Breaking Bad

ReRushed

How the f**k are they going to end this in only 3 episodes!?!

A lot is gonna happen in them, that's how. Does anyone know if the series finale will be an extended episode or not? I think both Hank and his partner will be shot dead by Walt's thugs and Walt will escape arrest that way. As for Jesse, I think he somehow manages to run and hide away during the shootout and survives until the end.

Hank wasn't thinking though, he shouldn't have wasted time calling Marie. I know he was happy about catching Walt and wanted to tell her but once he made the arrest he should've wasted no time hauling Walt off to jail.

Hindsight is 20/20.

A lot is gonna happen in them, that's how. Does anyone know if the series finale will be an extended episode or not? I think both Hank and his partner will be shot dead by Walt's thugs and Walt will escape arrest that way. As for Jesse, I think he somehow manages to run and hide away during the shootout and survives until the end.

Hank wasn't thinking though, he shouldn't have wasted time calling Marie. I know he was happy about catching Walt and wanted to tell her but once he made the arrest he should've wasted no time hauling Walt off to jail.

How was he supposed to know a hit squad was coming? As far as he was concerned they were alone in the middle of the desert. He could take his sweet time. I have to agree though. Hank and his partner are dead. Jesse survives by hiding or by Walt still caring for the kid. Walt is forced to cook meth, and then to escape he uses the vacuum guy?

Hindsight is 20/20.

I didn't think of that after the shootout though. When Hank was making the call I was yelling at the TV "get the hell outta there, Walt's guys are coming!!" In fact, while he was on the phone I thought for sure one of Walt's guys was waiting in the distance and was gonna shoot Hank dead right there.

How was he supposed to know a hit squad was coming? As far as he was concerned they were alone in the middle of the desert. He could take his sweet time. I have to agree though. Hank and his partner are dead. Jesse survives by hiding or by Walt still caring for the kid. Walt is forced to cook meth, and then to escape he uses the vacuum guy?

Yeah, Hank really had no way of knowing those guys were coming. With how great the ending of the episode turned out to be, I shouldn't be questioning anything this show does.

You have to figure that Hank and his partner are dead but predicting Breaking Bad is usually a bad thing to do. Who knows, maybe Walt will make his way up to the front of the SUV and ram the nazis taking a few of them out and they will end up fleeing and Walt will save all three of their lives and be the hero (I don't see how the SUV would start with all the bullet holes, but it is tv.). That probably won't happen but you never know what to expect with Breaking Bad. It's best to expect the unexpectable with that show.

Quick informal poll on Breaking Bad:

Who are you 'rooting for'/'rooting against' at this point?

I'm definitely rooting for Walt, and rooting strongly against Hank. I always felt that if Hank found Walt out, that he would try and protect Walt- to get him to confess, or get immunity, or help cover it up. I always used to get the sense that Hank would put family first. I was wrong on that.

Hank is entirely driven by his own personal ambition at this point, and will not hesitate to throw family under the bus to achieve his goals. He'll do anything to punish Walt, and he'll even go so far as threatening/incriminating Skylar in the process. He also doesn't give a damn about the welfare of Jesse, as he said to Gomez that if Walt kills Pinkman, it would be a good result, cause then they could get Walt. Hank is a real piece of trash at this point, and I really hope he gets what's coming to him. He is definitely the bad guy in the show at this point.

Walt, on the other hand, will not cross family. He wouldn't stand idly by as Gus Fring tried to assassinate Hank, instead going toe to toe with the most dangerous man around. He refused to 'send Hank to Belize'. He was EXTREMELY hesitant to do anything against Jesse, even when Jesse made legitimate threatening actions against him and his family. And even at the end of the last episode, Walt made every attempt to call off the Nazis when he found out Hank was involved at the end. I'm definitely rooting for Walt at this point, as he seems to be the only remaining character with any semblance of a moral compass. Walt is the good guy.

I'm definitely rooting for Walt, and rooting strongly against Hank. I always felt that if Hank found Walt out, that he would try and protect Walt- to get him to confess, or get immunity, or help cover it up. I always used to get the sense that Hank would put family first. I was wrong on that.

Hank is entirely driven by his own personal ambition at this point, and will not hesitate to throw family under the bus to achieve his goals. He'll do anything to punish Walt, and he'll even go so far as threatening/incriminating Skylar in the process. He also doesn't give a damn about the welfare of Jesse, as he said to Gomez that if Walt kills Pinkman, it would be a good result, cause then they could get Walt. Hank is a real piece of trash at this point, and I really hope he gets what's coming to him. He is definitely the bad guy in the show at this point.

Walt, on the other hand, will not cross family. He wouldn't stand idly by as Gus Fring tried to assassinate Hank, instead going toe to toe with the most dangerous man around. He refused to 'send Hank to Belize'. He was EXTREMELY hesitant to do anything against Jesse, even when Jesse made legitimate threatening actions against him and his family. And even at the end of the last episode, Walt made every attempt to call off the Nazis when he found out Hank was involved at the end. I'm definitely rooting for Walt at this point, as he seems to be the only remaining character with any semblance of a moral compass. Walt is the good guy.

Disagree.

Disagree.

+1

I wasn't sure who I would be rooting for until I watched this episode. I'm all in for Walt. My emotions were all over the place the last 20 minutes but I ultimately felt mad that Walt was getting caught. More mad AT Walt for being outsmarted by Jesse & Hank. He just didn't stop to think once he saw the "money shot".

Walt is a bad man with no limits but definite parameters he's built. Hank is a man with parameters (the law) but no limits to what he'll do inside those boundaries. Legally, I think Saul or any lawyer would tear the DEA a new one for the procedures Hank & Gomie used to apprehend Walt. Huell was lied to and manipulated, Jesse's taped confession at an agent's house with no attorney present...legally I still think Hank can't get Walt inside a jail.

If he's alive to get him into custody...which it would test the limits of credulity to think Hank & Gomie make it out alive of that shoot out. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are worse shots than Uncle Racist & The Gang.

I think Walt will, in the end, lose everything he fought for: family & the money but will somehow redeem himself when he goes John Rambo on the Nazis with the m60.

Still...the ricin...who is that for? Himself? Jesse? Lydia??

Let's not forget about Walt's son. Walt is despicable with how he handles him. I can't root for that.

How so? Walt has protected Walt Jr. a great deal. He's preserved any sense of normalcy for him at great cost. Walt is a lot of terrible things, but he's tried to be a good father throughout. I think that is one of his greatest redeeming characteristics.

Let's not forget about Walt's son. Walt is despicable with how he handles him. I can't root for that.

How so? Walt has protected Walt Jr. a great deal. He's preserved any sense of normalcy for him at great cost. Walt is a lot of terrible things, but he's tried to be a good father throughout. I think that is one of his greatest redeeming characteristics.

Walt is a murdering meth cooker/dealer who lied to his son. What's redeeming about that? A good father who has destroyed the family. Yeah, totally redeeming.

Walt is a murdering meth cooker/dealer who lied to his son. What's redeeming about that? A good father who has destroyed the family. Yeah, totally redeeming.

His family isn't destroyed. The core of it is actually pretty strong right now- probably a lot stronger than it would've been had he never cooked meth. In fact, it is only because of Hank that the family now lies in peril.

Hank is the problem. Walt should've sent him to Belize a long time ago, he is a self-obsessed, vindictive, petty man; who puts career in front of family- something Walt won't do.

His family isn't destroyed. The core of it is actually pretty strong right now- probably a lot stronger than it would've been had he never cooked meth. In fact, it is only because of Hank that the family now lies in peril.

Hank is the problem. Walt should've sent him to Belize a long time ago, he is a self-obsessed, vindictive, petty man; who puts career in front of family- something Walt won't do.

Wow. We are watching different shows. I could not disagree with your interpretation more. Hank is the problem. Wow.

At this point in time Hank IS the problem. However, is point in time arrived because of Walt's decisions.

I have the ending:

Walt has lost everything. Skyler is dead. The kids are in foster homes. The cancer is winning. He goes Rambo and blows shit up with the m60 and dies at the last...fade to black

...from black to a close up of a snow globe in an office where AllState agent Pinkman is telling one Walter White what can happen to people who are uninsured...

GOLD.

• Like 1

At this point in time Hank IS the problem. However, is point in time arrived because of Walt's decisions.

I have the ending:

Walt has lost everything. Skyler is dead. The kids are in foster homes. The cancer is winning. He goes Rambo and blows shit up with the m60 and dies at the last...fade to black

...from black to a close up of a snow globe in an office where AllState agent Pinkman is telling one Walter White what can happen to people who are uninsured...

GOLD.

me likey

Yeah, Hank can be an asshole. While he struggles with his selfishness, he usually makes the right decisions for the right reasons.

Walt is a likable guy. But, he's a manipulative, lying, sociopathic murderer who embraced that side of himself.

I´m slightly late for the party - started watching the series from scratch two weeks ago, and I´m halfway through Season 4 right now. Man, what a series! and I think they´re doing the right thing by wrapping things up on Season 5.