I HATED that movie!

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (jendrisc @ Sep 1 2007, 09:44 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 1 2007, 05:03 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2007, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 31 2007, 10:39 PM)
It's not even close to being the worst of all time BUT I think THE MATRIX  series is the most overrated thing out there.  I only saw the first 2 so I can't comment on the 3rd.  But I fell asleep in both because I thought they were that boring.  Sure, Keanu Reeves can look cool but it's still Keanu Reeves being the crappy actor that he is.

Well, you're obviously not doing it right. Because, I can watch that shit all day until I die!

Don't get me wrong 'cuz that's some good sleep there. And I could always use a power nap

The first Matrix movie was really good. Then, somewhere, it tried to have a message and started sucking huge ass...

goodpost.gif

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 1 2007, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 31 2007, 07:36 PM)
That high school musical crap.  Music is TERRIBLE...I don't understand how so much people in my generaion can get into this!  Disney Channel is shoving all junk down people's throats. angry.gif

I would assume your not a 7 year old girl. I think my daughter has a much different view of it. atickhum.gif

goodpost.gif

My daughter eats that up. Although she thinks 1 was better than 2. She's learning the downside of sequels. LOL

rofl3.gif

I usually don't bother with comedies or the formulaic stuff that Hollywood has been churning out for the last 10 years. I try to see movies that I heard good things about, but there is one that I could not stand to watch until the end, and that is the only time that ever happened to me: "Eraserhead".

I like David Lynch's work, and I heard good things about that one (the guys in Rush are fans of it, apparently they watched and discussed it during the MP sessions, and even had a poster of it on Le Studio wall), but I simply could not make heads or tails of any of it, and it simply became too pointlessly disturbing to even try to finish watching it.

Ok, I know I've posted this elsewhere, but my most hated movie ever was Edward Scissorhands.

I know some people LOVE this movie, but for me it's a total 062802puke_prv.gif fest.

I saw in the theater when it came out. My sister and her best friend were next to me and they loved it. They were even crying! eyesre4.gif

For me it broke two of my most hated aspects of movies:

1. Emotional manipulation. I don't mind being touched or moved in a movie at all, I just hate when the director beats you over the head with a hammer to try and get you to emote (see the last 1/4 of E.T.).

2. Horrendously stupid and wildly unrealistic characters. This just drives me nuts.

So that's what Edward Scissorhands was for me. Horrendously stupid characters and extreme emotional manipulation to try and elicit sympathy over a completely pathetic main character. There was just no one to like in any way in this movie. One more to throw in the trash heap of crappy Tim Burton films...

That high school musical crap.  Music is TERRIBLE...I don't understand how so much people in my generaion can get into this!  Disney Channel is shoving all junk down people's throats. angry.gif

I would assume your not a 7 year old girl. I think my daughter has a much different view of it. atickhum.gif

So do my thirteen year olds. I watched it with them and appreciated the family aspect of it. Would I watch it by myself... probably not, but it was a fun movie to watch with the kids. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 1 2007, 10:17 AM)

So do my thirteen year olds. I watched it with them and appreciated the family aspect of it. Would I watch it by myself... probably not, but it was a fun movie to watch with the kids. yes.gif

Exactly why Im off to see Mr. Bean today smile.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 1 2007, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 1 2007, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 31 2007, 03:21 PM)
OK, I fraggin' loathed 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'. I found it to be puerile, inane, and downright silly and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. To be fair, I did like the "Time Warp" song, but that's about it. Also, the stuff the audience yells at the movie can be funny at times, but isn't really all that great.

I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show once in the theater many years ago. I'd heard some people rave about the experience so I finally broke down and saw a midnight show or something.

Seeing it for the first time, I found all the extraneous stuff people did in the theater to be really distracting. I actually wanted to "see the movie" and it was hard to hear sometimes when people kept yelling things. I really didn't get into the spirit of the occasion at all.

Basically, it's (IMHO), a horrible, horrible movie. I couldn't even appreciate the kitsch value or cult value of the film. It didn't even fall into the "it's so bad, it's good" category for me. I saw part of it once on tv years later and I could only sit through like 10 minutes of it before I had to turn it off.

Sorry for the people here who love this flick, but I gotta go with Jack on this one. I really don't know what the craziness is about such a bad movie. no.gif

I only watched the first couple minutes of it, but I gotta say, Susan Sarandon looked pretty hot.

This is one of those movies that is more of an experience than just a movie. As a high-school student, going to this show with a group of friends and essentially going crazy was a huge rush. Learning all of the lines and adding our own very x-rated lines while being encouraged to trash the theater was exactly what a 16 year old is all about. On top of that there was the opportunity to re-enact some sexually charged scenes with girls we barely knew. What more could you ask for? Now, watching it on tv would not be fun and I can see how an adult showing up to the theater could have a hard time getting into this. You want to see an awful movie? The "sequel" to Rocky was called Shock Treatment and was co-written by the actor that played Riff-Raff. We went to see this and it was brutal watching Rocky fans trying to yell stuff at the screen. The movie was awful and you can't recreate magic on purpose. It happens or it doesn't happen.

Oh boy, I get to tread on people's favourites!! biggrin.gif

Heavy Metal - Was there a POINT to this waste of film? Would it work better if it were called "SCTV in space"? Is there a place where I can negotiate for the return of lost movie watching time? I went into this movie with huge expectations, based on what I've heard (some of it on this very board!) and my own personal expectations. I went in expecting things like plot, characters, good dialogue and the rest. I didn't expect this movie to be perfect, but I expected them to introduce at least ONE of the above three. Nope, not here. Try another movie. I'd rather watch Street Fighter or even Super Mario Bros. again than to witness the awfulness that is Heavy Metal. If a green glowing marble ever wants to tell me a story after destroying my house, I'll shoot it first.

Field of Dreams - If you watch it, it will suck. *yawn*

Napoleon Dynamite - I agree with the other posters of the "younger" generation who dislike this flick. I tried watching 30 minutes of it, did not even chuckle once.

The Matrix: Reloaded - Another movie that fails in plot and character development areas. But really, even the action sequences are kinda lame. I'm just more a fan of realistic action scenes, though, the sort that Bruce Lee made. After watching this, I realized that I did NOT want to pay money to see...

The Matrix: Revolutions - ugh. Just, ugh

Can't think of any more at this time. I'd complain about the shortcomings of the Harry Potter movies, but that would be too easy.

QUOTE (Slime @ Sep 2 2007, 05:11 PM)

Heavy Metal - Was there a POINT to this waste of film? Would it work better if it were called "SCTV in space"? Is there a place where I can negotiate for the return of lost movie watching time? I went into this movie with huge expectations, based on what I've heard (some of it on this very board!) and my own personal expectations. I went in expecting things like plot, characters, good dialogue and the rest. I didn't expect this movie to be perfect, but I expected them to introduce at least ONE of the above three. Nope, not here. Try another movie. I'd rather watch Street Fighter or even Super Mario Bros. again than to witness the awfulness that is Heavy Metal. If a green glowing marble ever wants to tell me a story after destroying my house, I'll shoot it first.

Napoleon Dynamite - I agree with the other posters of the "younger" generation who dislike this flick. I tried watching 30 minutes of it, did not even chuckle once.

The Matrix: Reloaded - Another movie that fails in plot and character development areas. But really, even the action sequences are kinda lame. I'm just more a fan of realistic action scenes, though, the sort that Bruce Lee made. After watching this, I realized that I did NOT want to pay money to see...

Can't think of any more at this time. I'd complain about the shortcomings of the Harry Potter movies, but that would be too easy.

ok,

Heavy Metal is a little hard to watch now for me primarily because of the inundation of drug references in the movie. Why did we love it when it was released? Nothing like this had ever been released before. We barely had video games. It was like a lot of the books we liked had been brought to the screen so there is a certin amount of reverence that my generation gives this movie that I understand that others may not get.

I don't mind Field of Dreams.

I think Napoleon Dynamite is funny and I love to watch it.

The first Matrix was a real mind f**K the first time I saw it so I like it. the other two I just don't get. They could have found people who hated this first movie that could have written a better script.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Sep 2 2007, 03:35 PM)

Heavy Metal is a little hard to watch now for me primarily because of the inundation of drug references in the movie. Why did we love it when it was released? Nothing like this had ever been released before. We barely had video games. It was like a lot of the books we liked had been brought to the screen so there is a certin amount of reverence that my generation gives this movie that I understand that others may not get.

I don't mind Field of Dreams.
I think Napoleon Dynamite is funny and I love to watch it.
The first Matrix was a real mind f**K the first time I saw it so I like it. the other two I just don't get. They could have found people who hated this first movie that could have written a better script.

That pretty much sums it up for me, except the drug references don't bother me at all.

QUOTE (Slime @ Sep 2 2007, 02:11 PM)

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Field of Dreams = wub.gif

Maybe if the movie was about hockey you would have appreciated it for the brilliant film it was. wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 2 2007, 06:36 PM)

Maybe if the movie was about hockey you would have appreciated it for the brilliant film it was. wink.gif tongue.gif

But GOD FORBID someone disagrees with anything YOU like or dislike eh?

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 2 2007, 07:44 PM)

Please stop this.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 2 2007, 09:41 PM)
Everything the Coen Brothers have ever done.  With the possible semi-exception of The Big Lebowski, but only for sentimental reasons.

Coen Brothers?

"Oh Brother Where Art Thou?"

"The Ladykillers"

Two very funny films right there.

What films do I hate?

-All Jean Claude VanDamme films.

-Pretty Woman

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Sep 1 2007, 01:45 AM)
As a sophomore in high school, I can easily tell you what the two most overrated movies are of this generation:

Napolean Dynamite
High School Musical 1&2

Wow, High School Musical overrated?

I didn't think anybody even liked that movie in the first place! laugh.gif I think, if anything, it's just an abyss of low quality.

I still like Napoleon Dynamite, though... I'm easily amused. biggrin.gif

Heavy Metal just felt like a collection of several short films, all of which sucked. How can I sum up what I remember of that movie?

Story 1: Taxi driver kills would be robber, meets girl trying to avoid other robbers, bangs her, kills would be robbers and kills girl.

Story 2: Guy on trial (in space!). Monster kicks some ass, guy turns out to be behind it all. Slime not impressed with one joke sequence.

Story 3: Airplane crashes. Pilot given severe mindf*** of zombie nature.

Story 4: Alien gets it on with chick...after a few minutes of uninspiring and lame dialogue.

Story 5 (finale): Apparent heroine of story given no speaking lines. Her importance is also not given, nor is any reason why some nation of people is getting its ass handed to it. Oh well.

Finale: Green marble changes little girl into hero, reason not given.

If I'm wrong, I'm still not watching it again. It was just THAT horrible. Nostalgia be damned, I want a coherent movie.

And I'm pretty sure Rink of Dreams would also suck as a movie. tongue.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 2 2007, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 2 2007, 07:44 PM)

Please stop this.

Yeah... i will. Cuz i'm sure you're SICK of being pm'ed about trivial shit like this.

I'll just sit back as he rags on everyone else and gets free reign to bust on everything everyone else likes cuz he'll cry to the principals every time.

So let me guess... anything I say, that HE doesn't like... i'm gonna get pm'ed about? Wow... i better stop saying how much I like Vapor Trails, or how i think Smurfs and wookies are totally stupid.

Geez... i can say these things to a ten year old and they would just laugh it off. I get TOLD on repeatedly. I'm sooooooooooo bad. Sowwy.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 2 2007, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 2 2007, 09:41 PM)
Everything the Coen Brothers have ever done.  With the possible semi-exception of The Big Lebowski, but only for sentimental reasons.

unsure.gif

goodpost.gif

062802puke_prv.gif The last "Scary Movie". no.gif

Possibly the worst movie ever made. They should have only done the first one (which I think has it's parts).

I walked out of that theatre thinking that I should have watched the chick flick next door, and that is saying alot. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif