Breaking Bad

ReRushed

Curious if anybody read the article about Breaking Bad in the newest issue (dated 8/18/11) of Rolling Stone magazine? One of the main themes of the article was comparing Breaking Bad to some other highly regarded shows of the past few years, such as, The Sopranos, The Wire, Friday Night Lights, Deadwood and Mad Men. I think the best way to get to my point of why I'm posting this here is to give you a direct quote from the article....

" If The Sopranos was the Stones, and The Wire was Zeppelin, Breaking Bad is Rush. Walter White is just a geek trapped in a conform-or-be-cast-out world, riding on through the friction of the day. But he chooses to exercise his free will - if only by cooking up his private recipe for insanely strong blue meth "

I gotta tell ya, Hank is one of my all-time television characters. He's a genius on par with Walt and Gus. This show simply spins me around and constantly leaves me guessing what's next. Oh, what great entertaining and intelligent television.

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 19 2011, 04:07 PM)
The look on Gus's face when Jesse is dressing down the Mexican team for the condition of the lab is just perfect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/1dzMiJ-PI1.gif

QUOTE (Khan @ Sep 19 2011, 12:35 PM)
Pretty intense episode last night!

Sure was! ohmy.gif

Did you figure it out just a few minutes early, too?

I'd missed the beginning of the season but have caught up now. I started watching this show from the first episode. I love Bryan Cranston. And when Giancarlo Esposito joined the cast, that made it even better!

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Sep 26 2011, 05:50 PM)
I still cant shake those last few minutes. intense.

Spoilers:

Can easily compare with the ending of last season's "Half Measures", with Walter doing his 'Aztec Bowling with Drug Pimps as Pins' routine....

Actually, better probably. The eerie, psycho music and camera usage in the hole, above the hole, the joker like laughing, the phone call during it all, ...like a fine horror movie.