Bullying

nettiesaur

I feel that physical measures should only be taken when they start being physical with you. If they insult you, it is not ok to beat them down (if that's an option). But, there's never anything wrong with defending oneself.

I see a lot of hommage being paid to the concept that bullies are really cowards who will back down if hit once, etc. I wish I had run into some of those bullies when I was young! The bullies I ran into were mean S.O.B.'s, who were looking for an excuse to beat on someone. Fighting back, either physically or verbally, can be the right option. But don't count on it being easy.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 10 2008, 06:06 PM)
There is only one way to deal with a bully. Punch him in his nose and let him know that if he ever picks on you that there will be a price to pay. Bullies are weak at the core and easily confused and diffused.

That's what worked for me. I found getting in trouble for fighting back was alot easier to deal with than the bullying itself. One GOOD smack rite in the bully's face WILL make him back off. If that doesn't work, use a baseball bat. The bully WILL respect you after that.

Bullies ARE weak people. Just be stronger and tougher than the bully.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 10 2008, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 10 2008, 08:06 PM)
There is only one way to deal with a bully.  Punch him in his nose and let him know that if he ever picks on you that there will be a price to pay.  Bullies are weak at the core and easily confused and diffused.

Yep. It always works.

Been there. Done that. 'cept it was with (oddly enough) a shovel.

Haven't been bullied since. Now I'm known as "That guy who hit Andrew Senior with a shovel." A nice enough title, I'd say.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 11 2008, 08:35 AM)
Carry yourself with confidence, be an effective communicator, and always maintain keen situational awareness.

One could always hit the weights hard and take some intense martial arts training. Not only will the bullies back off over time, but you will reap numerous health benefits and your confidence levels will increase 100 fold.

goodpost.gif

I wasn't ever really bullied, but I noticed that those who were generally were the kids who walked with their heads down and were kinda shoved to the side of the halls. Walk with your head up, try and find a friend to walk with so that you can smile, and try to keep a calm demeanor about you. What he said about the weight room is 100%, too.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ May 11 2008, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 11 2008, 08:35 AM)
Carry yourself with confidence, be an effective communicator, and always maintain keen situational awareness.

One could always hit the weights hard and take some intense martial arts training. Not only will the bullies back off over time, but you will reap numerous health benefits and your confidence levels will increase 100 fold.

goodpost.gif

I wasn't ever really bullied, but I noticed that those who were generally were the kids who walked with their heads down and were kinda shoved to the side of the halls. Walk with your head up, try and find a friend to walk with so that you can smile, and try to keep a calm demeanor about you. What he said about the weight room is 100%, too.

These are probably the two best ideas, along with the Canadian helpline that are in here. Yeah, fighting might get them to stop, but the idea was to find a way to get them to stop without getting yourself into trouble.

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to join in earlier, I've been busy this weekend.

I have noticed that when you look like you could be a target, you become a target: head down, slumped shoulders, etc. So chin up, straighten out that back, and walk like you are the best, because you are, the idiots just don't know it.

Humor can be effective too. I'd like to hear from more people who had that work for them.

Bullies are almost always weak minded people with low self esteam. The best way to handle a bullie is to not take shit from one. If a bully messes with you, i totally recommend standing up for yourself, and if forced in to a situation where you know punches are inevitable i offer the following advise.

When you know someone is going to hit you, as scared as you may be, hit him first. Hit him as hard as you can and do not stop throwing punches, if you do you may be in trouble. Throw the first punch, the second, the third, untill your opponent is defeated. If you never give the bully a chance even get into the fight, you have a great chance to beat this person, so they will never want to mess with you again.

I give this advise in all sincerity. My father said this to me after i had gotten my ass kicked by a bully because i was afraid to fight back. I took his words to heart and never lost another fight in my life. I have probably been in about 15 legit fights in my life from childhood to adult and only the one time i was afraid to fight, did i get my ass kicked.

If you can avoid a fight, you should always do so. If you can't, then once your in the moment, let it fly and fight to win !

I trully think, being passive and allowing someone to mess with you is a big mistake. Even if you fight and lose, you will likely not have to repeat this again, and the bully will probably seek an easier target instead od someone who is not afraid to fight back. Trust me when i say, no one likes to get hit, and if a bully knows you will fight, he will look else where for trouble.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 04:29 PM)
Anyone have any violent-free ways to help stop this?

Not one that will make it stop. Bullies need to be stood up to, if you do it once. You probably wont have to repeat it.

Plus I look at it this way, why the hell should anyone have to take crap from someone in life on a regular basis, because there an asshole ! f**k them, i always had too much pride to take someones shit on a regular basis.

QUOTE (tick @ May 11 2008, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 04:29 PM)

Not one that will make it stop. Bullies need to be stood up to, if you do it once.

confused13.gif

There are plenty of ways to stand up to a bully without using violence, and making it stick.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 09:29 PM)

Is there anyway you can work from home? What you're describing doesn't sound like conventional bullying to me, especially if they're assaulting you in class.

If theres assaulting in the class, why isnt the school helping?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 11 2008, 09:42 PM)

Is there anyway you can work from home? What you're describing doesn't sound like conventional bullying to me, especially if they're assaulting you in class.

That's what I though, unless it's when the teacher isn't there.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 12 2008, 04:50 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 11 2008, 05:33 AM)
I can't say that I was bullied very much

What about that fat dude in the temple JB, he used to bounce you like an old rubber ball...

ohmy.gif

That pig's head is now a trophy that's hanging in my living room firedevil.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 05:45 PM)

The school is the steward of the child while there. If things are getting that crazy they have a responsibility to stop it.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 04:45 PM)

Thats exactly what it is. They only do crap to me when the teacher isnt there so they can have their friends stick up for them and say that I was the one bullying them, therefore getting me into trouble when I did nothing at all. But if you tell then they will stop the beatings and make fun of you even worse.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 05:48 PM)

Thats exactly what it is. They only do crap to me when the teacher isnt there so they can have their friends stick up for them and say that I was the one bullying them, therefore getting me into trouble when I did nothing at all. But if you tell then they will stop the beatings and make fun of you even worse.

Making fun of you can deal with, physical assaults you cant. If anyone lays a f-ckign hand on you, it has to be reported. I know that can be tough too, but after 18 you can go to f-cking jail for doing that to another person, its called assault. Telling to keep peoples hands off you is perfectly acceptable. Once that, if that, leads to verbal assaults, you just ignore them, or really piss them off and smile and laugh at them (nothing upsets a bully more than when you brush them off and laugh at them). verbal abuse you can deal with, because you can ignore it, but dont EVER accept physical abuse. You either tell, pepper spray them in the face, or hit them in the f***ing skull with a 2x4. Choose the one that fits you best.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 09:48 PM)

Ok, first thing; DO NOT fight back. It seems these guys are in a gang, and I know some people here are telling you to, but I certainly wouldn't want to fight a gang, whether you do is a different matter.

If you have friends in the class, get them to videotape it. If it's physical show it to the teacher AND the police. If it is physical it's assault, and if the bullies are cowards, they won't fight back after the police.

QUOTE (tick @ May 11 2008, 04:34 PM)
Bullies are almost always weak minded people with low self esteam. The best way to handle a bullie is to not take shit from one. If a bully messes with you, i totally recommend standing up for yourself, and if forced in to a situation where you know punches are inevitable i offer the following advise.
When you know someone is going to hit you, as scared as you may be, hit him first. Hit him as hard as you can and do not stop throwing punches, if you do you may be in trouble. Throw the first punch, the second, the third, untill your opponent is defeated. If you never give the bully a chance even get into the fight, you have a great chance to beat this person, so they will never want to mess with you again.
I give this advise in all sincerity. My father said this to me after i had gotten my ass kicked by a bully because i was afraid to fight back. I took his words to heart and never lost another fight in my life. I have probably been in about 15 legit fights in my life from childhood to adult and only the one time i was afraid to fight, did i get my ass kicked.
If you can avoid a fight, you should always do so. If you can't, then once your in the moment, let it fly and fight to win !
I trully think, being passive and allowing someone to mess with you is a big mistake. Even if you fight and lose, you will likely not have to repeat this again, and the bully will probably seek an easier target instead od someone who is not afraid to fight back. Trust me when i say, no one likes to get hit, and if a bully knows you will fight, he will look else where for trouble.

At last a worthy challenger!! For I treeduck demand satisfaction Tick in the form of a punch-up to end all punch-ups for the title of anti-bully of the year 2008!!! How say you??

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

I get b-s from a few guys, but most of what I get is from girls. Can't do anything there- no physical contact, no talking (except for 'please be quiet') because being male, the female almost always wins. sad.gif And it's not like I'm starting a back-and-forth thing.

But I just keep on a-truckin', that's my thing. smile.gif

To all of y'all going through it, the best of luck, I have trust that we all can get through it. wink.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 04:58 PM)

Ok, first thing; DO NOT fight back. It seems these guys are in a gang, and I know some people here are telling you to, but I certainly wouldn't want to fight a gang, whether you do is a different matter.

If you have friends in the class, get them to videotape it. If it's physical show it to the teacher AND the police. If it is physical it's assault, and if the bullies are cowards, they won't fight back after the police.

Thats what really sucks about that class. I have no friends in there. I have friends in other classes where the bullies wont do anything to me in their presence.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 05:05 PM)

Thats what really sucks about that class. I have no friends in there. I have friends in other classes where the bullies wont do anything to me in their presence.

Sorta the same here. Thanksfully it's just one class, but it does happen. As my saying goes, "Keep on a-truckin', good buddy!" smile.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 11 2008, 05:19 PM)

Sorta the same here. Thanksfully it's just one class, but it does happen. As my saying goes, "Keep on a-truckin', good buddy!" smile.gif

Yea its 2 classes for me but luckily my Biology teacher knows what the kids do when she isnt looking so she stops them.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 11 2008, 05:19 PM)

Yea its 2 classes for me but luckily my Biology teacher knows what the kids do when she isnt looking so she stops them.

Thats good. Its a shame you dont have any friends in there. Also a shame that someone else in the class doesnt tell these as-holes to quit it...

Archived