Cheap Trick

ReRushed

Just back from the Manchester show. Wow. Insane fun. The fact that I drank enough whiskey to withstand the pain of an amputation helped enormously. But what a 90 minutes it was. Pure unfettered joy.

I've just told my wife I'm swapping her for Tom Petersson's spangly 12 string bass. She took it very well. I'll miss her.

• Like 1

I have a funny story...

I was in the Chicago Cheesecake Factory a number of years ago, and was sitting at the bar there with a friend. I was looking at the back of this blonde who was sitting next to another girl that couldn't have been more than 21 years old...I was admiring the girls as they were beautiful. The first girl had the most beautiful hair of any girl in the bar. She turned around to look in my direction and I was like WHOA!....You're not a girl! You are Robin Zander!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 12 2010, 06:06 PM)
Just back from the Manchester show. Wow. Insane fun. The fact that I drank enough whiskey to withstand the pain of an amputation helped enormously. But what a 90 minutes it was. Pure unfettered joy.

I've just told my wife I'm swapping her for Tom Petersson's spangly 12 string bass. She took it very well. I'll miss her.

Manchester setlist. Unfreakingbelievable. Oh, during Surrender, Rick Nielsen frisbeed a vinyl copy of Kiss Alive II into the audience. Cool as f*ck.

Way of the World

Hot Love

Big Eyes

He's A Whore

If You Want My Love

I Want You to Want Me

These Days

She's Tight

Voices

Auf Wiedersehen

Fan Club

Sick Man of Europe

Never Had A Lot to Lose

Closer - The Ballad of Burt and Linda

Surrender

Taxman

The Flame

Dream Police

Gonna Raise Hell

QUOTE (vital signz @ Nov 15 2010, 01:52 PM)
I have a funny story...

I was in the Chicago Cheesecake Factory a number of years ago, and was sitting at the bar there with a friend. I was looking at the back of this blonde who was sitting next to another girl that couldn't have been more than 21 years old...I was admiring the girls as they were beautiful. The first girl had the most beautiful hair of any girl in the bar. She turned around to look in my direction and I was like WHOA!....You're not a girl! You are Robin Zander!

biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Nov 15 2010, 01:52 PM)
I have a funny story...

biggrin.gif

Oh shi-

rofl3.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 23 2010, 10:53 PM)
Cheap Trick are thinking about releasing another album soon.
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/ch...bout-new-album/

I hope Bun E. Carlos drums on this and not Daxx.

I read that Bun E. retired only from touring, so there's a good chance he's still involved in anything Cheap Trick records.

I have seen Cheap Trick in concert twice and have always loved their sound and energy.

I saw them in 1978 and in 2009, in San Diego.

When I was 13-15 yrs. old I had some posters on my wall, including Cheap Trick, Kiss, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zeppelin a several of Rush.

Live at Buddakon was my favorite.

Is anyone coming to see Cheap Trick at their free concert in Omaha this summer? (Fourth of July celebration concert at Memorial Park, touring with .88 Special.)

I kind of hope it isn't a madhouse like last year with Kansas, Styx, and Foreigner.

But I dug out one of Cheap Trick's albums from the basement and gave it a spin. Good stuff!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 15 2011, 04:59 PM)
Is anyone coming to see Cheap Trick at their free concert in Omaha this summer? (Fourth of July celebration concert at Memorial Park, touring with .88 Special.)
I kind of hope it isn't a madhouse like last year with Kansas, Styx, and Foreigner.

But I dug out one of Cheap Trick's albums from the basement and gave it a spin. Good stuff!

Cheap Trick is awesome 1022.gif They never play around here though.

Also, its .38 Special wink.gif They're good too. I saw them last summer opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd. They're full of energy live.

It should be a great show!

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

Last night's stellar setlist.....superb, from start to finish! Loud as F*CK! A thrill to finally hear Fan Club live.

Just Got Back

California Man

(The Move cover)

Elo Kiddies

I Want You to Want Me

These Days

Lookin' Out For Number One

Tonight It's You

On Top of the World

Fan Club

The House Is Rockin' (With Domestic Problems)

Never Had a Lot to Lose

(Speck) Ballad of TV Violence

Baby Loves To Rock

Sick Man of Europe

Closer (Ballad of Burt & Linda)

Surrender

Encore:

Downed

Dream Police

Good Night

• Like 1

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 16 2011, 05:27 AM)
Last night's stellar setlist.....superb, from start to finish! Loud as F*CK! A thrill to finally hear Fan Club live.

Just Got Back
California Man
(The Move cover)
Elo Kiddies
I Want You to Want Me
These Days
Tonight It's You
On Top of the World
Fan Club
Never Had a Lot to Lose
Baby Loves To Rock
Sick Man of Europe
Surrender
Encore:
Downed
Dream Police
Good Night

If they added Gonna Raise Hell and Clock Strikes Ten you would have a perfect set. Glad you had a great time, and a few trink38.gif i am sure

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 16 2011, 06:27 AM)

Just Got Back
California Man
(The Move cover)
Elo Kiddies
I Want You to Want Me
These Days
Tonight It's You
On Top of the World
Fan Club
Never Had a Lot to Lose
Baby Loves To Rock
Sick Man of Europe
Surrender
Encore:
Downed
Dream Police
Good Night

Awful, awful stuff. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 19 2011, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 16 2011, 06:27 AM)

Just Got Back
California Man
(The Move cover)
Elo Kiddies
I Want You to Want Me
These Days
Tonight It's You
On Top of the World
Fan Club
Never Had a Lot to Lose
Baby Loves To Rock
Sick Man of Europe
Surrender
Encore:
Downed
Dream Police
Good Night

Awful, awful stuff. sarcasm.gif

rofl3.gif

They are a fun band. But a couple of things.

1. Neilsen spits while onstage. This is disgusting.

2. Peterssohn is very stuck-up and arrogant. No wonder he left the band awhile back.

3. They were once contracted to play at a university. They played exactly 60 minutes and walked off stage. No encores despite the audience yelling for more and a sell-out crowd. They were paid to play an hour only and that's what they did.

4. Bun E. barely tours with them anymore. Like The Beatles, it is either all or none.

Cheap Trick is indeed one of the all time fun bands. I remember in 6th grade we could listen to records in class during recess, and one of my friends brought in his older brother's Live at Budokan album. One of the first real rock bands I ever go into because of that. Not too long ago I bought the Complete Concert CD. Awesome.

Three hours until they take the stage a few blocks away. laugh.gif (From me, duh.) Taking my friend with me so she can get herself acquainted with something other than The Beatles and Journey. wink.gif

Listening to Dream Police right now. Here's hoping they don't disappoint! And my dad put our blanket pretty close to the stage. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Can't waaaait!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 1 2011, 06:06 PM)
Three hours until they take the stage a few blocks away. laugh.gif (From me, duh.) Taking my friend with me so she can get herself acquainted with something other than The Beatles and Journey. wink.gif
Listening to Dream Police right now. Here's hoping they don't disappoint! And my dad put our blanket pretty close to the stage. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Can't waaaait!

If your friend likes The Beatles she should like Cheap Trick.