So...potential song on this tour!

EmotionDetector

I took this out of the questions from the radio special...

QUESTION:

I have seen the band 25X i have traveled to see them all over. I just want to let the band know the many of us fans feel that they overlook GREAT songs such as jacobs ladder, the camera eye (EVEN PART OF THIS SONG WOULD BE GREAT!), digital man, red lenses, cut to the chase/how it is-never played, Beneath between and behind, entre nous, cygnus x-1 book 2

ANSWER:

Alex and Geddy haven't confirmed the set list but do acknowledge there's a chance you'll hear a song you've hoped for.

So...if it ends up being one of the songs listed, which one do you think it is??

I would hope for Entre Nous out of those choices.

Boy oh boy oh boy.

Two of those are especially tantalizing to me - those being Entre Nous and Jacob's Ladder.

As much as I adore Camera Eye it is somewhat of a long and repetitive song to play live is it not? Think of two shorter length songs that could go in its place.

:c]

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 17 2007, 04:06 PM)
Boy oh boy oh boy.

Two of those are especially tantalizing to me - those being Entre Nous and Jacob's Ladder.

As much as I adore Camera Eye it is somewhat of a long and repetitive song to play live is it not? Think of two shorter length songs that could go in its place.

:c]

They could do like they did with Natural Science, and tastefully trim a couple of minutes from TCE, maybe by eliminating one verse?

I would love to see it, but based on past comments from the band, I don't think we'll hear it.

For some reason, I feel that Jacobs Ladder might be coming out of the vault this tour 1022.gif

I've been touting Entre Nous as a potential post-drum solo piece for over a year.

Hopefully I'll get to scream "told you so" at the top of my voice later this year.

Of the other titles mentioned, Digital Man and Jacob's Ladder float my boat big time.

I'm still DYING to see The Camera Eye! Last tour (and every tour) they commented that TCE was the most requested jam, and Rush always says that they try it in rehearsal and it doesn't sound good to them, so it's never in the show.

Since Natural Science came out of hiding on recent tours, I wouldn't be surprised to hear Jacob's Ladder

QUOTE (Blakean99 @ Apr 18 2007, 11:19 AM)
I think I remember reading that they played Cut to the Chase once or twice on the Counterparts tour before quickly dropping it.

Cut To the Chase and Alien Shore were rumored to have been rehearsed for the Counterparts tour but was never played live.

Distant Early Warning was also going to be in the encore after Force Ten but failed to appear for whatever reason.

Well...I've been thinking this for awhile.

I'm officially going out on a limb.

Rush WILL INDEED be playing...THE CAMERA EYE

Yep...I said it. I think that they've shot it down so badly over the last two tours, and convinced everyone that we'll never see it live.

Yet, inside, they've all realized that this song continuously wins the votes from fans...and that virtually every Rush fan in the world wants to see it.

They've got us all convinced that it can't happen...but I imagine that the shock value will be through the roof should the opening keys start playing!! ohmy.gif

Time will tell...

Archived