Bullying

nettiesaur

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 16 2008, 09:19 PM)
By the way, I think it's uber-cool that you aren't afraid to show your support for the gay and lesbian community by displaying the rainbow flag. . .I've a number of gay friends and would like to put a sticker on my car. But this being the Bible-Belt South, I'm afraid of vandalism.

I'll try and keep this not full-fledged religious...

I'm Christian, and apparently we're not supposed to support gay marriage- I'm not saying I'm for/against it, but I think that if two people love each other, if they're the same sex, let them get married. Unfortunately we have people who would disagree- as you said, living here in the South people disagree.

To quote Chris Rock in 'The Longest Yard', "Stop the violence! Why can't we all get along?"

Can we? unsure.gif

Will we? unsure.gif

I think one day everyone will get along... even Red Sox-Yankees fans! rofl3.gif

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 16 2008, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 10:24 PM)
By the way, I think it's uber-cool that you aren't afraid to show your support for the gay and lesbian community by displaying the rainbow flag. . .I've a number of gay friends and would like to put a sticker on my car.  But this being the Bible-Belt South, I'm afraid of vandalism.

Yea I understand. I have been ostracized for that and being an open Athesit here. Thats probably one of the reasons why I am bullied.

when you say "here" you don't mean TRF do you?

No. I mean South Carolina

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 09:31 PM)
By the way, I think it's uber-cool that you aren't afraid to show your support for the gay and lesbian community by displaying the rainbow flag. . .I've a number of gay friends and would like to put a sticker on my car.  But this being the Bible-Belt South, I'm afraid of vandalism.

Yea I understand. I have been ostracized for that and being an open Athesit here. Thats probably one of the reasons why I am bullied.

Hooooo boy. 'Nuff said. Those two words say it all. You are a brave, brave dude!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ May 10 2008, 05:52 PM)
I've noticed that a number of young people on this board are being bullied at school. Does anyone have any suggestions for them(that won't get them into trouble) on how to deal with this? I'm sure that they would appreciate it.

no.gif

But if they don't mind getting in trouble I have lots of solutions........ yes.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 10:31 PM)

cool, I didn;t think so.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 16 2008, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ May 16 2008, 08:52 AM)
QUOTE (the invisible man @ May 16 2008, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ May 16 2008, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (the invisible man @ May 16 2008, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 15 2008, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 15 2008, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 14 2008, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 14 2008, 10:49 PM)
One thing I forgot to say earlier today is that the kids tday saw my past cut scars on my arm and they now refer to me as emo kid.  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

Are you a cutter?

Yes I am. I went 8 weeks before I cut myself in my sleep the past 2 nights.

I don't get this. You cut yourself in your sleep? This sounds like something that needs to be looked into by pros. i've never heard of this phenomenon.

Unfortunately it is more common than you think.

I'd never heard of it before either. It FREAKED ME OUT when I saw what happened.

The act of cutting is trully a demonic one and is a serious problem that should be delt with, and not by a lame know it all shrink. The fact that some do this in there sleep is very disturbing. You should seek some spiritual council in this matter, in my opinion.

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Its ok, we all mock what we trully don't understand, but my post was dead on accurate. yes.gif

I was taken back by "demonic". While not to dismiss or minimize the seriousness of the problem, I felt demonic was a strong word. Or did actually mean demon posession?

I agree...it is anything but demonic. It is a psychological condition that is becoming more prevalent amongst teens. It is seen more commonly in girls than in boys. It is an act of self-mutilation that somehow is supposed to supress the unwanted emotions that individual is feeling.

I have yet to hear of someone doing it in their sleep. But I would definitely seek help before you hurt yourself any further.

Sorry where my question led. I definitely didn;t mean those kinds of pros. I am aware of the conscious harming themsleves but was uaware of those asleep doing so. Obviously, this is dangerous. I wonder if it is a combination of depression and some sleeping disorder and if it might be possible to harm others without being aware of it. I do have a sleeping disorder but am not dangerous to myself or others. The closest I have ever come to getting hurt was leaping over a king sized bed in the middle of the night. I woke up in mid-flight quite surprised.

What is the official diagnosis for this if you don't mind me asking? (please, no more demon possession diagnoses).

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder since I was in 7th grade which was about 3 or 4 years ago. I also have ADHD and Epilepsy.

Please be sure you are not being misdiagnosed. Bipolar and ADHD get thrown around a lot. Re: Bipolar, to be diagnosed with this disorder you need to have the extreme highs and lows. By the tone and content in your posts it sounds like you are experiencing extreme lows... but what about the highs? What is your behavior like when you are not depressed?

ADHD gets thrown around as well. I feel the doctors of today are more eager to diagnose a child as ADHD rather than doing some investigating to find out what the real cause of their misbehavior is.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ May 16 2008, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ May 10 2008, 05:52 PM)
I've noticed that a number of young people on this board are being bullied at school.  Does anyone have any suggestions for them(that won't get them into trouble) on how to deal with this? I'm sure that they would appreciate it.

no.gif

But if they don't mind getting in trouble I have lots of solutions........ yes.gif

And that's how I would think of solving it, right after listening to 2112: Presentation. And I'm 14. Yah, suckers!

*begins fighting invisible enemy* laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 16 2008, 10:29 PM)

unsure.gif

OK, I don't believe in miracles, but that would be a miracle.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 16 2008, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ May 16 2008, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 16 2008, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 05:31 PM)
One thing I forgot to say earlier today is that the kids tday saw my past cut scars on my arm and they now refer to me as emo kid.  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

Are you a cutter?

I don't get this. You cut yourself in your sleep? This sounds like something that needs to be looked into by pros. i've never heard of this phenomenon.

I'd never heard of it before either. It FREAKED ME OUT when I saw what happened.

The act of cutting is trully a demonic one and is a serious problem that should be delt with, and not by a lame know it all shrink. The fact that some do this in there sleep is very disturbing. You should seek some spiritual council in this matter, in my opinion.

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Its ok, we all mock what we trully don't understand, but my post was dead on accurate. yes.gif

I was taken back by "demonic". While not to dismiss or minimize the seriousness of the problem, I felt demonic was a strong word. Or did actually mean demon posession?

I agree...it is anything but demonic. It is a psychological condition that is becoming more prevalent amongst teens. It is seen more commonly in girls than in boys. It is an act of self-mutilation that somehow is supposed to supress the unwanted emotions that individual is feeling.

I have yet to hear of someone doing it in their sleep. But I would definitely seek help before you hurt yourself any further.

Sorry where my question led. I definitely didn;t mean those kinds of pros. I am aware of the conscious harming themsleves but was uaware of those asleep doing so. Obviously, this is dangerous. I wonder if it is a combination of depression and some sleeping disorder and if it might be possible to harm others without being aware of it. I do have a sleeping disorder but am not dangerous to myself or others. The closest I have ever come to getting hurt was leaping over a king sized bed in the middle of the night. I woke up in mid-flight quite surprised.

What is the official diagnosis for this if you don't mind me asking? (please, no more demon possession diagnoses).

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder since I was in 7th grade which was about 3 or 4 years ago. I also have ADHD and Epilepsy.

Damn. Just. . .damn. For a kid your age, you've certainly been dealt a lot of crap. I hope you can find the help you need, along with the right combinations of meds. You bring a lot to this board, as I'm sure you do to your friends and family.

Marathonist is right, you're really an integral part of this board, and you don't deserve this. Luckily everyone here will always respect you.

goodpost.gif I agree wholeheartedly. We love your company gleaming! smile.gif

Well Im flattered that Im liked so well here. I had no idea! no.gif

Thank you all so much! wub.gif

Yeah man, you seem like a great dude........keep your head up, don't let shit bring you down...........

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 16 2008, 09:55 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Please be sure you are not being misdiagnosed. Bipolar and ADHD get thrown around a lot. Re: Bipolar, to be diagnosed with this disorder you need to have the extreme highs and lows. By the tone and content in your posts it sounds like you are experiencing extreme lows... but what about the highs? What is your behavior like when you are not depressed?

ADHD gets thrown around as well. I feel the doctors of today are more eager to diagnose a child as ADHD rather than doing some investigating to find out what the real cause of their misbehavior is.

Oh yea I have extreme highs and lows. And I am definitely ADHD!!! You can trust me on that one! laugh.gif

I can't even pretend like I would take the intellectual high road here. Beat their ass or at least try. Even if you lose, you'll still feel better about yourself and gain the respect of a few people. Then again, I can't relate to being the "Mr. Sensitive" type at all, and snitching would just cause you more problems where I'm from. Also, if you really think it's because you're an atheist, be sure to scream some cool shit like "WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!!" after you punch in their face.

Don't listen to me, I give terrible advice.....but I never got bullied more than once.

And don't cut yourself. You should know you're awesome, you like Rush.

1287.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 16 2008, 10:29 PM)

Okay . . . now you're really pushing the natural order of the universe!!! confused13.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Back to our Buddy, Gleam!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 16 2008, 11:14 PM)
I can't even pretend like I would take the intellectual high road here. Beat their ass or at least try. Even if you lose, you'll still feel better about yourself and gain the respect of a few people. Then again, I can't relate to being the "Mr. Sensitive" type at all, and snitching would just cause you more problems where I'm from. Also, if you really think it's because you're an atheist, be sure to scream some cool shit like "WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?!!" after you punch in their face.

Don't listen to me, I give terrible advice.....but I never got bullied more than once.

1287.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm with you. I grew up where snitching was a no no.

Great post laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 17 2008, 11:02 AM)

1287.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm with you. I grew up where snitching was a no no.

It's a no-no here too. I don't "snitch" fpr stupid crap like wearing against the dress code and other small stuff. But I will on major things, like fighting, stealing, and things of that nature.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 17 2008, 12:02 PM)

1287.gif

this can go a bit far.

we have situations where people get murdered and there are several witnesses who won't come forward because "you don't snitch."

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 17 2008, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 17 2008, 12:02 PM)

1287.gif

this can go a bit far.

we have situations where people get murdered and there are several witnesses who won't come forward because "you don't snitch."

We're not taking it that far. You are. In the neighborhood where I grew up, if you couldn't handle yourself, you were punished for it.

How anyone can say that advising someone not to fight as taking an intellectual high road is beyond me. Some people don't like to fight, and that's not being pompous.

However, I will say that fighting the bully only serves to put people on the level of the bully i.e. using force and caveman-like brutality to put your point across.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 17 2008, 06:09 PM)
How anyone can say that advising someone not to fight as taking an intellectual high road is beyond me. Some people don't like to fight, and that's not being pompous.

Fighting the bully only serves to put people on the level of the bully i.e. using force and caveman-like brutality to put your point across.

Very true!

Fighting shows just how immature you are. It proves nothing.

GAAC, would you feel more comfortable if you did some kind of martial art which aided you in self-defence? Atleast that way, you'd gain respect by being able to carry yourself in that situation, and aswell not acting like an idiotic blockhead by going out looking for a fight to gain respect.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 17 2008, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 17 2008, 06:09 PM)

Fighting the bully only serves to put people on the level of the bully i.e. using force and caveman-like brutality to put your point across.

Very true!

Fighting shows just how immature you are. It proves nothing.

Good. At least that shows you're ignoring some of the morons on here giving you 'advice'.

Also, I'd imagine if you did attack one of the bullies they'd make sure you got in as much shite with the school as you possibly could.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 17 2008, 06:15 PM)
GAAC, would you feel more comfortable if you did some kind of martial art which aided you in self-defence? Atleast that way, you'd gain respect by being able to carry yourself in that situation, and aswell not acting like an idiotic blockhead by going out looking for a fight to gain respect.

Probably not. My dad urged me to get into Karate when I was in 3rd grade so I could defend myself but I never wanted to.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 11:03 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

Oh yea I have extreme highs and lows. And I am definitely ADHD!!! You can trust me on that one! laugh.gif

You can be bipolar and just have the lows, or just have the mania. I have friends with both problems.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ May 17 2008, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 11:03 PM)

Are you a cutter?

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

You can be bipolar and just have the lows, or just have the mania. I have friends with both problems.

Yea I usually just get the lows. I get highs sometimes but not often.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 06:49 PM)
Well Im flattered that Im liked so well here. I had no idea! no.gif

Thank you all so much! wub.gif

Hey man, have you noticed how many people have quoted you about parking lots full of whale shit and stuff? You're very popular here. You're a great guy to have around here. trink39.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ May 17 2008, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 16 2008, 06:49 PM)
Well Im flattered that Im liked so well here.  I had no idea! no.gif

Thank you all so much!  wub.gif

Hey man, have you noticed how many people have quoted you about parking lots full of whale shit and stuff? You're very popular here. You're a great guy to have around here. trink39.gif

laugh.gif Yea that was pretty good!

Thanks man! trink39.gif

Archived