is one of my favourites from Test For Echo.

Dog Years wasn't great, but I think Virtuality was the worst.

And enough of the Vapor Trails and Rivendell hate! Those two songs are excellent...

Archived