I'm so proud of our members

Pags

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 17 2008, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 17 2008, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 17 2008, 12:12 PM)
The trolls are definitely out in full force.

To say the least. These people are so bored with themselves, they have nothing else to do. I feel sorry for them.

I dread what TRF is gonna be like after the tour ends and there's really nothing to talk about.

ohmy.gif

No kidding.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit, there's a Natural Science and Red Barchetta hate thread! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I didn't know until now, plus I just saw the NatSci one.... eh.gif

Honestly, I think its ok to critisize and talk about what Rush could improve on. But when you do this 'Natural Science SUCKS" crap, thats when it all goes wrong.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 17 2008, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 17 2008, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 17 2008, 04:20 PM)
hay guyz the best response to negative threads is to start another negative thread!

So, where's your milk-loving buddy? laugh.gif

off drinking malk, I assume

Malk?

QUOTE (Alex @ Jun 17 2008, 04:38 PM)
Honestly, I think its ok to critisize and talk about what Rush could improve on. But when you do this 'Natural Science SUCKS" crap, thats when it all goes wrong.

There is a right way to voice an opinion, and a wrong way to voice an opinion. For those of you playing along at home...GAAC demonstrated the wrong way to voice an opinion.

QUOTE (Alex @ Jun 17 2008, 04:38 PM)

or the "Should Alex lose weight".

When you read this crap, how can you not be turned away from this forum. It's quite sad that people want to talk about this.

I absolutely don't blame Neil for wanting to be private and not deal with alot of the possible wack jobs out there. wacko.gif

What flabbergasts me is that there are two threads crapping on two classic, unimpeachable Rush tunes and yet no one has started a "Presto Sucks" or RTB Sucks" or "Presto & RTB Suck" thread.

sarcasm.gif

BTW, isn't it an odd bit of linguistics that the singular form of "suck" has an "s" while the plural form does not?

trink36.gif

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 17 2008, 02:19 PM)
i dont like some Rush songs.....but i just cant say i "hate" any of them!!

i dislike Hand Over Fist....but i certainly do NOT hate it!!

agreed, though I should probably keep my feelings for Anagram to myself

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 17 2008, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 01:11 PM)

• Poll:  Your least favourite rush album
  • We Hate Spindrift
  • The Natural Science Sucks Thread
  • I'm sorry, but Rush's stage setup is getting OLD
  • The "hate on Red Barchetta" thread
  • Man I am sooo Burned out from Rush
Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum.  I didn't even have to pick through it.  This is in order, the top 6.

Congratulate yourselves, guys.  Great job.  You all rock!  1022.gif

Now let's look through the sarcasm to...

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass.  Thanks.

goodpost.gif

I'm with YOU 100 percent Pags!!!! This is exactly why I don't often post in this section!! We have enough chicken sh*t here on the farm - - I don't need to step in troll poop!

We didn't sign up on the Forum to hear blatant and senseless negativity - - that's what we get ad naseum in the outside "mainstream/crap/pop" world!!! Now that doesn't mean that we can't discuss our 2.gif preferences: one song over another, one producer over another, one live venue over another, one instrument over another, perhaps even (and I always tread softly on this one) one era/decade over another. But geez, I never could understand the logic of joining a 2.gif Forum to trash the band.

confused13.gif

Psychologically speaking, the adolescent ego often uses demeaning negativity in order to inflate its lacking self-esteem and make up for performance failures. wink.gif

There are some members who have joined here, regardless of biological age, who seriously need to GROW UP!!!

yes.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

another goodpost.gif

this forum began just when the R30 tour was ending in North America, and guess what? it's survived almost 4 years most of which was when there was no tour!!!

whatever did we have to talk about back then, i wonder???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/icon_hmm.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 17 2008, 04:47 PM)

Argh!

Now I can't stop singing "hand over fist, paper around the stone...."

As the late, great Charlton Heston would say, "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 17 2008, 03:06 PM)

Argh!

As the late, great Charlton Heston would say, "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

...scissors cut the paper and the rock must stand alone common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 17 2008, 05:12 PM)

Argh!

...scissors cut the paper and the rock must stand alone common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

Why I oughtta...put up your dukes pal!

http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/bag/pics/moustache10.jpg

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 17 2008, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 17 2008, 05:12 PM)

Argh!

Why I oughtta...put up your dukes pal!

http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/bag/pics/moustache10.jpg

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 17 2008, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 17 2008, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 01:45 PM)
When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread.  This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity. 

Just my two cents.....

The trouble is, when we have "quietly" deleted a thread, we get a some very LOUD disagreements - maybe another thread called "Where did my precious thread go?" or the ever-popular "Nazi" comparisons.

That's right. Plus, we're not in the habit of deleting threads unless they contain offensive content or are advertising spam threads.

I understand and I am not questioning how the mods run the board. You all do a wonderful job.

My point is that the people who will bitch are the same people who are starting these pointless threads. So let them complain or leave if they don't like it.

I am the first on to admit that I am critical of some of the bands material and flat out don't like it but I don't want anyone else to not like it based on what I think and I think its dumb to start a thread attempting to garner drama with no real reasoning behind it.

Just quietly delete them and leave the children to their crying. If you ignore it eventually they cry themselves to sleep.

(this is in no way meant to be parental advice tongue.gif )

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 08:53 PM)
When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread.  This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity. 

Just my two cents.....

The trouble is, when we have "quietly" deleted a thread, we get a some very LOUD disagreements - maybe another thread called "Where did my precious thread go?" or the ever-popular "Nazi" comparisons.

That's right. Plus, we're not in the habit of deleting threads unless they contain offensive content or are advertising spam threads.

I understand and I am not questioning how the mods run the board. You all do a wonderful job.

My point is that the people who will bitch are the same people who are starting these pointless threads. So let them complain or leave if they don't like it.

I am the first on to admit that I am critical of some of the bands material and flat out don't like it but I don't want anyone else to not like it based on what I think and I think its dumb to start a thread attempting to garner drama with no real reasoning behind it.

Just quietly delete them and leave the children to their crying. If you ignore it eventually they cry themselves to sleep.

By the way, I am trashed and this made sense in my head but if it doesn't make sense too everyone else then please accept this as my apology. trink39.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 08:53 PM)

Just my two cents.....

By the way, I am trashed and this made sense in my head but if it doesn't make sense too everyone else then please accept this as my apology. trink39.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Too funny!

It's summer. . .the natives are restless. I for one am also eagerly looking forward to RUSH in Atlanta. I'm also dreading the end of the tour. . .end of another album-tour cycle.

Maybe that explains the nature of some of the recent threads? Plus boredom? I dunno. . .I myself am guilty of contributing to some silliness lately. yes.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 17 2008, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 01:11 PM)

• Poll:  Your least favourite rush album

• We Hate Spindrift

Pags,

I think this post is in reference to the user Spindrift, not the song.

OK, I didn't look, but it wouldn't surprise me either. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 02:45 PM)
When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread. This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity.

Just my two cents.....

So in your world pointless positive threads are acceptable?

If people are so upset at all the negative threads then why don't they start GOOD positive ones?

Look around TRF. A majority of the threads are fairly pointless. Heck, spending ANY time on a message forum can be construed as being pretty pointless to the average person. So why are we here?

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 10:11 AM)
  • Poll: Your least favourite rush album
  • We Hate Spindrift
Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum. I didn't even have to pick through it. This is in order, the top 6.

Congratulate yourselves, guys. Great job. You all rock! 1022.gif

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass. Thanks.

Good post...

The one thing to note here is that the reason these threads are at the top is because of all the mainstays around here calling out the OP.

(On another note, waiting for Pags' next Bugs Bunny related avatar...)

"A stitch in time will save nine, especially with the needle fine..."

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 10:11 AM)
  • Poll: Your least favourite rush album
  • We Hate Spindrift
Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum. I didn't even have to pick through it. This is in order, the top 6.

Congratulate yourselves, guys. Great job. You all rock! 1022.gif

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass. Thanks.

Okay if you actually read that thread you would have found out that it was a JOKE about how i could get tired of Rush only after listening for days straight, then go listen to PT for an hour, and then I was OK loving Rush again.

Archived