Breaking Bad

ReRushed

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 24 2012, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 23 2012, 09:58 PM)
I have an odd feeling that Walter may end up killing Skylar. He cares much more about himself now than he did at the beginning of the series. He seems to endanger his family a lot more now than when he started. His slow evolution into wickedness doesn't seem like it will hold him back. But Skylar has to do something like try to go to the police.

I'm not sure if Skylar will do anything. Did you see the look on her face in the last scene? She's scared to death of Walt now and going to the cops with what she knows will put her life at risk, if it isn't already.

Very good episode and it was nice to see the character developement with Mike. Walt's descent into the darkside has been one of, if not the best character changes i've ever seen.

^^ agree about Skylar. After seeing what was done to Ted and the changes in Walt she's scared. I think she wants out but the only way I could see her doing something is if she went to Hank and told him everything, but I think Walt would be on to her before she could make that happen.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jul 24 2012, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 24 2012, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 23 2012, 08:52 PM)
By the way, "Madrigal" was a fantastic episode. It's amazing how a family can influence what you do. Mike is a badass's badass.

Agree. Best one yet of the new season! Mike is awesome.

** SPOILER TALK**

LOVE that Hank knows. That encrypted comment is bullshit. I love that when the captain is telling that story of having Fring over for the BBQ dinner and he says that, basically, "....he was right there, but was someone else the entire time" (paraphrasing) Hank can't even look up. The look on his face as the captain is saying that, too. Classic. Hank looked at that laptop and saw Walt in the lab...and he's just trying to figure out what to do with it all. For one, it's family. Secondly it's got to have some blow back on him or at least that has to be a big fear....that he'd be accused of covering up for his family, etc. Hank has a lot on his mind right now.

Really dug Mike and Hank having their first face-to-face too. It's great to have those two actors going at it finally.

SPOILERS!!!!!

I don't know that the laptop encryption things is bullshit but you could definitely see the gears spinning in Hank's head as his boss was talking about Fring. I don't think he knows about Walt yet but he is on the way to figuring it out.

The scene with Hank and Mike was classic!!

I'm not so sure Hank knows about Walt. I think since we know the whole story, we're reading a lot into Hank's reactions to his boss talking about Fring.

Hank doesn't know yet...but he will know soon.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 24 2012, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jul 24 2012, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 24 2012, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 23 2012, 08:52 PM)
By the way, "Madrigal" was a fantastic episode. It's amazing how a family can influence what you do. Mike is a badass's badass.

Agree. Best one yet of the new season! Mike is awesome.

** SPOILER TALK**

LOVE that Hank knows. That encrypted comment is bullshit. I love that when the captain is telling that story of having Fring over for the BBQ dinner and he says that, basically, "....he was right there, but was someone else the entire time" (paraphrasing) Hank can't even look up. The look on his face as the captain is saying that, too. Classic. Hank looked at that laptop and saw Walt in the lab...and he's just trying to figure out what to do with it all. For one, it's family. Secondly it's got to have some blow back on him or at least that has to be a big fear....that he'd be accused of covering up for his family, etc. Hank has a lot on his mind right now.

Really dug Mike and Hank having their first face-to-face too. It's great to have those two actors going at it finally.

SPOILERS!!!!!

I don't know that the laptop encryption things is bullshit but you could definitely see the gears spinning in Hank's head as his boss was talking about Fring. I don't think he knows about Walt yet but he is on the way to figuring it out.

The scene with Hank and Mike was classic!!

I'm not so sure Hank knows about Walt. I think since we know the whole story, we're reading a lot into Hank's reactions to his boss talking about Fring.

Hank doesn't know yet...but he will know soon.

Unless they have some kind of flashback, I don't see Hank knowing. They wouldn't pull some sort of twist either. They like us to figure things out too.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 24 2012, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 24 2012, 06:31 AM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 23 2012, 09:58 PM)
I have an odd feeling that Walter may end up killing Skylar. He cares much more about himself now than he did at the beginning of the series. He seems to endanger his family a lot more now than when he started. His slow evolution into wickedness doesn't seem like it will hold him back. But Skylar has to do something like try to go to the police.

I'm not sure if Skylar will do anything. Did you see the look on her face in the last scene? She's scared to death of Walt now and going to the cops with what she knows will put her life at risk, if it isn't already.

Very good episode and it was nice to see the character developement with Mike. Walt's descent into the darkside has been one of, if not the best character changes i've ever seen.

^^ agree about Skylar. After seeing what was done to Ted and the changes in Walt she's scared. I think she wants out but the only way I could see her doing something is if she went to Hank and told him everything, but I think Walt would be on to her before she could make that happen.

My theory is that everything Walt has done for his family will backfire and all he holds dear will be gone, either by death or getting away from him...probably death knowing this show.

I can't see him intentionally killing Skylar but I can easily see her being killed at his hands.

This show is stupid good.

Skyler is in too deep to do anything. She has seen Walt, her mild mannered, cancer ridden husband go thru a change that no one would ever do, and he took on the southwest's drug lord and won by essentially executing him.

Now he walks into their home and says "hi hunny, I'm home! Hi Holly! Yo Walt Jr, where's the Raisin Bran?"

She is simply in her own fugue state, and probably realizes her life is done and her family is gonna pay a horrible price, say in about 14 more episodes!

She is pulling off acting these confused feelings brilliantly. It's the first time I have ever wanted to see more of her in all 5 seasons!

Has anyone else noticed the motif of Skylar being unable to tell 'the real thing' from the imitation? In the first episode, it was veggie bacon, which she insisted tasted exactly the same. Then a few years later, the same dialogue was used in regards to frozen yogurt vs. real ice cream. Then this season, there was a scene where the same dialogue was used about Raisin Bran vs. Raisin Bran Crunch.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jul 25 2012, 06:09 AM)
Skyler is in too deep to do anything. She has seen Walt, her mild mannered, cancer ridden husband go thru a change that no one would ever do, and he took on the southwest's drug lord and won by essentially executing him.

Now he walks into their home and says "hi hunny, I'm home! Hi Holly! Yo Walt Jr, where's the Raisin Bran?"

She is simply in her own fugue state, and probably realizes her life is done and her family is gonna pay a horrible price, say in about 14 more episodes!

She is pulling off acting these confused feelings brilliantly. It's the first time I have ever wanted to see more of her in all 5 seasons!

Shut UP!!! Shut UP!!!! Shut UP!!!!! Shut UP!!!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 30 2012, 02:44 PM)
Skyler is in too deep to do anything.  She has seen Walt, her mild mannered, cancer ridden husband go thru a change that no one would ever do, and he took on the southwest's drug lord and won by essentially executing him.

Now he walks into their home and says "hi hunny, I'm home!  Hi Holly! Yo Walt Jr, where's the Raisin Bran?"

She is pulling off acting these confused feelings brilliantly.  It's the first time I have ever wanted to see more of her in all 5 seasons!

I suppose the main character in this drives a tumbler...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 30 2012, 03:44 PM)
Skyler is in too deep to do anything.  She has seen Walt, her mild mannered, cancer ridden husband go thru a change that no one would ever do, and he took on the southwest's drug lord and won by essentially executing him.

Now he walks into their home and says "hi hunny, I'm home!  Hi Holly! Yo Walt Jr, where's the Raisin Bran?"

She is pulling off acting these confused feelings brilliantly.  It's the first time I have ever wanted to see more of her in all 5 seasons!

I laughed at this because I said, "Shut the f**k up already" before she blew up.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 30 2012, 06:47 PM)
Last night's episode was pretty disappointing....

I wouldn't call it a disappointment but it wasn't a classic. But I do think it was a necessary episode just to get the cooking operation back on track.

WTF was up with that last exchange between Walt & Jesse?

I thought it was pretty good actually. It seems as though that was sort of a transitional episode setting up for a real big one next week. When Walt told Jesse about why he thought Gus cut that guy's throat, you could tell it got Jesse (and all the viewers) thinking "What exactly did he mean by that?". And, I don't think that Jesse thought he meant anything good by it.

Edited by snowdogged

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 30 2012, 10:33 PM)

I thought it was pretty good actually. It seems as though that was sort of a transitional episode setting up for a real big one next week. When Walt told Jesse about why he thought Gus cut that guy's throat, you could tell it got Jesse (and all the viewers) was thinking "What exactly did he mean by that?". And, I don't think that Jesse thought he meant anything good by it.

Walt might be thinking of sending Mike a similar message.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 30 2012, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 30 2012, 10:33 PM)

I thought it was pretty good actually. It seems as though that was sort of a transitional episode setting up for a real big one next week. When Walt told Jesse about why he thought Gus cut that guy's throat, you could tell it got Jesse (and all the viewers) was thinking "What exactly did he mean by that?". And, I don't think that Jesse thought he meant anything good by it.

Walt might be thinking of sending Mike a similar message.

You would think Walt would be smart enough to know that their new operation will not work without Mike. He's doing all the leg work by getting the product on the street and dividing up the money properly to everyone who needs it.

I liked the episode mainly because it was great to see them cooking again. I think the idea Walt had about cooking in houses that are about to be fumigated was a brilliant one.

One of the many brilliant things about Breaking Bad is that no matter if it's a strong episode or a weak episode, there is something significant that happens that moves Walt's story forward. Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 31 2012, 08:46 AM)
One of the many brilliant things about Breaking Bad is that no matter if it's a strong episode or a weak episode, there is something significant that happens that moves Walt's story forward.

Has this show taken over from Lost as the most popular TV show on TRF?

unsure.gif

I never liked Lost, maybe I'll try this show when all the furor dies down and everyone's moved on to something else. That's how I like to do it...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 31 2012, 09:56 AM)
One of the many brilliant things about Breaking Bad is that no matter if it's a strong episode or a weak episode, there is something significant that happens that moves Walt's story forward.

unsure.gif

I never liked Lost, maybe I'll try this show when all the furor dies down and everyone's moved on to something else. That's how I like to do it...

trink38.gif

Just do it!

It's by far the best show on TV yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 31 2012, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 31 2012, 09:56 AM)

unsure.gif

trink38.gif

Just do it!

It's by far the best show on TV yes.gif

I've put it on my list. I need to watch Dexter too.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 30 2012, 09:30 PM)

I wouldn't call it a disappointment but it wasn't a classic. But I do think it was a necessary episode just to get the cooking operation back on track.

WTF was up with that last exchange between Walt & Jesse?

Walt wants to send a message to Mike. Feels like he's getting screwed.