Bullying

nettiesaur

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 11 2008, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 11 2008, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 11 2008, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 09:29 PM)
Anyone have any violent-free ways to help stop this?

Is there anyway you can work from home? What you're describing doesn't sound like conventional bullying to me, especially if they're assaulting you in class.

If theres assaulting in the class, why isnt the school helping?

That's what I though, unless it's when the teacher isn't there.

Thats exactly what it is. They only do crap to me when the teacher isnt there so they can have their friends stick up for them and say that I was the one bullying them, therefore getting me into trouble when I did nothing at all. But if you tell then they will stop the beatings and make fun of you even worse.

Ok, first thing; DO NOT fight back. It seems these guys are in a gang, and I know some people here are telling you to, but I certainly wouldn't want to fight a gang, whether you do is a different matter.

If you have friends in the class, get them to videotape it. If it's physical show it to the teacher AND the police. If it is physical it's assault, and if the bullies are cowards, they won't fight back after the police.

Thats what really sucks about that class. I have no friends in there. I have friends in other classes where the bullies wont do anything to me in their presence.

Sorta the same here. Thanksfully it's just one class, but it does happen. As my saying goes, "Keep on a-truckin', good buddy!" smile.gif

Yea its 2 classes for me but luckily my Biology teacher knows what the kids do when she isnt looking so she stops them.

Thats good. Its a shame you dont have any friends in there. Also a shame that someone else in the class doesnt tell these as-holes to quit it...

Thats what irks me the most. Its only the guys in that class that do crap to me. The girls hate it but they wont stand up for me and to them because they want to be "cool" and its easier that way.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 06:43 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 11 2008, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 11 2008, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 11 2008, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 11 2008, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 11 2008, 09:29 PM)
Anyone have any violent-free ways to help stop this?

Is there anyway you can work from home? What you're describing doesn't sound like conventional bullying to me, especially if they're assaulting you in class.

If theres assaulting in the class, why isnt the school helping?

That's what I though, unless it's when the teacher isn't there.

Thats exactly what it is. They only do crap to me when the teacher isnt there so they can have their friends stick up for them and say that I was the one bullying them, therefore getting me into trouble when I did nothing at all. But if you tell then they will stop the beatings and make fun of you even worse.

Ok, first thing; DO NOT fight back. It seems these guys are in a gang, and I know some people here are telling you to, but I certainly wouldn't want to fight a gang, whether you do is a different matter.

If you have friends in the class, get them to videotape it. If it's physical show it to the teacher AND the police. If it is physical it's assault, and if the bullies are cowards, they won't fight back after the police.

Thats what really sucks about that class. I have no friends in there. I have friends in other classes where the bullies wont do anything to me in their presence.

Sorta the same here. Thanksfully it's just one class, but it does happen. As my saying goes, "Keep on a-truckin', good buddy!" smile.gif

Yea its 2 classes for me but luckily my Biology teacher knows what the kids do when she isnt looking so she stops them.

Thats good. Its a shame you dont have any friends in there. Also a shame that someone else in the class doesnt tell these as-holes to quit it...

Thats what irks me the most. Its only the guys in that class that do crap to me. The girls hate it but they wont stand up for me and to them because they want to be "cool" and its easier that way.

How ironic. They arent being cool. Theyre being as-holes. Would they sit on a bus and allow someone to get bullied? Im hoping the end of the schoolyear, only 1 month away +/- will end this for you this year...but dont be afraid to tell on them if you have to, an defend yourself if need be if someone strikes you without provocation.

Well I ignored them today as usual but they broguht it to me more to try to get to me. I think if I just keep ignoring them it will help it a bit. Anyone agree?

BTW I have been ignoring it as best I can but occaisanally I snap and say something back.

Yes just keep ignoring them. Attention is all that bullies want so hopefully they'll start leaving you alone.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 05:03 PM)
Well I ignored them today as usual but they broguht it to me more to try to get to me. I think if I just keep ignoring them it will help it a bit. Anyone agree?

BTW I have been ignoring it as best I can but occaisanally I snap and say something back.

Just look at them, and very casually, tell them like it is. After they've said something and laughed about it, let'em know how this will end:

(loudly, as to embarass them in front of the class) Tell them that just as soon as high school ends, and they've barely passed with a 2.0 GPA, and they're coolness doesn't matter anymore, when no one really gives a flying f**k how far they can throw a football, tell them what life as a struggling middle aged loser will be like. Working 9 to 5 on minimum wage as the worthless bum that's collecting your trash, and staring in morbid jealousy at your successful life. Let them know that as they look back on their life, wishing that they had just tried more, and cared less about social status; if they had treated that one "nerd" with respect, maybe they wouldnt be living in a van down by the river. Finally, tell them that, as you're paying thier welfare check, that you don't pity them, and you're glad that they're finally getting what they deserve for being the poor miserable bastards that they are.

Or something along the lines of that.

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ May 12 2008, 05:30 PM)
Well I ignored them today as usual but they broguht it to me more to try to get to me.  I think if I just keep ignoring them it will help it a bit.  Anyone agree?

Just look at them, and very casually, tell them like it is. After they've said something and laughed about it, let'em know how this will end:

(loudly, as to embarass them in front of the class) Tell them that just as soon as high school ends, and they've barely passed with a 2.0 GPA, and they're coolness doesn't matter anymore, when no one really gives a flying f**k how far they can throw a football, tell them what life as a struggling middle aged loser will be like. Working 9 to 5 on minimum wage as the worthless bum that's collecting your trash, and staring in morbid jealousy at your successful life. Let them know that as they look back on their life, wishing that they had just tried more, and cared less about social status; if they had treated that one "nerd" with respect, maybe they wouldnt be living in a van down by the river. Finally, tell them that, as you're paying thier welfare check, that you don't pity them, and you're glad that they're finally getting what they deserve for being the poor miserable bastards that they are.

I did that earlier this year actually. They all dismissed me as a loser who had no life so he just sat around all day thinking about stupid crap like that.

Made me realize then that it really did get to them a bit I'm pretty sure.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ May 12 2008, 05:30 PM)
Well I ignored them today as usual but they broguht it to me more to try to get to me.  I think if I just keep ignoring them it will help it a bit.  Anyone agree?

I did that earlier this year actually. They all dismissed me as a loser who had no life so he just sat around all day thinking about stupid crap like that.

Made me realize then that it really did get to them a bit I'm pretty sure.

Say nothing. Ignore them, or if looking right at you look at them like they are a strange dog in the street acting crazy. Act like you cant even understand them, like they are speaking a foreign language. Then if need be, smile a little, and pity them - envision yourself actually pitying them for how stupid they are. With this attitude, its impossible for them to win. Then when you see them at your 10th year reunion, you can laugh at them again.

hmm well there are many different ways, ways that have been said by just ignoring them..

My school i can say has really toughened me up. My school your either a wigger, drug addict, or rap fan. if not your looked down as a loser.. I like rock obviously, so its easy to say im down there.

People like that who do pot, dress like wiggers, who you may think are bullies are actually the losers, cuz theyre posers. So what does this have to do with anything about bullying? Well, whenever they abuse me and i just laugh and say you know much of a loser you are.. of course i add curses in there but you get the point.

Alot of kids these days bully you if you look weird, or just not part of that conformity.

Half of those kids are losers cuz they lie and say "Dude i got so drunk last night and hooked up with this girl at a house party." So next time they bully you just use that stuff against them.. And eventually they'll leave you alone.

Worked for me.

Hope that helps.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 03:03 PM)

The teacher isn't in the room yet, so no reason you have to be there, right?

Is it feasible to not go into the classroom until the teacher does?

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 12 2008, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 03:03 PM)

The teacher isn't in the room yet, so no reason you have to be there, right?

Is it feasible to not go into the classroom until the teacher does?

Not really. A lot of times she stays out in the hall talking to another teacher. I'd get into trouble for being late.

Ok all I can really say to what I just saw on the internet is wow.

Apparently some kids at my school made a webpage devoted to making shit out of me, saying how they are going to do crap to me at school. Lets just say that what they said is extremely offensive and lewd.

Great just what I needed.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 07:46 PM)

Apparently some kids at my school made a webpage devoted to making shit out of me, saying how they are going to do crap to me at school.  Lets just say that what they said is extremely offensive and lewd.

And now you have something concrete you can take to the authorities. . .possibly even the police, if they threatened assault. They've done something very stupid, because all that crap can be traced. Even if they went back and think they deleted all of the history and the cookies, it can be found.

I am so sorry you have to go through this. Please keep faith in yourself and try not to let it influence your opinion of yourself. You are obviously a smart guy with a lot going for you in the brains and personality department.

I know how it can scar. . .I am 40. . .in the seventh grade (back pre-internet days, around the year you were born, yikes) I was the target of all of the mean popular girls and not a few of the guys. They didnt beat me up, cause I'm a chick, but the verbal crap was worse, almost. Thankfully it stopped mostly once I got to 8th grade and stopped entirely in high school - by that point I was viewed mainly as a mildly offbeat brain with her nose in a book all the time. But it was YEARS before I felt entirely comfortable eating alone, or wearing certain clothes. Please don't let it get to you like I did. I put up with it quietly because I was embarrassed to tell anyone.

How long before you get to give high school the finger and move on to college?

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 08:46 PM)

Apparently some kids at my school made a webpage devoted to making shit out of me, saying how they are going to do crap to me at school. Lets just say that what they said is extremely offensive and lewd.

Provide the URL to your teacher.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 12 2008, 09:02 PM)

Apparently some kids at my school made a webpage devoted to making shit out of me, saying how they are going to do crap to me at school.  Lets just say that what they said is extremely offensive and lewd.

And now you have something concrete you can take to the authorities. . .possibly even the police, if they threatened assault. They've done something very stupid, because all that crap can be traced. Even if they went back and think they deleted all of the history and the cookies, it can be found.

I am so sorry you have to go through this. Please keep faith in yourself and try not to let it influence your opinion of yourself. You are obviously a smart guy with a lot going for you in the brains and personality department.

I know how it can scar. . .I am 40. . .in the seventh grade (back pre-internet days, around the year you were born, yikes) I was the target of all of the mean popular girls and not a few of the guys. They didnt beat me up, cause I'm a chick, but the verbal crap was worse, almost. Thankfully it stopped mostly once I got to 8th grade and stopped entirely in high school - by that point I was viewed mainly as a mildly offbeat brain with her nose in a book all the time. But it was YEARS before I felt entirely comfortable eating alone, or wearing certain clothes. Please don't let it get to you like I did. I put up with it quietly because I was embarrassed to tell anyone.

^^^^ goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 12 2008, 08:02 PM)

Andd its pretty pathetic that they talk s*** over the internet... they have no balls (excuse the language) to approach you face to face.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 12 2008, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 08:46 PM)

Provide the URL to your teacher.

I dont know about your area, but post Columbine just that very act of putting up the page would mean a mandatory suspension in many places.

2 more years. But then I'll stil, probably be in-state with everyone once again. But they SHOULD be adults by then.

QUOTE (StabileRush2112 @ May 12 2008, 08:10 PM)

Andd its pretty pathetic that they talk s*** over the internet... they have no balls (excuse the language) to approach you face to face.

Yea they are really pathetic but I'll tell you what. Its getting hard to keep my head high with this shit happenning again.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 08:19 PM)

Yea they are really pathetic but I'll tell you what. Its getting hard to keep my head high with this shit happenning again.

Tell them that you have a friend that lives in Georgia that knows a group of young delinquents (some of my "sorta-friends" from last year) that would gladly kick their asses. Honestly. We grow up tough in Georgia- all 9 million of us- so keep on going, and as prevoiusly stated, report it. It's a damned shame.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 09:19 PM)

Hang in there man. Ignore them. The more they do, that you ignore, will make them eventually stop. Do NOT tell them or anyone that you looked at the site, or ever will, that will just encourage them.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 11 2008, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ May 11 2008, 04:34 PM)
Bullies are almost always weak minded people with low self esteam. The best way to handle a bullie is to not take shit from one. If a bully messes with you, i totally recommend standing up for yourself, and if forced in to a situation where you know punches are inevitable i offer the following advise.
When you know someone is going to hit you, as scared as you may be, hit him first. Hit him as hard as you can and do not stop throwing punches, if you do you may be in trouble. Throw the first punch, the second, the third, untill your opponent is defeated. If you never give the bully a chance even get into the fight, you have a great chance to beat this person, so they will never want to mess with you again.
I give this advise in all sincerity. My father said this to me after i had gotten my ass kicked by a bully because i was afraid to fight back. I took his words to heart and never lost another fight in my life. I have probably been in about 15 legit fights in my life from childhood to adult and only the one time i was afraid to fight, did i get my ass kicked.
If you can avoid a fight, you should always do so. If you can't, then once your in the moment, let it fly and fight to win !
I trully think, being passive and allowing someone to mess with you is a big mistake. Even if you fight and lose, you will likely not have to repeat this again, and the bully will probably seek an easier target instead od someone who is not afraid to fight back. Trust me when i say, no one likes to get hit, and if a bully knows you will fight, he will look else where for trouble.

At last a worthy challenger!! For I treeduck demand satisfaction Tick in the form of a punch-up to end all punch-ups for the title of anti-bully of the year 2008!!! How say you??

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

This is gospel truth! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 11 2008, 04:04 PM)
I get b-s from a few guys, but most of what I get is from girls. Can't do anything there- no physical contact, no talking (except for 'please be quiet') because being male, the female almost always wins.  sad.gif  And it's not like I'm starting a back-and-forth thing.
But I just keep on a-truckin', that's my thing.  smile.gif

Holy crap! I can't even imagine a female bully. They just didn't exist in my day. I think that you're on the right track though, just ignore the bitches.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 06:46 PM)

Seems to me that someone as smart as you would have long ago taken a recorder to class. Cell phones today have an audio record function so it shouldn't be too tough to get your evidence. Of course the web sight is a hanging curve ball. What are you waiting for?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 12 2008, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 12 2008, 09:19 PM)

Hang in there man. Ignore them. The more they do, that you ignore, will make them eventually stop. Do NOT tell them or anyone that you looked at the site, or ever will, that will just encourage them.

REPORT THIS!!!

If they did it on the school computers they can get it for misusing the equipement and be banned from using it, and threatening to do harm to a person is a chargeable offense.

Tell someone in charge!!!(At least tell your parents!)

You are a smart, talented person and they are jealous. Don't let them get to you!

QUOTE (tick @ May 11 2008, 01:34 PM)
Bullies are almost always weak minded people with low self esteam. The best way to handle a bullie is to not take shit from one. If a bully messes with you, i totally recommend standing up for yourself, and if forced in to a situation where you know punches are inevitable i offer the following advise.
When you know someone is going to hit you, as scared as you may be, hit him first. Hit him as hard as you can and do not stop throwing punches, if you do you may be in trouble. Throw the first punch, the second, the third, untill your opponent is defeated. If you never give the bully a chance even get into the fight, you have a great chance to beat this person, so they will never want to mess with you again.
I give this advise in all sincerity. My father said this to me after i had gotten my ass kicked by a bully because i was afraid to fight back. I took his words to heart and never lost another fight in my life. I have probably been in about 15 legit fights in my life from childhood to adult and only the one time i was afraid to fight, did i get my ass kicked.
If you can avoid a fight, you should always do so. If you can't, then once your in the moment, let it fly and fight to win !
I trully think, being passive and allowing someone to mess with you is a big mistake. Even if you fight and lose, you will likely not have to repeat this again, and the bully will probably seek an easier target instead od someone who is not afraid to fight back. Trust me when i say, no one likes to get hit, and if a bully knows you will fight, he will look else where for trouble.

goodpost.gif

About the teacher not being in the room.

It is against the law for the kids to be unsupervised, so she is shirking her duties by not being there. Have your parents report it to the principal. This is just lax behavior on her part, and she should be disciplined.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ May 12 2008, 10:12 PM)
About the teacher not being in the room.
It is against the law for the kids to be unsupervised, so she is shirking her duties by not being there. Have your parents report it to the principal. This is just lax behavior on her part, and she should be disciplined.

Well its just standing out in the hall in between classes. Im one of the first ones to get there so thats time for them to do crap to me.

Archived