Who's the worst singer you've ever heard?

Del_Duio

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 18 2008, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Feb 13 2008, 04:59 PM)
bono - hands down

Are you joking? Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean his voice isn't fantastic...

Anyways, although I like some Say Anything songs, Max Bemis has a pretty bad voice.

Bono has a distinct voice. It fits the band perfectly but his voice is definitely not great.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 18 2008, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 18 2008, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Feb 13 2008, 04:59 PM)
bono - hands down

Are you joking? Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean his voice isn't fantastic...

Anyways, although I like some Say Anything songs, Max Bemis has a pretty bad voice.

Bono has a distinct voice. It fits the band perfectly but his voice is definitely not great.

tom araya has a good voice , bono , like his band - stinks

Britney and Jessica sing out of their noses. (we all can do that!)

Cher 062802puke_prv.gif I can't, sorry.

S. Nicks (I just remember the wayne's world imitiation of a bleating

sheep or goat or whatever it was they did) z7shysterical.gif

Ono - you mean OH NO!!!!! ohmy.gif

Madonna, also see Cher

Get to the guys later...

i still have to go with

AXL

KURT

and BILLY from the PUMPKINS

the 3 worst i have ever had the displeasure of listening to 062802puke_prv.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (J0N @ Mar 3 2009, 01:51 PM)
Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries

I seem to be the only one that finds her voice painfully annoying comp26.gif bolt.gif

No you're not - Good choice! +1 Completely forgot about her...

In b4 Rob explains his hatred for Jon Anderson laugh.gif

my least favorite (I have to agree with the comment Re: worst or least) would be all the guys that try to sound like Chad Kroeger and succeed, there's too many people that sound JUST like him!

Barney Greenway from Napalm Death...when I saw him sing with Dream Theater on a Metallica cover from the 5 Years DVD...I died of laughter...it's quite awful!

i still have to go with

AXL

KURT

and BILLY from the PUMPKINS

the 3 worst i have ever had the displeasure of listening to

But I like Billys songs.

I seem to be the only one that finds her voice painfully annoying

Me too!!!

Anyone and everyone who are descendants of Layne Staley's vocal style. Loved the original, can't stand all the clones in bands like Creed, Staind, Puddle of Crudd, Nickleback and all the other shite imitators. Just one or two bars of their voice makes me cringe.

yes.gif

Edited by Prince Sphinc-Tor

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 3 2009, 03:41 PM)
In b4 Rob explains his hatred for Jon Anderson laugh.gif

my least favorite (I have to agree with the comment Re: worst or least) would be all the guys that try to sound like Chad Kroeger and succeed, there's too many people that sound JUST like him!

Jon Anderson. Proof that all castrati weren't trained to sing.

Now, check this out. I understand that a bunch o' folks have it out/in for William Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins fame....First of all, why does the terms, "have it out for" and "have it in for" mean essentially the same thing? Ya ever think of that? Well, it's way strange.

Secondly, I can see how one can grow perturbed with the vocal stylings of one William Corgan. But, at the same time, is it possible for any ya'll to acknowledge that his vocal phrasing is absolutely brilliant and amongst the most original ever conceived? Can ya do both, dislike it and acknowledge it's genius?

If ya think of Corgan's voice as an instrument itself, and ya kinda blur the fact that words are spewing forth from his grotesque piehole, ya can work it out in your mind where ya hear only the notes and the exact manner in which they are being delivered by an instrument which is unique only to him. Ya follow what I'm saying here? The vocal phrasing is what I'm keying in on. Think of his voice as a guitar or piano.

If ya do that with Corgan's voice, ya can't help but to see that what he was doing there at the absolute peak of his craft was absolutely totally brilliant. He was the shiz, mo-fo. His vocal delivery on albums like Gish, Siamese and Mellon Collie was beyond crafty, beyond clever, it was simply - The Shiz...But, at the same time, I think he sounded like a whiny baby who pooped himself. lol.

You eva have the privilege of hearing Steve Howe of YES sing? Listen to his first solo venture, Beginnings. Oh, lordy. Someone made the mistake of holding back the bad news that this guy's voice was just made to maim...and leave one in abject misery. No joke, bloke. This is one bad voice. Thankfully, his skillz behind the six strings more than make up for the sour notes that emit from his piehole. Funny thing is that I've often seen a working mic in front of his setup on stage with YES. I don't know if they just tell him that it's on, or whether it's way down in the mix. But, they actually give the guy a mic. Listen to Beginnings and have a chuckle, on Steve.

I dont understand how anyone can listen to voices like in Fall Out Boy or stuff like that confused13.gif

Its just so whiny and annoying, ugh I cant stand it angry.gif

And Axl Rose laugh.gif never could put up with his voice

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Mar 4 2009, 02:48 AM)
Now, check this out. I understand that a bunch o' folks have it out/in for William Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins fame....First of all, why does the terms, "have it out for" and "have it in for" mean essentially the same thing? Ya ever think of that? Well, it's way strange.

Secondly, I can see how one can grow perturbed with the vocal stylings of one William Corgan. But, at the same time, is it possible for any ya'll to acknowledge that his vocal phrasing is absolutely brilliant and amongst the most original ever conceived? Can ya do both, dislike it and acknowledge it's genius?

If ya think of Corgan's voice as an instrument itself, and ya kinda blur the fact that words are spewing forth from his grotesque piehole, ya can work it out in your mind where ya hear only the notes and the exact manner in which they are being delivered by an instrument which is unique only to him. Ya follow what I'm saying here? The vocal phrasing is what I'm keying in on. Think of his voice as a guitar or piano.

If ya do that with Corgan's voice, ya can't help but to see that what he was doing there at the absolute peak of his craft was absolutely totally brilliant. He was the shiz, mo-fo. His vocal delivery on albums like Gish, Siamese and Mellon Collie was beyond crafty, beyond clever, it was simply - The Shiz...But, at the same time, I think he sounded like a whiny baby who pooped himself. lol.

yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Mar 3 2009, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (J0N @ Mar 3 2009, 01:51 PM)

I seem to be the only one that finds her voice painfully annoying  comp26.gif  bolt.gif

No you're not - Good choice! +1 Completely forgot about her...

Add one more to the list. It's like listening to a cat being fed through a mangle.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Mar 4 2009, 06:23 AM)
yes.gif trink39.gif

You know what I'm saying there, bro, right? I'm not just spatin' forth some pseudo-intellectual drivel. There's meaning and truth there. I've noticed that it's these cats with the really super-distinctive vocal phrasing who many listeners find to be really annoying. Ya got Bill Corgan, ya also got Jonathan Davis of Korn, Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull...Who else? Who else has a very unique, distinctive manner in which they deliver a melody? Oh, Bjork too. These are all artists that you either love or hate. There doesn't seem to be too much in between. Who else would fit this bill? I think Chris Cornell to some extent. If you listen to the first Audioslave outing it's evident there.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Mar 4 2009, 02:48 AM)

I think he sounded like a whiny baby who pooped himself.

that about sums up what i can not stand about the man . whiny sack -o - crap

1022.gif

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Mar 4 2009, 03:00 AM)
You eva have the privilege of hearing Steve Howe of YES sing? Listen to his first solo venture, Beginnings. Oh, lordy. Someone made the mistake of holding back the bad news that this guy's voice was just made to maim...and leave one in abject misery. No joke, bloke. This is one bad voice. Thankfully, his skillz behind the six strings more than make up for the sour notes that emit from his piehole. Funny thing is that I've often seen a working mic in front of his setup on stage with YES. I don't know if they just tell him that it's on, or whether it's way down in the mix. But, they actually give the guy a mic. Listen to Beginnings and have a chuckle, on Steve.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Mar 4 2009, 01:48 AM)

cool10.gif

Wow, the differences of opinion on this topic are really interesting.. and yes, most people I know would speak up and mention Ged first on this topic, pretty funny since he's one of my absolute favorites..

A few comments..

Someone mentioned Michael Sweet, the singer for Stryper - He's got a great voice, saw him this past summer and was very good.

Cobain - I don't even call him a singer - hate everything about him.

Klaus - he's got a great voice, love his work.

Layne Staley - that voice takes some time, took a few listens but really liked Alice in Chains.

Tom Petty - another unconventional voice like our beloved Ged. He's not for everybody, but I love him. He makes some of the best summertime/driving music!

I really dislike Neil Young and Bob Dylan.. songwriters, not singers.

Oh yeah, Jackyl - I remember them and their chain saw solo.. he wasn't the best.

Those are my thoughts/opinions. smile.gif