Vick - class act!

lerxt1990

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jul 18 2007, 06:46 PM)
I find all such blood sports to be appalling and reprehensible. The enjoyment of cruelty is as bad a trait as man possesses. The very worst part that I've heard so far, is that in the indictment it's charged that dogs were killed in such bizarre and sadistic ways as hanging, electrocution and beatings. Now I have no problem putting and animal down when it's necessary, but the days of needing hunting dogs for survival is long past, and this is nothing less than psychopathic behavior.

goodpost.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 19 2007, 11:24 AM)
I know people who have had pit bulls, and they say if you don't train them to fight, they are very loving dogs.

Just like people, dogs can be a product of their environment. Those who subject the dogs to that environment are the ones that should be eliminated.

I couldn't agree more, but with this caveat. A few members of the breeds that have been bred for violence (pit bulls, Rottweilers and the police dog version of the German shepherd 'Alsatian') will retain the aggressive genes and should not be allowed around young children. We've all heard the horror stories. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to know if your dog has such a tendency until it's become violent. It's also very difficult to know how many generations of non selective breeding it would take to completely remove such a trait, if possible. Remember, we're talking about selectively bred wolves. Also, being in pairs or more seems to increase the likely hood of attack with these dogs. The bottom line for me is, if you've got young kids and want a big dog, get a Lab, Golden or a Great Pyrenees that's bred to be VERY tolerant and have a beta personality. My .10

Some fast facts about Michael Vick and the Case of the Bad Newz Kennels:

1. Vick's cousin was the one that turned him in. Michael was going to let his cousin and other family members take the fall for this entire situation, angering several.

2. Vick is originally from Hampton Roads, VA, which is not exactly the big city. It's a largely ghetto area near Newport News, VA, which I hear is also not very savory these days.

3. Prior to this incident, there were a few others: the water-bottle incident at the airport in Miami, the picture of him holding a blunt in a limo that appeared in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the finger flip-off incident, and the missed appearance before Congress.

4. The NFL did not suspend Vick, although the Atlanta Falcons might.

5. Upon conviction, his career could be in serious jeapoardy.

ESPN and WSB-TV Atlanta are now reporting that Vick may not play for the Falcons this season...by his own choosing. Vick is reportedly considering taking off from football until his legal problems are over.

QUOTE (biggoodie @ Jul 20 2007, 10:31 PM)
ESPN and WSB-TV Atlanta are now reporting that Vick may not play for the Falcons this season...by his own choosing. Vick is reportedly considering taking off from football until his legal problems are over.

I read today that Vick was fighting a "paid time off" arrangement. It seem now (above) thats water under the bridge.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vick never plays another down in the NFL. Michael is currently 27. If he goes to prison in the next 9 months, and then serves 5 years, that would have him coming out at the age of 33. Who is going to want a 33 year old ex felon on their team. Plus, with the NFLs new "lets get tough on crime" policy, we may even see Vick get a life time ban from the NFL.

Goodell:

"due process is a constitutional right for the accused, not a privilege accorded to those with a ROSTER SPOT, while it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football league to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy."

My God why can't the NHL,NBA,MLB find commissioners like Goodell. As another reporter said: Selig would have conducted a year long Blue Ribbon investigation into the history of dog fighting before he would take action action Vick-

trink39.gif Goodell

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jul 24 2007, 08:32 AM)
Goodell:
"due process is a constitutional right for the accused, not a privilege accorded to those with a ROSTER SPOT,  while it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football league to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy."

My God why can't the NHL,NBA,MLB find commissioners like Goodell.  As another reporter said: Selig would have conducted a year long Blue Ribbon investigation into the history of dog fighting before he would take action action Vick-

trink39.gif  Goodell

goodpost.gif Goodell is definitely starting out on the right foot.

One difference between the NFL and MLB is the strength of the players union. In the NFL, the players union is weak when compared to the power that the commissioner has. It is very different in MLB, where Donald Fehr and the player's union has a ton of power.

That said, I still think Selig has been a puss when going up against the players union, and Goodell is certainly showing everyone that he has a pair.

Here's an obvious statement:

Vick failed to consider the consequences of his ill-advised actions. He must now take responsibility.

That's all I got.

That's a good point ILSNOWDOG...and the reason you dont see David Stern getting as tough with NBA Players is because basically 3/4 of the league would probably be suspended at any given time and no league would be left if Stern took the same No Tolerance approach with those clowns that Goodall has taken in his league.

A "Personal Conduct" policy in the NBA would be borderline comical

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 24 2007, 02:29 PM)
That's a good point ILSNOWDOG...and the reason you dont see David Stern getting as tough with NBA Players is because basically 3/4 of the league would probably be suspended at any given time and no league would be left if Stern took the same No Tolerance approach with those clowns that Goodall has taken in his league.

The NBA was scheduled to play an All Star game in New Orleans, but after all of the chaos of having it in Las Vegas, they are trying to move the venue, but I have a feeling that the guys from the NBA could even find trouble in Salt Lake City!

Pretty sad when you can't even police the members of your league. And it will be like that until Hip Hop and the thug mentality is gone. That is why I can't watch the NBA. There are not enough Tim Duncans.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 24 2007, 04:11 PM)

The NBA was scheduled to play an All Star game in New Orleans, but after all of the chaos of having it in Las Vegas, they are trying to move the venue, but I have a feeling that the guys from the NBA could even find trouble in Salt Lake City!

Pretty sad when you can't even police the members of your league. And it will be like that until Hip Hop and the thug mentality is gone. That is why I can't watch the NBA. There are not enough Tim Duncans.

I'm lucky that the Mavs are a bunch of good guys. No problems with our players. Except for the choking of course. unsure.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 24 2007, 04:11 PM)

I think that thug/hip-hop stereotype is way overblown. There have always been bad apples in pro sports. That stereotype is just a bit too convenient for some people when trying to find fault with the NBA. And what's so great about Tim Duncan? He whines every time the whistle is blown against him (I know, I'm a Suns fan, can't help saying that). The game is not as good today, but that's because kids aren't being taught the game at the college level like before. MLB has a minor league system that teaches kids the game, and college baseball is not tainted by the corruption brought on by big money that is ingrained in college basketball and football. And I am going to defend the MLB players union, also. Baseball has a free market for players' services for the most part, with the obvious exception being players who have been in the league less than three years. Players get paid a prevailng market value. In the NBA and the NFL, the owners have successfully colluded to keep salaries lower. Reinsdorf only wishes that MLB could operate that way, too.

Vicks up a creek with a very termite infested, wood rotted paddle - His co-defendant just cut a deal and said Vick Bankrolled the entire thing - I guess Vick didn't offer him enough money - rofl3.gif

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7074186?MSNHPHMA

Edited by alphseeker

Just watched Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, I should say tried to watch.

Hidden camera and video's of dog fights and brainless scum who participate in this hideous crime. Absoutely repulsive and what fuel's my anger more, I get the feeling the whole angle and reason behind this story, Bryan Gumbel and the producers were in a way trying to show that theres worse people involved with this then Vick and everyone is out to crucify him to set a example. Gumbel asked the correspondent who covered story, People who have been arrested for this generally speaking, what was the average punishment? "A fine and two months jail time at the most.

Gosh... I guess they have been a little rough on Mikey Vick.

F*CK YOU GUMBEL !!!! LOCK HIM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY ON THAT LOW LIFE. DON'T GIVE A SH*T ABOUT HIS RUINED CAREER!!!! angry.gif rage.gif bolt.gif

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (softfilter @ Aug 15 2007, 02:36 AM)
People who have been arrested for this generally speaking, what was the average punishment? "A fine and two months jail time at the most.
Gosh... I guess they have been a little rough on Mikey Vick.
F*CK YOU GUMBEL !!!! LOCK HIM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY ON THAT LOW LIFE. DON'T GIVE A SH*T ABOUT HIS RUINED CAREER!!!! angry.gif rage.gif bolt.gif

He now is trying to plea bargain. There is a great possibility he could face over a year of jail time.

We must first see all the evidence, go to trial, and he should be fairly tried. Then let the chips fall where they may fall.

That is what this country is all about.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 24 2007, 12:58 PM)

What Vick did was horrible and disgusting. I believe in an eye for an eye. Vick should be drown, hung, shot, or electrocuted.

...by life long vegans.

Then after they kill vick we can kill the murderous vegans.