Bullying

nettiesaur

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 13 2008, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 12 2008, 09:49 PM)
[Tell them that you have a friend that lives in Georgia that knows a group of young delinquents (some of my "sorta-friends" from last year) that would gladly kick their asses. Honestly. We grow up tough in Georgia- all 9 million of us

I recently have moved up to Georgia from Miami, Fl

sorry to hear that

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 13 2008, 07:10 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 08:46 PM)
Ok all I can really say to what I just saw on the internet is wow.

Apparently some kids at my school made a webpage devoted to making shit out of me, saying how they are going to do crap to me at school.  Lets just say that what they said is extremely offensive and lewd.

Great just what I needed.

I'm curious as to what your father thinks you should do. Father's hate to see their sons get bullied around.

My dad is a firm believer in non-violence like myself. He thinks I should say something back to them but not fight. Whenever I say shit back I always feel like I'm just becoming a bully too. So I end up doing nothing about it but just sitting there knowing theres is coming to them.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 13 2008, 09:44 PM)

Thing is they didnt directly physically threaten me. They just said they would "do stuff to him til he kills himself." I dont know if that could still be considered a threat.

You're damn right that's a threat. They don't have to be specific with what they are going to do to you. Any statement that goes like this: "We are going to do stuff TO YOU UNTIL....[insert whatever the outcome is here]" is a threat. Period.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 13 2008, 11:12 PM)

Apparently some kids at my school made a webpage devoted to making shit out of me, saying how they are going to do crap to me at school.  Lets just say that what they said is extremely offensive and lewd.

I'm curious as to what your father thinks you should do. Father's hate to see their sons get bullied around.

My dad is a firm believer in non-violence like myself. He thinks I should say something back to them but not fight. Whenever I say shit back I always feel like I'm just becoming a bully too. So I end up doing nothing about it but just sitting there knowing theres is coming to them.

Well all I can say is that by saying something back to them does not entail you being a bully. You are just defending yourself. And they want you to say something back to them. They want to know that what they are doing is aggravating the shit out of you. Don't report them like some of the other posters have suggested. That will only make it worse plus you don't want to be known as a "rat."

If you are afraid to physically confront them, then take this suggestion: Have a couple of drinks before class to loosen you up. Buy a flask or something and keep it in your bag. Do it on a day when you wake up and don't give a shit about anything and feel empowered to retaliate. Like a few others have said, once you confront them and call them out, they will back down. Trust me, in general, most do not want to fight for fear of getting their ass kicked. Plus you would gain a certain level of respect.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 09:47 PM)

Well all I can say is that by saying something back to them does not entail you being a bully. You are just defending yourself. And they want you to say something back to them. They want to know that what they are doing is aggravating the shit out of you. Don't report them like some of the other posters have suggested. That will only make it worse plus you don't want to be known as a "rat."

If you are afraid to physically confront them, then take this suggestion: Have a couple of drinks before class to loosen you up. Buy a flask or something and keep it in your bag. Do it on a day when you wake up and don't give a shit about anything and feel empowered to retaliate. Like a few others have said, once you confront them and call them out, they will back down. Trust me, in general, most do not want to fight for fear of getting their ass kicked. Plus you would gain a certain level of respect.

Hmm...well, he already said that he doesn't believe in fighting (which it certainly could lead to). And he said that he doesn't want to have any verbal exchanges either. So in respect to both of those, I think his only option is to report it. Personally, I've never reported anyone that teased me. I just stood up to them knowing that a fight was possible. But mazyyz, gleam isn't you or I (don't read too much into that gleam...the point is, we're ALL on your side).

About the 'rat' label...if one starts believing in labels NOW then tomorrow you're more likely to believe any stupid title others give

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 08:47 AM)

Man, I really hope this was a sarcastic suggestion.

He is 17 & still in high School and I am pretty sure sarcasm.gif drinking is still illegal in High school.

The things that have been done go beyond simple bullying. The creation of the webpage goes to show that these bullys spend a lot of time thinking of ways to torment GAAC. I agree that you usually don't want to report every little thing but this goes way beyond what is "acceptable or normal" teasing. Standing up to A bully is one thing, but it sounds like there is a group of them that gang up on him. There is a big difference confronting one person as opposed to a group.

When there is a group tormenting someone and then they take trouble to create a webpage dedicated to tormenting him it goes over a boundary and the school authorities should be made aware.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 14 2008, 08:25 AM)

If you are afraid to physically confront them, then take this suggestion:  Have a couple of drinks before class to loosen you up.  Buy a flask or something and keep it in your bag.  Do it on a day when you wake up and don't give a shit about anything and feel empowered to retaliate.  Like a few others have said, once you confront them and call them out, they will back down.  Trust me, in general, most do not want to fight for fear of getting their ass kicked.  Plus you would gain a certain level of respect.

He is 17 & still in high School and I am pretty sure sarcasm.gif drinking is still illegal in High school.

The things that have been done go beyond simple bullying. The creation of the webpage goes to show that these bullys spend a lot of time thinking of ways to torment GAAC. I agree that you usually don't want to report every little thing but this goes way beyond what is "acceptable or normal" teasing. Standing up to A bully is one thing, but it sounds like there is a group of them that gang up on him. There is a big difference confronting one person as opposed to a group.

When there is a group tormenting someone and then they take trouble to create a webpage dedicated to tormenting him it goes over a boundary and the school authorities should be made aware.

goodpost.gif Digital Man. No one wants to be a tattletale, but shit gets taken too far, like in this case.

Hope things work out better today, gleam hug2.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 13 2008, 10:12 PM)

There is nothing wrong in standing up for yourself. A good bloody nose goes a long way wink.gif Remember, deep down a bully is really a coward.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 14 2008, 08:28 AM)

If you are afraid to physically confront them, then take this suggestion:  Have a couple of drinks before class to loosen you up.  Buy a flask or something and keep it in your bag.  Do it on a day when you wake up and don't give a shit about anything and feel empowered to retaliate.  Like a few others have said, once you confront them and call them out, they will back down.  Trust me, in general, most do not want to fight for fear of getting their ass kicked.  Plus you would gain a certain level of respect.

goodpost.gif Digital Man. No one wants to be a tattletale, but shit gets taken too far, like in this case.

Hope things work out better today, gleam hug2.gif

I agree with Digi, too. This should be reported!

gleaming, I remember a liitle while ago reading in another thread about these bullies! I just read this, and I'm really sorry this is happening to you. I hope you're getting through the day okay.....

You shouldn't have to deal with this! It's too much! I'm thinking of you hug2.gif

I said in an earlier post should always stand up for yourself against a bully, and i do feel this is a good course of action to make the problem go away. However the landscape in this evil world we live in is changing dramatically from when i was younger. There are groups of derilicts banding together with a mob mentality to cause trouble. They are a bunch of low self esteem losers who are lost in life. You do need to be carefull when dealing with a group of people, and not just one bully. I certainly do not want to offer up advise that would cause you great harm. Be carefull how you handle these kids, and make sure there are adults aware of this situation. I trully feel very sad that you have to deal with this crap in life, when you should be enjoying your youth without this nonsense.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 13 2008, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 12 2008, 09:49 PM)
[Tell them that you have a friend that lives in Georgia that knows a group of young delinquents (some of my "sorta-friends" from last year) that would gladly kick their asses. Honestly. We grow up tough in Georgia- all 9 million of us

Sorry to burst your Georgia ego, but I think Georgians are a bunch of cat.gif . I recently have moved up to Georgia from Miami, Fl and I've never witnessed such pansy asses in all my life.

"We grow up tough in Georgia" rofl3.gif

Well, granted these kids I was mentioning were sorta "hood", if you know what I mean, not rednecks.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 13 2008, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 13 2008, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ May 13 2008, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 13 2008, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ May 13 2008, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 07:46 PM)

Now I need to kick the shit out of them. God f***ing dammit that pisses me off to no end. What are their names and what city do they live in? Do you have a URL to that stupid page of theirs?

yea i want to see exactly what they are saying because this is serious man. still here for ya man.

Yeah, we could post really complimentary stuff about you and ruin their fun!

Bruhahahaha! 1287.gif

Like "Man, he's awesome!" or "Better than Chuck Norris."

What can I say, I'm unimaginative late at night? laugh.gif

EDIT: Post #300! 1022.gif common001.gif

Damnit. I just put in the URl and the idiots took it down.

Man I was hoping to see your reactions to how f*cked up this whole ordeal is.

Thing is they didnt directly physically threaten me. They just said they would "do stuff to him til he kills himself." I dont know if that could still be considered a threat.

Damn they are slick sometimes. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Shame. I would think that would be a threat. Oh well man, keep on truckin'!

If these bullies are cowards deep down, they'll be more afraid of authorities being involved than getting a bloodied nose. A fight is nothing, but once you get the higher authorities in the school involved, which could lead to police, that's alot more frightening.

Hope things are getting better with you though, GAAC.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 14 2008, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 09:47 PM)

Hmm...well, he already said that he doesn't believe in fighting (which it certainly could lead to). And he said that he doesn't want to have any verbal exchanges either. So in respect to both of those, I think his only option is to report it. Personally, I've never reported anyone that teased me. I just stood up to them knowing that a fight was possible. But mazyyz, gleam isn't you or I (don't read too much into that gleam...the point is, we're ALL on your side).

About the 'rat' label...if one starts believing in labels NOW then tomorrow you're more likely to believe any stupid title others give

Hey, to each his own. I was only offering up a suggestion. But seriously reporting it, unless one has concrete proof, is going to backlash. More than likely the school authorities will brush it off making it worse in the long run. Plus if you go around in life taking that option, you will always find yourself running instead of confronting situations. Sorry to say, I despise it when people go and tell on others instead of confronting the individual(s) first. I see it all the time even now in my adulthood. Those people who do that deserve what their getting.

Gleam take it from someone who was bullied in high school because of his height and his last name (which actually means "f**k" in Spanish and I grew up in Miami). Never once did I go and tell, I faced the situation and either laughed it off or told the person(s) to go f**k themselves...it never resulted in punches being thrown because people knew that I wasn't afraid to stand up for myself.

Stand up for yourself because if you don't nobody will.

You got it right Digi. Its not just one person its about 5 main kids doing it and about 10 others just joining in and adding occaisional comments.

And even if I did want to fight them I wouldnt be able to. The main 5 kids are the football teams Offensive Lineman and 2 Linebackers. Im an average guy at 5'11 140 pounds.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 14 2008, 09:25 AM)

No I wasn't being sarcastic and yes I was being serious.

I'm not telling the guy to get completely sloshed and go crack some heads open. It was a suggestion to take the "edge" off.

Regarding the internet webpage, that is just a sign of our times and how technology has advanced to where alternate means of bullying are created.

If there is a group, no don't go against the whole group, but if you get one or two of them alone, then do it.

And lastly, to Daylin and Iluvgeddy, I respect your support of DM's comment, but that is expected from a female POV.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 14 2008, 08:58 PM)
And even if I did want to fight them I wouldnt be able to. The main 5 kids are the football teams Offensive Lineman and 2 Linebackers. Im an average guy at 5'11 140 pounds.

Size means nothing dude. When you are in front of them, kick in their knee sideways so that the knee cap and leg moves horizontal. It will not only bring them down in excrutiating pain but more than likely end their football career.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 14 2008, 07:58 PM)

You got it right Digi. Its not just one person its about 5 main kids doing it and about 10 others just joining in and adding occaisional comments.

So they're like the jocks, except they're assholes and cowards? That's even more of a shame.... keep on a-truckin' gleaming!

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 08:05 PM)

And lastly, to Daylin and Iluvgeddy, I respect your support of DM's comment, but that is expected from a female POV.

WTF based on? Being female? Give me a break and do not stereotype me. If you want to say something about my opinion, chalk it up for being "me", and not just a woman because that's very very low.

Sorry, maybe I've heard of a few too many incidents like this that went to far. Maybe throwing a punch was different pre-internet where you met outside the schoolyard after school to have a fight with the whole school watching, but sh!t is different now and takes a whole new angle -- one that ends up going too far many times.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 14 2008, 08:12 PM)

So they're like the jocks, except they're assholes and cowards? That's even more of a shame.... keep on a-truckin' gleaming!

Yep. Theyre fricken huge too.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 09:05 PM)

I'm not telling the guy to get completely sloshed and go crack some heads open.  It was a suggestion to take the "edge" off.

If you are serious, then you are a moron.

You're telling a minor to have a few drinks while at school and then confront (and possibly get in a fight with) the bullies.

Yeah, good plan. At the least he'd get suspended & probably get put on some kind of disciplinary probation.

FYI, taking something that has gone way out of bounds to the authorities isn't just a female POV.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 14 2008, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 14 2008, 08:12 PM)

Yep. Theyre fricken huge too.

Boy, they sure are some tough dudes. . .5 of them to whip one "average" guy. My, what big, strong, studly fellows they are. Such a contribution to society.

I hope whatever performance-enhancing crap they take leaves them sterile.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 14 2008, 09:15 PM)

I'm not telling the guy to get completely sloshed and go crack some heads open.  It was a suggestion to take the "edge" off.

You're telling a minor to have a few drinks while at school and then confront (and possibly get in a fight with) the bullies.

Yeah, good plan. At the least he'd get suspended & probably get put on some kind of disciplinary probation.

FYI, taking something that has gone way out of bounds to the authorities isn't just a female POV.

What can I say, not surprised by your response. Keep bolt.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 14 2008, 09:15 PM)

What can I say, not surprised by your response. Keep bolt.gif

ok new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived