Cheap Trick

ReRushed

Seeing this thread made me break out Budokan The Complete Concert this morning. I love these guys.

The Budokan version of ELO Kiddies- AAGHHH. :heart:

Seeing this thread made me break out Budokan The Complete Concert this morning. I love these guys.

The Budokan version of ELO Kiddies- AAGHHH. :heart:

And Southern Girls!

and ooouuuttt on the street you got nothin to looosee!!

LOVE that song. holy wow. Auf Wiedersehen live is astounding....dying to see ELO Kiddies, Gonna Raise Hell, Ballad Of Tv Violence and Mandocello live. And Fan Club....agh....they're superb. i remember like it was yesterday lol in kindergarten my dad told me I had to listen to this band, and I was hooked. sang cheap trick songs in first grade lmao

also!! ask me about the time I had the misfortune of sitting next to a deranged, CRAZY ASS, SCARY AS HELL stalker of the band at one of their shows. hooray!!

this woman stalked me online for like 3 years, too. I had to yell at the band onstage I wasnt with her, and I told her to sit her crazy ass down because she was ruining my night bad enough. I didn't need the band to think I was in any way associated with her CRAZY self.

edit:: my dad at one point even threatened to punch her in the face, and it was warranted, trust me.

Edited by hobo73

All Shook Up is one of my favs also!!!

I've began a Cheap Trick marathon this week (all albums...studio/live/compilations in chronological order) and I am just up to "All Shook Up".

A great album that was produced by former Beatles producer, George Martin.

I'm dedicating today's spin to our very own ReRushed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Cheap_Trick_All_Shook_Up.jpg

JUST announced this morning, Cheap Trick and Squeeze will play at one of my fave venues Ravinia in Illinois! Love both bands, and for 50 bucks a ticket, it is VERY doable lol

I am officially excited >.<

JUST announced this morning, Cheap Trick and Squeeze will play at one of my fave venues Ravinia in Illinois! Love both bands, and for 50 bucks a ticket, it is VERY doable lol

Cheap Trick AND Squeeze?! Heaven.

Cheap Trick AND Squeeze?! Heaven.

OK correction. the venue website messed up big time and had a message apologizing for posting concert info on a show thats 3 yrs old =/ lol

BUT!! They announced a CT show at the venue where they will play the entire Budokan setlist, AS WELL AS their entire Sgt. Pepper setlist, complete with orchestra!! My husband just told me it is a definite, count on it, it is a go- we ARE getting tickets!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Cheap Trick love. I love it.

A modern day CLASSIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8dCarh6K4

:goodone: "The Latest" is another great album, "These Days" is one of Cheap Trick's best songs, ever.

I got the album a few days before finding out I was pregnant with my daughter. After finding out I played "Miracle" and cried like a baby...or a hormonal pregnant woman LOL That song perfectly defined how I felt.

• Like 1

Cheap Trick love. I love it.

A modern day CLASSIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8dCarh6K4

:goodone: "The Latest" is another great album, "These Days" is one of Cheap Trick's best songs, ever.

I got the album a few days before finding out I was pregnant with my daughter. After finding out I played "Miracle" and cried like a baby...or a hormonal pregnant woman LOL That song perfectly defined how I felt.

:goodone:

There are some very emotional elements to this album...very deep lyrically.

I feel much the same way about the song, "These Days", which I mentioned in my previous post.

That song reminds me of how I feel about my wife and after hearing hundreds of times, it stills chokes me up.

And that is without the benefit of pregnancy induced hormones. :)

• Like 1

Anyone else a fan of the second self titled album from 1997? I haven't listened to it in a while but it's quite underrated, imo. It's not as good as the classic period, but I hardly ever see people mention it.

:goodone: There is not a dud on that album...

..."Anytime", "Hard to Tell' and "Say Goodbye" could stand up to any classic Cheap Trick tune.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 2

Anyone else a fan of the second self titled album from 1997? I haven't listened to it in a while but it's quite underrated, imo. It's not as good as the classic period, but I hardly ever see people mention it.

Absolutely!! the entire album kicks ass!!

my fave is Eight Miles Low =D

• Like 1

One of their best! Sadly, you never hear anything about it.

25 Years Ago: Cheap Trick Release "Lap of Luxury"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4a/Cheap_Trick_Lap_of_Luxury_Let_Go_1988.jpg

It's got a few good songs, but that's about it. Other than Tom's return, it's a little mediocre.

Agreed, but Tom's return made it worth the price of admission...talk about an underrated musician.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4a/Cheap_Trick_Lap_of_Luxury_Let_Go_1988.jpg

It's got a few good songs, but that's about it. Other than Tom's return, it's a little mediocre.

Agreed, but Tom's return made it worth the price of admission...talk about an underrated musician.

Yeah, I feel the same. A few goodies but I still break it out every now and then :)

Tom is horribly underrated! He's my fave CT member. One time after a show I yelled his name- I was right up front and HAD to talk to him. He actually heard me, turned around and went right over to me! His face was so close to mine, I could see the sweat lol >.<

It felt like my heart stopped- I turned to mush haha. I asked him may I please have his pick- more like "TOM please? please oh please I love you" lmao- and he gave it to me! I held it up and yelled "HELL YEAH!!!" to my brother and dad, and Tom laughed.

It rocked!!

Yeah, I feel the same. A few goodies but I still break it out every now and then :)

Tom is horribly underrated! He's my fave CT member. One time after a show I yelled his name- I was right up front and HAD to talk to him. He actually heard me, turned around and went right over to me! His face was so close to mine, I could see the sweat lol >.<

It felt like my heart stopped- I turned to mush haha. I asked him may I please have his pick- more like "TOM please? please oh please I love you" lmao- and he gave it to me! I held it up and yelled "HELL YEAH!!!" to my brother and dad, and Tom laughed.

It rocked!!

Tom is the MAN! And that bass, oh mercy....

• Like 1

Today I listened to the first three Cheap Trick albums. They are fantastic! Great hooks. Great musicianship. They are power pop masters!

The debut album is hard edged and full of beatlesque melodies. It's great stuff!

Is anyone on this board with me on this?

And I defy anyone to say "He's a Whore" isn't a kick ass tune!

Love early Cheap Trick; soundtrack of my youth. Totally agree with He's a Whore; one my favorites by anyone. Steve Albini in his Big Black days also seemed to approve. Backed by his version of Kraftwerk's The Model, it's one kick ass pair of covers.

• Like 1

Have you seen her face, she's got a face that could stop a clock

LOVE IT!!!

Power pop at its best. Like Beatles I Feel Fine or Replacements I Will Dare, it's 2:30 songcraft perfection.

• Like 1