I HATED that movie!

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 5 2007, 11:34 AM)
OH OH OH OH!

*jumps up and down waving his hand*

I was just discussing global warming with someone during a coffee break and I remember one REAL ROTTEN movie. So cheesy and cliche it almost made me sick to my stomach.

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0319262/

Now with this genre of global disaster / catastrophy movies we all learned to expect fairly decent special effects and pretty lame storyline and acting but this one really took the cake. Started off good enough with the whole "environment is acting up" science stuff and then some of the initial disasters... but after that... aye aye aye. Some of the situations and characters and ensuing events was just soooo terrible to watch. Oh! Billions of people must just have died, but instead lets talk about a terrible actor snowshoeing in minus a trillion degrees across North America to save his brainiac son who is staying alive by sealing the New York library shut and burning all the ancient books there to stay alive. Then at the last minute the planet just turns ok again and the movie ends.

I was going to insert the TRF pukey icon here - but that would be doing the pukey icon severe injustice.

I have so effectively blocked this movie out of my consciousness, that while I know I saw it, I barely remember it at all.

I'm sure you're right about how bad it is, but I honestly don't know! I have a vague memory of it being really lame though... unsure.gif

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 5 2007, 03:32 PM)
Two comedies from recent years that I thought were particularly atrocious and vomitous:

Mr. Deeds 062802puke_prv.gif

Dodgeball 062802puke_prv.gif

I think Dodgeball is okay, but very far from great.

Mr. Deeds, on the other hand, is awful. I've had all I can take of Adam Sandler's schtick.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 5 2007, 12:43 PM)
Two comedies from recent years that I thought were particularly atrocious and vomitous:

Mr. Deeds 062802puke_prv.gif

I think Dodgeball is okay, but very far from great.

Mr. Deeds, on the other hand, is awful. I've had all I can take of Adam Sandler's schtick.

I don't mind Adam Sandler at all, just really bad movies, and Mr. Deeds was astoundingly bad. yes.gif

Dodgeball had Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughan, whom I usually really love, but this movie I just thought was amazingly stupid. Then again, some people feel that way about Zoolander which I think is ridiculously hilarious, so go figure! confused13.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 5 2007, 02:34 PM)
OH OH OH OH!

I was just discussing global warming with someone during a coffee break and I remember one REAL ROTTEN movie. So cheesy and cliche it almost made me sick to my stomach.

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

Now with this genre of global disaster / catastrophy movies we all learned to expect fairly decent special effects and pretty lame storyline and acting but this one really took the cake. Started off good enough with the whole "environment is acting up" science stuff and then some of the initial disasters... but after that... aye aye aye. Some of the situations and characters and ensuing events was just soooo terrible to watch. Oh! Billions of people must just have died, but instead lets talk about a terrible actor snowshoeing in minus a trillion degrees across North America to save his brainiac son who is staying alive by sealing the New York library shut and burning all the ancient books there to stay alive. Then at the last minute the planet just turns ok again and the movie ends.

I was going to insert the TRF pukey icon here - but that would be doing the pukey icon severe injustice.

Yes it was unrealistic but I actually liked it. For one, it had Emmy Rossum in it. I liked the reversal in the movie that had Americans trying to gain entry into Mexico which is thought provoking. It's only a matter of time before the tables are turned on any world power.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 5 2007, 09:44 PM)
OH OH OH OH!

I was just discussing global warming with someone during a coffee break and I remember one REAL ROTTEN movie.  So cheesy and cliche it almost made me sick to my stomach.

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

Now with this genre of global disaster / catastrophy movies we all learned to expect fairly decent special effects and pretty lame storyline and acting but this one really took the cake.  Started off good enough with the whole "environment is acting up" science stuff and then some of the initial disasters... but after that... aye aye aye.  Some of the situations and characters and ensuing events was just soooo terrible to watch. Oh!  Billions of people must just have died, but instead lets talk about a terrible actor snowshoeing in minus a trillion degrees across North America to save his brainiac son who is staying alive by sealing the New York library shut and burning all the ancient books there to stay alive.  Then at the last minute the planet just turns ok again and the movie ends.

Yes it was unrealistic but I actually liked it. For one, it had Emmy Rossum in it. I liked the reversal in the movie that had Americans trying to gain entry into Mexico which is thought provoking. It's only a matter of time before the tables are turned on any world power.

Thought provoking? Propaganda is more like it.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 5 2007, 10:04 PM)
OH OH OH OH!

I was just discussing global warming with someone during a coffee break and I remember one REAL ROTTEN movie.  So cheesy and cliche it almost made me sick to my stomach.

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

Now with this genre of global disaster / catastrophy movies we all learned to expect fairly decent special effects and pretty lame storyline and acting but this one really took the cake.  Started off good enough with the whole "environment is acting up" science stuff and then some of the initial disasters... but after that... aye aye aye.  Some of the situations and characters and ensuing events was just soooo terrible to watch. Oh!  Billions of people must just have died, but instead lets talk about a terrible actor snowshoeing in minus a trillion degrees across North America to save his brainiac son who is staying alive by sealing the New York library shut and burning all the ancient books there to stay alive.  Then at the last minute the planet just turns ok again and the movie ends.

"The West Wing" with weather instead of politics. I found it interesting and entertaining because it was absurd.

OH OH OH OH!

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

Thought provoking regarding the possibility that sometime in the (possibly) near future the U.S. may not be a global power and will have to take on a new role in the world. Not thought provoking regarding any of the alleged science in the movie.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 5 2007, 10:19 PM)
OH OH OH OH!

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

Thought provoking regarding the possibility that sometime in the (possibly) near future the U.S. may not be a global power and will have to take on a new role in the world. Not thought provoking regarding any of the alleged science in the movie.

Like the possibility of a North American Union! The globalist agenda uniting Canada, the United States and Mexico!

The Amero is right around the corner! laugh.gif

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 5 2007, 10:25 PM)
OH OH OH OH!

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

Like the possibility of a North American Union! The globalist agenda uniting Canada, the United States and Mexico!

laugh.gif

Not THAT thought-provoking....

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 5 2007, 10:39 PM)
OH OH OH OH!

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 24 2007, 07:57 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 23 2007, 05:00 PM)

I suppose it was a great horror movie... if you love bad acting, and are deathly afraid of leaves.

And don't forget horrible camera work and cinematography and direction.

Uh, you do realize the movie was shot as if it was filmed by students/amateurs? What'd you expect, Lawrence Of Arabia? And I'd like to see you and the other poster's reactions if you were both lost in the woods in almost complete darkness with strange sounds/happenings at night. Especially if you were in an area known for strange happenings. Obviously you guys didn't buy into the 'inner logic' of the movie which, as far as I remember, was air tight.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Oct 7 2007, 08:57 PM)
And I'd like to see you and the other poster's reactions if you were both lost in the woods in almost complete darkness with strange sounds/happenings at night. Especially if you were in an area known for strange happenings.

I'd make sure I videotape everything. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Oct 8 2007, 09:57 AM)

I suppose it was a great horror movie... if you love bad acting, and are deathly afraid of leaves.

Uh, you do realize the movie was shot as if it was filmed by students/amateurs? What'd you expect, Lawrence Of Arabia? And I'd like to see you and the other poster's reactions if you were both lost in the woods in almost complete darkness with strange sounds/happenings at night. Especially if you were in an area known for strange happenings. Obviously you guys didn't buy into the 'inner logic' of the movie which, as far as I remember, was air tight.

I avoided all ads for that flick and went in not knowing anything about it. I ended up liking it.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Oct 7 2007, 07:57 PM)

Blah blah blah. rage.gif

It still sucked cheese.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 5 2007, 09:57 PM)
OH OH OH OH!

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

regardless of what you think about global warming, the film was awful. In the move Global Warming literally chases the people down a hall, and they slam the door just in time to escape........ z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

I really expected Dodgeball to be a great movie. I saw it for the first time just this year and I knew all the hype. While it wasn't awful, it's nothing I want to buy and watch more than once..

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 8 2007, 10:50 AM)
OH OH OH OH!

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

regardless of what you think about global warming, the film was awful. In the move Global Warming literally chases the people down a hall, and they slam the door just in time to escape........ z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Hemishperic freezing is probably more like it but just as funny.

Don't forget that Emmy Rossum was in it guys.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Oct 9 2007, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 8 2007, 10:50 AM)
OH OH OH OH!

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

Hemishperic freezing is probably more like it but just as funny.

Don't forget that Emmy Rossum was in it guys.

Oh God! That movie was so bad. It's hillarious how Global Warming is the villian and they make it out to be this big evil thing that chases them down in a hall and like running away from a big scary guy with a knife like in any old slasher flick, they close the door and they are safe. What the hell was that?!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 23 2007, 04:00 PM)
"Blair Witch Project" sucked cheese, and it had such positive underground hype.

Some of my friends were so freaked out when they first saw it. They really believed it was a documentary.

I appreciated the work they did to make it seem legit, and can see how it would be scary if you believed it. All I got was a little seasick.

The "most hated movie" thread inspired me to bump this just in case any of you really felt like ranting a bit more! laugh.gif

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was complete bollocks for leaving some really good scenes from the book.

Other than that, a couple of Roger Moore Bond films, The Matrix trilogy and there was a Peter Pan movie about 4 years ago that sent me to sleep.

I only watch movies I know I'll like now.