Who's the worst singer you've ever heard?

Del_Duio

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Mar 4 2009, 11:28 PM)
It's a dead heat between Tiny Tim & Yoko Ono. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I believe the question referred to worst "singers", which nobody would accuse either of these two of being.

wink.gif

I have to go for Bob Dylan.

Oh and if we leave all the modern crappy "rock" scene like Coldplay and Snow Patrol, I have to say that guy who sang on Genesis Calling All stations - something Wilson. Rob? Blaaaaand. Bland bland bland. And dead annoying. Irritates the hell out of me.

As for gems like Pantera and alike, I don't even consider them voices as such

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 5 2009, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Mar 4 2009, 11:48 PM)
Dannie Joe Brown of Molly Hatchet.  Simply horrible, sounded like Kermit the Frog.

ohmy.gif

I've always thought the same rofl3.gif

I find it funny

Well, hes been dead for a few years so you want have to worry about him anymore.....

Not a big hatchet fan but they had a few good songs IMO.

QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Mar 6 2009, 04:03 PM)
I have to say that guy who sang on Genesis Calling All stations - something Wilson. Rob? Blaaaaand. Bland bland bland. And dead annoying. Irritates the hell out of me.

Ray Wilson.

I wouldn't say he's a bad singer though. I've only heard the song Congo, but I like it quite a lot.

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 6 2009, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Mar 5 2009, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Mar 4 2009, 11:48 PM)
Dannie Joe Brown of Molly Hatchet.  Simply horrible, sounded like Kermit the Frog.

ohmy.gif

I've always thought the same rofl3.gif

I find it funny

Well, hes been dead for a few years so you want have to worry about him anymore.....

Not a big hatchet fan but they had a few good songs IMO.

eep

scared.gif

I didnt know, sorry sad.gif

Mick Jagger trying to sing with a little vibrato on "Wild Horses" makes me cringe. Dude, you're not Gary Puckett.

QUOTE (Wartypig @ Mar 8 2009, 10:09 PM)
That monobrowed manc ta*t Liam from Oasis.....

He's definitely an acquired taste, that's for sure...but his work on Definitely Maybe and (WTS)MG is really good. Listen to the song "Live Forever", those are some pretty good vocals there IMO.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Mar 8 2009, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (Wartypig @ Mar 8 2009, 10:09 PM)
That monobrowed manc ta*t Liam from Oasis.....

He's definitely an acquired taste, that's for sure...but his work on Definitely Maybe and (WTS)MG is really good. Listen to the song "Live Forever", those are some pretty good vocals there IMO.

I love Liam Gallagher's voice. I read somewhere that described his voice as a cross between John Lydon and John Lennon. I think it's an accurate description.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 13 2008, 03:17 AM)
QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Feb 12 2008, 09:16 PM)
I've always hated the voice of guy who sang for The Smiths.

oh.....how got I forget him........I hardly call that singing.......

Was about time ... the infamous Morrissey ...

Only beaten by The Cure's Robert Smith and that Joy Division guy!

I may be biased, though, because a - these three bands stand for some of the worst whining ever to be released on records and b - (much more important) a former girlfriend loved them and couldn't stop whinging about Geddy's voice! Should have been reason enough to break up...

BTW, Dylan is (or at least was) an excellent singer in hisown category. Just listen to the live version of "It's alright, Ma" on "Before the Flood"

Edited by barchetta90480

Vince Neil - I can't listen to him...I can listen to MC but not the vocals. He causes motion sickness (in me anyway) - He's nauseous!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 6 2009, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Mar 6 2009, 04:03 PM)
I have to say that guy who sang on Genesis Calling All stations - something Wilson. Rob? Blaaaaand. Bland bland bland. And dead annoying. Irritates the hell out of me.

Ray Wilson.

I wouldn't say he's a bad singer though. I've only heard the song Congo, but I like it quite a lot.

Congo is catchy enough. But its good qualities have nothing to do with the vocals. It would benefit from a more original vocalist. I am not saying he can't sing. All people menationed in this thread can sing))) We're just talking about the irritating qualities of a vocals.

Ray (that's it!) Wilson has this Jamesblunty, Ronankeatingy boybandy blandness with pretence to emotion in his vocals that I find extremely irritating...

I am a big fan of instnatly recognisable vocals, those with character, like Geddy or Jon Anderson or even Dan McCafferty (the guy Axl Rose based his screeching on, but I prefer the original)))