I'm so proud of our members

Pags

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 18 2008, 01:43 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 10:11 AM)

• Poll:  Your least favourite rush album
  • We Hate Spindrift
  • The Natural Science Sucks Thread
  • I'm sorry, but Rush's stage setup is getting OLD
  • The "hate on Red Barchetta" thread
  • Man I am sooo Burned out from Rush
Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum.  I didn't even have to pick through it.  This is in order, the top 6.

Congratulate yourselves, guys.  Great job.  You all rock!  1022.gif

Now let's look through the sarcasm to...

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass.  Thanks.

Okay if you actually read that thread you would have found out that it was a JOKE about how i could get tired of Rush only after listening for days straight, then go listen to PT for an hour, and then I was OK loving Rush again.

I did read it. And I understood it. But the title brings down the look and feel of this forum. It seems like other titles for your thread would have worked without it having a negative tone.

Do you get that?

And I too get critical of things regarding the band, and I am no stranger to joking around like you have.

This thread wasn't about any ONE thread. It was about the forum's collection of threads as a whole - and how it's making the forum look.

Do you get that?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does it seem a little false to lock up some of the negative threads and focus on the positive a little more again? I mean several of the threads are really controversial and they don't look like dying anytime soon even I, who am totally against most of the negative stuff going on in those threads, can't resist posting in them.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 18 2008, 01:24 AM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 18 2008, 12:11 AM)
Why does it happen?

Because we're here.

Isn't it "Because it happens." ? eyesre4.gif

unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Jun 18 2008, 01:20 AM)

• We Hate Spindrift
Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum.  I didn't even have to pick through it.  This is in order, the top 6.

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass.  Thanks.

Good post...

The one thing to note here is that the reason these threads are at the top is because of all the mainstays around here calling out the OP.

(On another note, waiting for Pags' next Bugs Bunny related avatar...)

"A stitch in time will save nine, especially with the needle fine..."

"A stitch in time will save nine, especially with the needle fine..."

laugh.gif Now that song is in my head!

Bunny Hugged

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 18 2008, 12:16 PM)
Why does it happen?

Because we're here.

unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

OWNED!!!!.....................................Sorry unsure.gif ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

DONE!

btw - did you see Streak85's screwball award? rofl3.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/daffyduckscrewball.jpg

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2008, 08:40 AM)

DONE!

Another excellent BB episode!

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 18 2008, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2008, 08:40 AM)

DONE!

Another excellent BB episode!

The best one in my opinion! laugh.gif tongue.gif Especially from an artist's point of view cool.gif

QUOTE (nic2112nic @ Jun 18 2008, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 18 2008, 12:16 PM)
Why does it happen?

Because we're here.

unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

OWNED!!!!.....................................Sorry unsure.gif ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

Well f*ck me!

As you can clearly see, hand over fist was messing with my mind.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 18 2008, 02:53 AM)
QUOTE (tel @ Jun 17 2008, 01:28 PM)
i agree that criticism can be healthy and so is being able to be objective even about your fave band,however if we want to pursue a criticism we should at least be able to back it up with reasons and not just make sweeping statements such as "spindrift is crap".
if you have an opinion lets hear it but BACK IT UP

That's my opinion as well. There has been plenty of constructive criticism of the band here throughout this board's history, and that's healthy -- indeed, we have no wish to be kiss-ass website -- but lately we've seen a glut of unconstructive "____ sucks" threads and we have to wonder what the motivation is behind such topics. Is it to stir some shit up? Is the OP looking to get attention?

This isn't a Fallout Boy website. You guys are better than this, aren't you?

Apparently not. Even the greatest band in the world is bound to have fans that would post such stuff. It simply can't be helped and that's the best way to look at it in my opinion

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 18 2008, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 02:45 PM)
When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread.  This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity. 

Just my two cents.....

So in your world pointless positive threads are acceptable?

If people are so upset at all the negative threads then why don't they start GOOD positive ones?

Look around TRF. A majority of the threads are fairly pointless. Heck, spending ANY time on a message forum can be construed as being pretty pointless to the average person. So why are we here?

Actually in my world all threads are permitted because I really don't give a shit what other people think or say. It is of no consequence to me.

However for the purposes of a rush fan forum where 90 percent of the people who regularly post are fanatical to a fault? Just delete the damn things and be done with it. This stuff is started by new comers with very few posts or people who are perpetual troublemakers and for no more reason than to stir everyone up. The hard core fans get offended and start whining and its all a bunch of drama for nothing. Sometimes I read this place and feel like I am back in middle school again.

This is not a democracy. Delete the crap and if they complain? Tell them to go F#$K themselves!!

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 18 2008, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 18 2008, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 02:45 PM)
When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread.  This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity. 

Just my two cents.....

So in your world pointless positive threads are acceptable?

If people are so upset at all the negative threads then why don't they start GOOD positive ones?

Look around TRF. A majority of the threads are fairly pointless. Heck, spending ANY time on a message forum can be construed as being pretty pointless to the average person. So why are we here?

Actually in my world all threads are permitted because I really don't give a shit what other people think or say. It is of no consequence to me.

However for the purposes of a rush fan forum where 90 percent of the people who regularly post are fanatical to a fault? Just delete the damn things and be done with it. This stuff is started by new comers with very few posts or people who are perpetual troublemakers and for no more reason than to stir everyone up. The hard core fans get offended and start whining and its all a bunch of drama for nothing. Sometimes I read this place and feel like I am back in middle school again.

This is not a democracy. Delete the crap and if they complain? Tell them to go F#$K themselves!!

By the way I am a little hung over today so if this seems a little grouchy, then bite me!!!!!!

QUOTE (Fat Organ @ Jun 17 2008, 11:38 AM)
The Hoff is gonna take out his can of Whoop Ass and beat the trolls upside the head.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m124/jackdiablo/Hasselhoff.gif

OMG make it stop!!!!!!

i agree 100%. f-n lame . i hate HOLD YOUR FIRE but i would never start a thread about it. some people just want attention, that's all. well, you got it. now stop it comp26.gif

I'm looking at this from a slightly different perspective than most of you don't have to worry about. I'm looking at it from a helicopter's altitude and/or a gardiner's point of view... who isn't thrilled with the overall look of the place.

Think about it like a piece of landscaping you've worked very hard to create - from ornamental shrubs, perennials and annuals, ground covers, and the perfect pick of stone or mulch to fill it all in. Get the picture?

Now weeds are growing in, the mulch is dried, the annuals are dying, and the shrubs have overgrown their ornamental shapes. That's what the forum looks like with all these crappy and negative threads piled up one on top of each other. It's bringing the entire forum down, and making it look like shit. From a gardiner's point of view it's time to sharpen the hedge clippers, lay down some weed killer, and do some maintenance.

and btw, no-one who runs this place is trying to say that critical opinions are not acceptable. If that's the message you're receiving then get your internal antennas fixed.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2008, 03:45 AM)

• We Hate Spindrift

Okay if you actually read that thread you would have found out that it was a JOKE about how i could get tired of Rush only after listening for days straight, then go listen to PT for an hour, and then I was OK loving Rush again.

I did read it. And I understood it. But the title brings down the look and feel of this forum. It seems like other titles for your thread would have worked without it having a negative tone.

Do you get that?

And I too get critical of things regarding the band, and I am no stranger to joking around like you have.

This thread wasn't about any ONE thread. It was about the forum's collection of threads as a whole - and how it's making the forum look.

Do you get that?

yea i guess so, I just didn't like how you were making me out to be some Rush -hater like other people on the board (looks at gleamingalloyaircar81 tongue.gif )

I love Rush, there is not a single one of their songs I hate.

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 18 2008, 11:40 AM)

• We Hate Spindrift

Do you get that?

Do you get that?

yea i guess so, I just didn't like how you were making me out to be some Rush -hater like other people on the board (looks at gleamingalloyaircar81 tongue.gif )

I wasn't making you out to be anything. I needed to call attention to the way the main forum is looking, and I did so. If you feel you were made to look like a Rush hater (like gleam), that was not my intention. Besides, nobody can hate Rush more than him. wink.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2008, 10:58 AM)
Think about it like a piece of landscaping you've worked very hard to create - from ornamental shrubs, perennials and annuals, ground covers, and the perfect pick of stone or mulch to fill it all in. Get the picture?

TRF isn't one yard, but many. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it would kinda suck and be pretty boring if all of the TRF 'yards' were the same. You need some to be overgrown.

The boards were dead and all this purported negativity has enlivened them again.

Not to slam anyone's enthusiasm, but how many threads do we need showing us pictures of Rush on stage? Is there anything to distinguish shots of Geddy in Boston and Geddy in Philly? I get being a fan, but all that borders on the equivalent of teen girls screaming over Fall Out Boy.

I guess I just don't understand why negativity needs to be 'constructive' but positivity can be mindless.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 18 2008, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2008, 10:58 AM)
Think about it like a piece of landscaping you've worked very hard to create - from ornamental shrubs, perennials and annuals, ground covers, and the perfect pick of stone or mulch to fill it all in.  Get the picture?

TRF isn't one yard, but many. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it would kinda suck and be pretty boring if all of the TRF 'yards' were the same. You need some to be overgrown.

The boards were dead and all this purported negativity has enlivened them again.

Not to slam anyone's enthusiasm, but how many threads do we need showing us pictures of Rush on stage? Is there anything to distinguish shots of Geddy in Boston and Geddy in Philly? I get being a fan, but all that borders on the equivalent of teen girls screaming over Fall Out Boy.

I guess I just don't understand why negativity needs to be 'constructive' but positivity can be mindless.

Yeah, well, um... I guess that's why you don't work here. Let us take care of that.

I tried to give an analogy, but of course someone has to try and one-up it. Good for you. eyesre4.gif

Let's just move on before I lose my patience.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2008, 08:52 AM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 18 2008, 11:40 AM)

• We Hate Spindrift

Do you get that?

Do you get that?

I wasn't making you out to be anything. I needed to call attention to the way the main forum is looking, and I did so. If you feel you were made to look like a Rush hater (like gleam), that was not my intention. Besides, nobody can hate Rush more than him. wink.gif

OK, I feel better now smile.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 17 2008, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 01:11 PM)

• We Hate Spindrift

goodpost.gif

I'm with YOU 100 percent Pags!!!! This is exactly why I don't often post in this section!! We have enough chicken sh*t here on the farm - - I don't need to step in troll poop!

We didn't sign up on the Forum to hear blatant and senseless negativity - - that's what we get ad naseum in the outside "mainstream/crap/pop" world!!! Now that doesn't mean that we can't discuss our 2.gif preferences: one song over another, one producer over another, one live venue over another, one instrument over another, perhaps even (and I always tread softly on this one) one era/decade over another. But geez, I never could understand the logic of joining a 2.gif Forum to trash the band.

confused13.gif

Psychologically speaking, the adolescent ego often uses demeaning negativity in order to inflate its lacking self-esteem and make up for performance failures. wink.gif

There are some members who have joined here, regardless of biological age, who seriously need to GROW UP!!!

yes.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

yes.gif Well said!!

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2008, 12:09 PM)
I tried to give an analogy, but of course someone has to try and one-up it.  Good for you.  eyesre4.gif

confused13.gif No need to be rude.

I appreciate your analogy and tried to give one in response, that is all. I wasn't trying to one up you. I just like things to be fair and balanced, I guess it's the Libra in me. But as you say you work here and I don't so your view of how the board should be posted in is the correct one.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 18 2008, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 18 2008, 12:09 PM)
I tried to give an analogy, but of course someone has to try and one-up it.  Good for you.  eyesre4.gif

confused13.gif No need to be rude.

I appreciate your analogy and tried to give one in response, that is all. I wasn't trying to one up you. I just like things to be fair and balanced, I guess it's the Libra in me. But as you say you work here and I don't so your view of how the board should be posted in is the correct one.

trink39.gif

Yes you are right - I should not have been so rude. Sorry, man. I have little tolerance today from crap at the job, but shouldn't be having it flow out at TRF.

I'm a fair and balanced Libra too. I guess that's why I don't like seeing a bunch of negative threads tipping the scales when we're supposed to be a group of people who actually LIKE the band. And it seems logically backing up the negativity is much more at necesssry vs. when it's positive.

trink39.gif

Archived