I'm so proud of our members

Pags

Well, the weather's getting hot, people are bored, and the news consists of a 2 year (!) presidential campaign. It's well known that this constitutes the ideal breeding circumstances for trolls.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 01:11 PM)
  • Poll: Your least favourite rush album
  • We Hate Spindrift
  • The Natural Science Sucks Thread
  • I'm sorry, but Rush's stage setup is getting OLD
  • The "hate on Red Barchetta" thread
  • Man I am sooo Burned out from Rush
Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum. I didn't even have to pick through it. This is in order, the top 6.

Congratulate yourselves, guys. Great job. You all rock! 1022.gif

Now let's look through the sarcasm to...

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass. Thanks.

goodpost.gif

I'm with YOU 100 percent Pags!!!! This is exactly why I don't often post in this section!! We have enough chicken sh*t here on the farm - - I don't need to step in troll poop!

We didn't sign up on the Forum to hear blatant and senseless negativity - - that's what we get ad naseum in the outside "mainstream/crap/pop" world!!! Now that doesn't mean that we can't discuss our 2.gif preferences: one song over another, one producer over another, one live venue over another, one instrument over another, perhaps even (and I always tread softly on this one) one era/decade over another. But geez, I never could understand the logic of joining a 2.gif Forum to trash the band.

confused13.gif

Psychologically speaking, the adolescent ego often uses demeaning negativity in order to inflate its lacking self-esteem and make up for performance failures. wink.gif

There are some members who have joined here, regardless of biological age, who seriously need to GROW UP!!!

yes.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 01:55 PM)

• Poll:  Your least favourite rush album

• We Hate Spindrift

Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum.  I didn't even have to pick through it.  This is in order, the top 6.

Congratulate yourselves, guys.  Great job.  You all rock!  1022.gif

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass.  Thanks.

but you gotta admit......red barchetta does suck ass.......

bolt.gif

rofl3.gif

Hey not you too!! ohmy.gif

tongue.gif

It is getting old. I don't mind criticism, and god knows I've ripped on a few of the later albums, but like the Natural Science sucks thread...it's f***ing pointless. I like GAAC, but he's just trying to be controversial with that and he knows it. If you're going to start a thread about how one of their most universally loved songs is terrible, you should have more to add than just twenty puking smilies.

I don't think there are trolls on the board. The behavior they exhibit is more like gremlins. The more they have to swim in (all the negative threads) and the more they feed them well........

DONT FEED THE MOGWAI

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 12:11 PM)
  • We Hate Spindrift
Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum. I didn't even have to pick through it. This is in order, the top 6.

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass. Thanks.

Amen.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 17 2008, 01:29 PM)
It is getting old. I don't mind criticism, and god knows I've ripped on a few of the later albums, but like the Natural Science sucks thread...it's f***ing pointless. I like GAAC, but he's just trying to be controversial with that and he knows it. If you're going to start a thread about how one of their most universally loved songs is terrible, you should have more to add than just twenty puking smilies.

Good point. If the point of a thread is genuine conversation or disgreement, fine. But the point of threads like some of these? Pure controversy and drama.

smilies-8579.png

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 17 2008, 01:39 PM)
I don't think there are trolls on the board. The behavior they exhibit is more like gremlins. The more they have to swim in (all the negative threads) and the more they feed them well........

DONT FEED THE MOGWAI

http://www.killercondom.com/images/gremlin.jpg

When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread. This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity.

Just my two cents.....

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 17 2008, 01:45 PM)
When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread. This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity.

Just my two cents.....

The trouble is, when we have "quietly" deleted a thread, we get a some very LOUD disagreements - maybe another thread called "Where did my precious thread go?" or the ever-popular "Nazi" comparisons.

It ain't easy at the top. Luckily they pay us the big bucks. yes.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 17 2008, 03:23 PM)
When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread.  This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity. 

Just my two cents.....

The trouble is, when we have "quietly" deleted a thread, we get a some very LOUD disagreements - maybe another thread called "Where did my precious thread go?" or the ever-popular "Nazi" comparisons.

It ain't easy at the top. Luckily they pay us the big bucks. yes.gif

Like this, right?

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/88/88/23398888.jpg

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 17 2008, 03:23 PM)
When a pointless negative thread is posted and it is obvious that the threads sole point is to create chaos then the admins should just quietly delete the thread.  This would include any thread that is started with nonconstructive negativity and with no supporting argument as to the reason for the negativity. 

Just my two cents.....

That's right. Plus, we're not in the habit of deleting threads unless they contain offensive content or are advertising spam threads.

Hey, times are tough...gas is expensive, beer even more so...people gotta stay home on the internets now instead of spendin' monies outside the home. trink38.gif

rofl3.gif wink.gif pokey.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 17 2008, 12:39 PM)

DONT FEED THE MOGWAI

ESPECIALLY AFTER MIDNIGHT!!

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 17 2008, 01:43 PM)

• We Hate Spindrift

Pags,

I think this post is in reference to the user Spindrift, not the song.

OK, I didn't look, but it wouldn't surprise me either. laugh.gif

Hey Gompers!

No that's actually about hating the song. I think the one about Barchetta is a farce, I think. But clearly done so in reaction to all of the other "let's pee all over Rush" threads. What the hell is going on around here? Sheesh! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I haven't looked at the Red Barchetta thread yet, but I assumed straight away that they were just picking on that one because it's Gleaming's favourite song. (in reaction to his Natural Sci thread) laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 17 2008, 12:11 PM)
  • We Hate Spindrift

DIE!

• We Hate Spindrift

What the Hell??? Am I in Sense O'Clock News??

tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 17 2008, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 17 2008, 04:20 PM)
hay guyz the best response to negative threads is to start another negative thread!

So, where's your milk-loving buddy? laugh.gif

off drinking malk, I assume

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Jun 17 2008, 03:14 PM)

• We Hate Spindrift
Take a look at this stellar list of most current topics in TRF's Rush Forum.  I didn't even have to pick through it.  This is in order, the top 6.

This is an absolute abomination, guys, I can't f***ing believe what I'm seeing, and you all suck ass.  Thanks.

tongue.gif

Maybe we need a three strikes rule in the regular forum now. wacko.gif

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Jun 17 2008, 04:14 PM)

• We Hate Spindrift

tongue.gif

?????

Whooosh!!!

Something just flew over my head. I didn't get what you said. doh.gif

yeah......what the hell is happening here?!?!

although in defense of those posts.....they are just opinions, but i do not see the need to waste space on our beautiful forum expressing your "hate" for a Rush song. i dont like some Rush songs.....but i just cant say i "hate" any of them!!

i dislike Hand Over Fist....but i certainly do NOT hate it!!

Archived