Bullying

nettiesaur

QUOTE (the invisible man @ May 16 2008, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ May 16 2008, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (the invisible man @ May 16 2008, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 15 2008, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 15 2008, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 14 2008, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 14 2008, 10:49 PM)
One thing I forgot to say earlier today is that the kids tday saw my past cut scars on my arm and they now refer to me as emo kid.  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

Are you a cutter?

Yes I am. I went 8 weeks before I cut myself in my sleep the past 2 nights.

I don't get this. You cut yourself in your sleep? This sounds like something that needs to be looked into by pros. i've never heard of this phenomenon.

Unfortunately it is more common than you think.

I'd never heard of it before either. It FREAKED ME OUT when I saw what happened.

The act of cutting is trully a demonic one and is a serious problem that should be delt with, and not by a lame know it all shrink. The fact that some do this in there sleep is very disturbing. You should seek some spiritual council in this matter, in my opinion.

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Its ok, we all mock what we trully don't understand, but my post was dead on accurate. yes.gif

I was taken back by "demonic". While not to dismiss or minimize the seriousness of the problem, I felt demonic was a strong word. Or did actually mean demon posession?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 16 2008, 08:52 AM)
One thing I forgot to say earlier today is that the kids tday saw my past cut scars on my arm and they now refer to me as emo kid.  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

Are you a cutter?

I don't get this. You cut yourself in your sleep? This sounds like something that needs to be looked into by pros. i've never heard of this phenomenon.

I'd never heard of it before either. It FREAKED ME OUT when I saw what happened.

The act of cutting is trully a demonic one and is a serious problem that should be delt with, and not by a lame know it all shrink. The fact that some do this in there sleep is very disturbing. You should seek some spiritual council in this matter, in my opinion.

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Its ok, we all mock what we trully don't understand, but my post was dead on accurate. yes.gif

I was taken back by "demonic". While not to dismiss or minimize the seriousness of the problem, I felt demonic was a strong word. Or did actually mean demon posession?

I agree...it is anything but demonic. It is a psychological condition that is becoming more prevalent amongst teens. It is seen more commonly in girls than in boys. It is an act of self-mutilation that somehow is supposed to supress the unwanted emotions that individual is feeling.

I have yet to hear of someone doing it in their sleep. But I would definitely seek help before you hurt yourself any further.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 08:12 AM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

I agree...it is anything but demonic. It is a psychological condition that is becoming more prevalent amongst teens. It is seen more commonly in girls than in boys. It is an act of self-mutilation that somehow is supposed to supress the unwanted emotions that individual is feeling.

I have yet to hear of someone doing it in their sleep. But I would definitely seek help before you hurt yourself any further.

In the spitual realm, a act such as this is considered demonic, but not in the sence you are thinking of it. No, I do not mean possessed by a demon. no.gif

You don't consider self multilation a demonic act ? We are on totally different plains on this issue.

Lots of stuff that happen in this world are a result of demons working against us just as angels watch over us. You can totally take mans explanation for this act as fact, but I choose not to. If you would respectfully accept my feelings on this, then i'm done here.

QUOTE (the invisible man @ May 16 2008, 10:37 AM)
In the spitual realm, a act such as this is considered demonic, but not in the sence you are thinking of it. No, I do not mean possessed by a demon. no.gif
You don't consider self multilation a demonic act ? We are on totally different plains on this issue.
Lots of stuff that happen in this world are a result of demons working against us just as angels watch over us. You can totally take mans explanation for this act as fact, but I choose not to. If you would respectfully accept my feelings on this, then i'm done here.

There is another thread to talk about this stuff so I won't get into it here.

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 16 2008, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (the invisible man @ May 16 2008, 10:37 AM)

There is another thread to talk about this stuff so I won't get into it here.

Thats fair indeed. This philosopical disscusion was not really my intention for this thread, sorry to take this thread in this direction.

Well today one of the main kids bullying me pushed me over the edge.

He said some remark to me that I forgewt what it was. So when he got back from the sports awards ceremony a kid asked him if he got an award and he said no. I responded to this, "What? You mean they don't have an award for being an asshole to people, and living in the shadow of your older sister who is smarter, more popular, and better liked than you?"

That shut him up so quickly. I mean what can he say to what he knows is the truth?

It made me feel bad saying that but he pushed me over the edge!

EDIT for spelling

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 05:08 PM)

He said some remark to me that I forgewt what it was. So when he got back from the sports awards ceremony a kid asked him if he got an award and he said no. I responded to this, "What? You mean they don't have an award for being an asshole to people, and living in the shadow of your older sister who is smarter, more popular, and better liked than you?"

That shut him up so quickly. I mean what can he say to what he knows is the truth?

EDIT for spelling

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 10:08 PM)

EDIT for spelling

Nice one mate.

However, it's very important you don't make this an isolated occurence. You have demonstrated an ability to put these bullies down verbally and you MUST consolidate it.The very fact that he shut up so quickly means that humiliation is definitely the way to go here.

Start as you mean to go on. I guarantee your life will improve as a result.

Failing that, just say you know this Scottish nutter who is coming over to sort them out. We eat bullies for breakfast here yes.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ May 16 2008, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 10:08 PM)

He said some remark to me that I forgewt what it was.  So when he got back from the sports awards ceremony a kid asked him if he got an award and he said no.  I responded to this, "What?  You mean they don't have an award for being an asshole to people, and living in the shadow of your older sister who is smarter, more popular, and better liked than you?"

That shut him up so quickly.  I mean what can he say to what he knows is the truth?

EDIT for spelling

Nice one mate.

However, it's very important you don't make this an isolated occurence. You have demonstrated an ability to put these bullies down verbally and you MUST consolidate it.The very fact that he shut up so quickly means that humiliation is definitely the way to go here.

Start as you mean to go on. I guarantee your life will improve as a result.

Failing that, just say you know this Scottish nutter who is coming over to sort them out. We eat bullies for breakfast here yes.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 09:12 AM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Sorry where my question led. I definitely didn;t mean those kinds of pros. I am aware of the conscious harming themsleves but was uaware of those asleep doing so. Obviously, this is dangerous. I wonder if it is a combination of depression and some sleeping disorder and if it might be possible to harm others without being aware of it. I do have a sleeping disorder but am not dangerous to myself or others. The closest I have ever come to getting hurt was leaping over a king sized bed in the middle of the night. I woke up in mid-flight quite surprised.

What is the official diagnosis for this if you don't mind me asking? (please, no more demon possession diagnoses).

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 16 2008, 05:24 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Sorry where my question led. I definitely didn;t mean those kinds of pros. I am aware of the conscious harming themsleves but was uaware of those asleep doing so. Obviously, this is dangerous. I wonder if it is a combination of depression and some sleeping disorder and if it might be possible to harm others without being aware of it. I do have a sleeping disorder but am not dangerous to myself or others. The closest I have ever come to getting hurt was leaping over a king sized bed in the middle of the night. I woke up in mid-flight quite surprised.

What is the official diagnosis for this if you don't mind me asking? (please, no more demon possession diagnoses).

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder since I was in 7th grade which was about 3 or 4 years ago. I also have ADHD and Epilepsy.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 05:31 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder since I was in 7th grade which was about 3 or 4 years ago. I also have ADHD and Epilepsy.

Damn. Just. . .damn. For a kid your age, you've certainly been dealt a lot of crap. I hope you can find the help you need, along with the right combinations of meds. You bring a lot to this board, as I'm sure you do to your friends and family.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 16 2008, 06:17 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Damn. Just. . .damn. For a kid your age, you've certainly been dealt a lot of crap. I hope you can find the help you need, along with the right combinations of meds. You bring a lot to this board, as I'm sure you do to your friends and family.

Marathonist is right, you're really an integral part of this board, and you don't deserve this. Luckily everyone here will always respect you.

QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ May 16 2008, 06:25 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Marathonist is right, you're really an integral part of this board, and you don't deserve this. Luckily everyone here will always respect you.

goodpost.gif I agree wholeheartedly. We love your company gleaming! smile.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 16 2008, 06:37 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Well Im flattered that Im liked so well here. I had no idea! no.gif

Thank you all so much! wub.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 16 2008, 06:37 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Well Im flattered that Im liked so well here. I had no idea! no.gif

Thank you all so much! wub.gif

for the most part, once school is over the wackjobs go to jail/prison and the workplace just isn't suited for the kind of clique-ish behavior found in school so we just don't worry about the same things which is why so many are giving the message of waiting it out in the best manner possible because it all goes away so quickly. One everyone realizes how difficult making ends meet is it's pretty easy to forget about the h.s. b.s.

Gleam, please be careful with advice in these matters. You are already in touch with professionals who treat you for your disease and disorders, so in my opinion, you need to keep them informed of any additional negative behavior.

Cutting, like any other addiction, is a mental and physical response to frustration and stress. Relief of negative feelings is perceived, either consciously or unconsciously when pain releases endorphins. (This is why some people like tattoos, too!) The "relief", however is only temporary and is overshadowed quickly by multiple destructive and negative feelings including guilt and shame.

I've come to know you as a smart young man and you have a good vocabulary so I'm not sugar coating this explanation. I respect you too much to talk down to you!

The tendency to "cut" may also be linked to a prescibed medication, which is why it is very important for you to explain this to your physician. Remember I had asked you to keep a journal of patterns, dates, etc. because it is easy to become confused over data when you're upset or anxious.

This thread demonstrates the connections that you have made here. People from AROUND THE WORLD and people of ALL AGES have appreciated your presence and are supportive of you!!! You have even been involved in a couple of conflicts - - people would ignore you if they didn't care. The fact that people argue with each other means that there is indeed a strong connection (as with siblings) and each feels strongly in helping to "correct" the other. The opposite of love is indifference - - if people don't care, they ignore! Therefore, be pumped in your self-esteem because whether they agree with you or not, your TRF family truly cares about you and your situation!!!

CALL THE DOCTOR!

See you in chat!

Hare biggrin.gif

goodpost.gif

Gleaming, whatever happens in school, you've hundreds of friends here at TRF! bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ May 16 2008, 08:45 PM)
Gleam, please be careful with advice in these matters. You are already in touch with professionals who treat you for your disease and disorders, so in my opinion, you need to keep them informed of any additional negative behavior.

Cutting, like any other addiction, is a mental and physical response to frustration and stress. Relief of negative feelings is perceived, either consciously or unconsciously when pain releases endorphins. (This is why some people like tattoos, too!) The "relief", however is only temporary and is overshadowed quickly by multiple destructive and negative feelings including guilt and shame.

I've come to know you as a smart young man and you have a good vocabulary so I'm not sugar coating this explanation. I respect you too much to talk down to you!

The tendency to "cut" may also be linked to a prescibed medication, which is why it is very important for you to explain this to your physician. Remember I had asked you to keep a journal of patterns, dates, etc. because it is easy to become confused over data when you're upset or anxious.

This thread demonstrates the connections that you have made here. People from AROUND THE WORLD and people of ALL AGES have appreciated your presence and are supportive of you!!! You have even been involved in a couple of conflicts - - people would ignore you if they didn't care. The fact that people argue with each other means that there is indeed a strong connection (as with siblings) and each feels strongly in helping to "correct" the other. The opposite of love is indifference - - if people don't care, they ignore! Therefore, be pumped in your self-esteem because whether they agree with you or not, your TRF family truly cares about you and your situation!!!

CALL THE DOCTOR!

See you in chat!

Hare biggrin.gif

Thank you for the advice Hare! wub.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 16 2008, 09:09 PM)
goodpost.gif

Gleaming, whatever happens in school, you've hundreds of friends here at TRF! bekloppt.gif  bekloppt.gif  hug2.gif

Thank you! wub.gif

Marathonist said it right there! Honestly! wink.gif

By the way, I think it's uber-cool that you aren't afraid to show your support for the gay and lesbian community by displaying the rainbow flag. . .I've a number of gay friends and would like to put a sticker on my car. But this being the Bible-Belt South, I'm afraid of vandalism.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 16 2008, 09:19 PM)
By the way, I think it's uber-cool that you aren't afraid to show your support for the gay and lesbian community by displaying the rainbow flag. . .I've a number of gay friends and would like to put a sticker on my car. But this being the Bible-Belt South, I'm afraid of vandalism.

Yea I understand. I have been ostracized for that and being an open Athesit here. Thats probably one of the reasons why I am bullied.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 10:24 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 16 2008, 09:19 PM)
By the way, I think it's uber-cool that you aren't afraid to show your support for the gay and lesbian community by displaying the rainbow flag. . .I've a number of gay friends and would like to put a sticker on my car.  But this being the Bible-Belt South, I'm afraid of vandalism.

Yea I understand. I have been ostracized for that and being an open Athesit here. Thats probably one of the reasons why I am bullied.

when you say "here" you don't mean TRF do you?

Archived