Do you still keep in contact with friends from...

Padfoot

POLL-ISH-THING! :) (Sorry about the title, haha. D:)

So, I won't give too much background info I suppose, but as I'm

sure people know, I'm still in high school. And everyone, as we know,

has high school problems. And I've practically been all over the

place this year, with my friends being with me, to them abandoning

me and such...And I just put up with it sometimes becuase I just think

something like, "one day I won't talk to them anyway". So, question for

you all:

Do any of you keep in contact with anyone you knew in highschool?

I was going to make an actuall poll but I think there could be too many

different opinions from you all. :) We'll see.

Thank you!

I still live in the same area as when I was in high school, but I went to a private Catholic school and was quite an outsider there, so I don't have too many real friends from those days. no.gif

I see them occassionally, but barely ever strike up conversations. no.gif

Over here in Britain the school system is different and you leave "high school" at 16 and then have the option to go onto college while 18(+) and then university.

When I left school for college some of my closest friends from school were going with me to college whereas others went to other colleges and one quit education completely for a job. Now this is more recently than someone people and the ones I wanted to keep in touch with, if for nothing else than a quick "How are you?" from time to time I had the internet and MSN Messenger - it's even easier now with stuff like Facebook and MySpace.

So yeah there are at least 10 people I sometimes talk to via the internet I know from high school. 3 I still keep very close with and see often in real life and one of those I've known from being 4 years old!!!

Just one and that's through facebook only since we're geographically half a planet away. I've known him since I was 6 and we've always been on the same 'wavelength'. Folks like that are rare so I doubt I'll ever lose contact with him. We still rip on each other about things from 'the good old days and talk about movies, American football & tennis. In many ways we haven't changed...we're just fatter and hairy. laugh.gif

I never really fit in during high school, except oddly enough during my last year or so when I got into drugs. Suddenly I had "a crowd". Not long after leaving HS though, I quit drugs and rapidly learned that hanging out with people doing drugs all the time while working to stay away from them didn't work well at all. no.gif

Consequently, I have only 2 or 3 people from HS I still keep in touch with. I think it's really funny when people talk about high school as being their glory days somehow. For me they were mostly pretty miserable years and best forgotten. My life has gotten better and better ever since...

I didn't fit in either and I really couldn't stand anyone I went to school with. Luckily I have never really bumped into any of them either. I know it doesn't seem like it while your in school but the people you meet there will most likely be inconsequential to you shortly after you leave.

I keep in close touch with one (actually the one that helped get me really into Rush) and one or 2 others on occasion. I live some 600 miles from where I grew up so the opportunities aren't there.

The couple I actually gave a rats ass about and that had a similar view to me I guess. But mostly no. My dad sent me to a Christian high school (I'm atheist) because I was going to 'have sex and do drugs' if I went to the public high school... even though I had done that already. So, I was not very fond of my classmates... that is why one of the reasons I don't have facebook or myspace, I don't want to hear from these randoms from high school that'll preach to me.

None of em liked me anyway, treated me like shite. I've never done anything since to show em up either sad.gif Which is the bigger loser unsure.gif trink36.gif

No. It's been 20 years now and I don't see any of them. I kept in touch for awhile with some friends, but they eventually got married and the we lost touch.

I had my 20 year reunion last October and I had a great time. I hung with people that I didn't even know in school, including our valedictorian as well as others. After I left the reunion, it was back to reality and still don't ever see them.

There's only one that I wish I'd been able to keep in touch with from HS.

I was always the weird outsider, the one that got teased and picked on, the target of many cruel jokes.

There was one girl who saw past all my surface insecurities, and she was the one that drew me out of my shell.

After that, I developed a couple of friendships, though not many. And none as strong or as close as the friendship with her.

We kept in touch for a while after HS, but when I moved... I lost her address.

I still miss her so much.

Love you, my Angel-Friend, wherever you are!!!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 6 2008, 01:24 AM)
I think it's really funny when people talk about high school as being their glory days somehow.  For me they were mostly pretty miserable years and best forgotten.  My life has gotten better and better ever since...

yes.gif

I f I never see anyone again from Secondary School ( as we call it in the UK) it will be too soon.....

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 6 2008, 02:11 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 6 2008, 01:24 AM)
I think it's really funny when people talk about high school as being their glory days somehow.  For me they were mostly pretty miserable years and best forgotten.  My life has gotten better and better ever since...

yes.gif

I f I never see anyone again from Secondary School ( as we call it in the UK) it will be too soon.....

Glory days are from grammar school! High school is nothing!

your friends are the ones you first met when you were a child going out after school and playing games with...

maybe i'm not wrong!

I only talk to 1 or 2 from highschool...the rest were all assholes to me...

High school friends, if they are really loyal to you, them keep em. but....most go on with their lives and you with yours and both of you are forgotten.

yes.gif i do!!

and a few of them are members on this board!

common001.gif

there are a select few that i still keep in touch with,and hang out with even after all these years.

i'm not that far from the HS i went to, so it's not uncommon at all for me to run into people i went to HS with, but was never friends with then, and not friends now.

just old acquaintances.

Archived