Breaking Bad

ReRushed

** SOME SPOILER TALK BELOW**

What an incredible final few minutes of the first episode in this last series. Wow. It happened a bit faster than I expected too. (Go Hank!!)

After watching the opening scene I'm left feeling terribly sad for this entire family, as much as this is Walt's doing, his selfishness, his pride and ego. This all got started for the best and least selfish of reasons (quick way to provide for my family given my impending demise), albeit a risky scenario. To watch him come "home" to this clearly drug-seized and then ransacked home for the sole intent of retrieving a vial of deadly Ricin underscores just how quickly (2 years) this went from cancer diagnosis to God-only-knows what awaits. Where is his family now? What's left for Walt to do? What a freakin' colossal waste.

In some ways I still root for his atonement because at his core, I believe Walt is a good soul..much like Vic Mackey from The Shield. But I suspect it will end poorly indeed.

What a tragic, tragic thing to watch. That it moves me the way it does with its story, characters, writing, and acting says more than any compliment I can lavish upon it.

Premiere was simply amazing. Outstanding. Incredible. Awesome. Unbelievable....... You are right, no compliment can say just how wonderful the show was.

Wow. What an episode....spoiler talk below:

Walt f***ing lowered the boom on Hank, I mean just flat out pulled a Dexter on him...cut him into pieces and dropped him in the ocean. Safe to say that it's not DEA Walt runs from and my guess is that hank kills himself because he literally has no where to turn now. "The nail in the coffin" to quote hank. Just wow. All the mores the shame too because hank's been the one good guy throughout the series. All the big obstacles in Walt's path he's been able to think around, under, over or through...makes me wonder even more what gets him to New Hampshire with a head of hair & a beard. We'll see I guess.

Jesse...guess how mad he'd be if he ever finds out Walt let his girlfriend die.

Will frozen bullets work?

Wow. What an episode....spoiler talk below:

Walt f***ing lowered the boom on Hank, I mean just flat out pulled a Dexter on him...cut him into pieces and dropped him in the ocean. Safe to say that it's not DEA Walt runs from and my guess is that hank kills himself because he literally has no where to turn now. "The nail in the coffin" to quote hank. Just wow. All the mores the shame too because hank's been the one good guy throughout the series. All the big obstacles in Walt's path he's been able to think around, under, over or through...makes me wonder even more what gets him to New Hampshire with a head of hair & a beard. We'll see I guess.

Jesse...guess how mad he'd be if he ever finds out Walt let his girlfriend die.

Will frozen bullets work?

I think after Hank kills himself, Marie does the same or moves out of town and the DEA finds the CD Walt recorded and that's how they find out he's Heisenberg.

The more I'm thinking about Hank....it'd almost be too obvious for his suicide and we all know BB doesn't roll like that. My new idea is that he's going to lay everything on the table to his boss and take whatever happens, just do whatever...something to bring down Walt.

That or he resigns & the schraders move to Alaska...or Belize.

Ok, the ricin cigarette. Doesn't Jesse know that Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin? This doc told him that it was Lily of the Valley, I'm pretty sure. So...why is he now making the leap back to Brock's poisoning be from ricin? Not sure I follow this here storyline. True, Walt got the ricin from him via Huell but...so? That doesn't immediately mean he laced the kids juice box with it. I mean, yeah Walt slipped the kid a Mickey just not the one Jesse thinks.

Great episode again last night. Walt's confession was one of the best things I've seen on TV in a long time. The scene reminded us of everything that has happened with him and Hank. Walt twisted the truth around so good that it will be hard for anyone who sees that recording to not think Hank wasn't involved in it. There's just so many things that tie Hank to the meth distribution that I didn't even think about all of that until Walt laid it all out in his confession. I loved Jesse going nuts at the end. I wonder if someone will stop him before he lights the house up?

What's this crap about Hank committing suicide? Where the hell did this come from? That never once crossed my mind as a possible end for him. Skyler, yes. Hank, no way. When Hank got shot by those hitmen in season three he did not go down quietly during that, the same with his rehab. I just don't see a suicide from him, he's too strong of a person and has come back from too much to do that. I don't know what's in store for him but his death certainly won't be at his own hands.

Edited by J2112YYZ

What's this crap about Hank committing suicide? Where the hell did this come from? That never once crossed my mind as a possible end for him. Skyler, yes. Hank, no way. When Hank got shot by those hitmen in season three he did not go down quietly during that, the same with his rehab. I just don't see a suicide from him, he's too strong of a person and has come back from too much to do that. I don't know what's in store for him but his death certainly won't be at his own hands.

I would have agreed...6 episodes ago. Hank is a different cat now, his world is upside down and he doesn't have a lot of wiggle room anymore. Plus, we know Walt doesn't end up in jail so obviously Hank isn't successful at nabbing him. I can see it happening.

I would have agreed...6 episodes ago. Hank is a different cat now, his world is upside down and he doesn't have a lot of wiggle room anymore. Plus, we know Walt doesn't end up in jail so obviously Hank isn't successful at nabbing him. I can see it happening.

We don't necessarily know if Walt doesn't end up in jail. No way. In a lot of ways, Hank has proved himself to be morally based and very strong. Predictions are FUTILE!

I think you guys are missing it here. Pinkman is going to bring the whole thing down. Without Pinkman Hank and the DEA have nothing. If Jesse buckles, and it looks like he is going to, he can bring everything to the ground. That is what I think will happen. Jesse is who Walt is looking to get revenge on with the risen.

My prediction.

I think you guys are missing it here. Pinkman is going to bring the whole thing down. Without Pinkman Hank and the DEA have nothing. If Jesse buckles, and it looks like he is going to, he can bring everything to the ground. That is what I think will happen. Jesse is who Walt is looking to get revenge on with the risen.

My prediction.

I don't think we're missing anything. We were just discussing what we think might happen with Hank since Walt dropped his "confession" on him. I have been thinking for a while now that Jesse might end up being the last man standing when it's all over. After being used the way he has by Walt, he deserves to have some kind of redemption in the end.

Edited by J2112YYZ

My prediction.

I don't think we're missing anything. We were just discussing what we think might happen with Hank since Walt dropped his "confession" on him. I have been thinking for a while now that Jesse might end up being the last man standing when it's all over. After being used the way he has by Walt, he deserves to have some kind of redemption in the end.

Nothing will happen to Hank. Hank has no evidence and now his hands are tied with Walt's new threat so Hank will do nothing.........until Jesse rolls over and tells it all.

Jesse + immunity = bring WW down

Definite possibility. Also, with Walt ending up in New Hampshire (or at least with a NH driver's license) I've considered the possibility of his being an informant for the DEA and going into witness protection. That or he called Saul's vacuum cleaner repairman. Anything can happen on this show.

I keep flip-flopping on Hank's survival...just so many possibilities. Just wish I could Netflix the damn last 5 shows already!

Definite possibility. Also, with Walt ending up in New Hampshire (or at least with a NH driver's license) I've considered the possibility of his being an informant for the DEA and going into witness protection. That or he called Saul's vacuum cleaner repairman. Anything can happen on this show.

I keep flip-flopping on Hank's survival...just so many possibilities. Just wish I could Netflix the damn last 5 shows already!

Who would he inform against? Gus took out everyone else and Walt took out Gus. There would be no bigger fish to get than Walt.

I think he is on the run in New Hampshire. He comes back to get revenge on someone. I am betting it's Jesse.

Who would he inform against? Gus took out everyone else and Walt took out Gus. There would be no bigger fish to get than Walt.

I think he is on the run in New Hampshire. He comes back to get revenge on someone. I am betting it's Jesse.

Good points but there's Lydia & Madrigal, Declan's outfit (even though he's dead)...potentially the European connections. Walt knows a lot the DEA would like to know I'm sure.

I can't see Walt needing an M60 for just Jesse...unless Jesse is now Scarface.

Good points but there's Lydia & Madrigal, Declan's outfit (even though he's dead)...potentially the European connections. Walt knows a lot the DEA would like to know I'm sure.

Yeah. I know I have about a 95% chance of being wrong but its fun to speculate.

Yeah. I know I have about a 95% chance of being wrong but its fun to speculate.

Oh hell, we're all wrong no doubt. But they've teased us with those two flash forward opens....

Facts: Walt is alive a year from now (give or take a month or so), he's not in prison, the public knows he's Heisenberg and he doesn't live in NM anymore.

For the moment he has 2 problems: Jesse & Hank. How do these 2 problems lead to Future Walt? Hank has been momentarily handled via the confession. Jesse is now a problem of survival as he's more likely to just kill Walt than anyone at this juncture. Walt now knows he has to kill (should have already killed) Jesse. Is Jesse a rat? I don't think so. It's a personal issue now and I think they both know the other has to die. At least a year later Walt is still alive. Is Jesse? I say no.

Who would require the kind of firepower Walt is packing? Jesse? The DEA? Highly unlikely. Todd's gang perhaps or the Czechs or maybe even to rumored Chileans avenging Fring (the least likely IMO). The Gang or Czechs could get pissed enough to try and force Walt back into the game by threatening/hurting/killing his family...they could already be dead by the cold opens and he's back for revenge.

There's a limited number of ways Walt ends up in NH...witness protection or Saul's guy or just runs and finds ways himself. I say Saul's guy because of an interview CBS Sunday Morning did with Cranston, I know that there is a scene in Walt's driveway where he is wearing the white jacket but its very dirty, there's an old (really old) pick up in the driveway and he's telling Skyler & Breakfast Boy to pack quickly because they're leaving right away.

So...Walt has a run in with the meth world or the DEA is closing in...or both...and they call Saul in a panic to get out of town. I think DEA because of the publicity of Heisenberg and the eventual shuttering of his house.

Most likely predictions are FUTILE!