What bands' whole catalogues do you own?

Finbar

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 21 2006, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (fritz44 @ Nov 19 2006, 01:57 AM)
I'm considering getting rid of my vinyl (pure clutter, never listen to it)

Shit, what do you have? You should hook me up!

I second that! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 16 2006, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (Phoenix @ Nov 15 2006, 11:02 PM)
Jean Michelle Jarre - Studio on CD

ohmy.gif

I don't have everything he ever did, but I have several albums by him. How are his last 2 or 3? How doo they compare with Zoolook, Rendezvous, Les Chants Magnetiques and En Attendant Cousteau?

Heya, sorry for the delay here.

Well to be honest, I bought all his studio hoping that I would like as much as I loved his early stuff.

I can't compare his lastest releases, cause I don't listen to them enough to give a answer to that question.

Sorry that I am no help here, but also a kick to my ass to give another chance to the newer ones.

Sorry D13 and Puppetking 2112, I've never catalogued the vinyl! Basically I stopped buying vinyl before home PC's became the norm.

I know I've got the vinyl of Rush upto GUP, but the first three are part of the Archives set. One thing I do have is the original PW cover.

Why would anyone want vinyl? It is NOT the new black!

QUOTE (fritz44 @ Nov 22 2006, 12:47 PM)
Sorry D13 and Puppetking 2112, I've never catalogued the vinyl! Basically I stopped buying vinyl before home PC's became the norm.

I know I've got the vinyl of Rush upto GUP, but the first three are part of the Archives set. One thing I do have is the original PW cover.

Why would anyone want vinyl? It is NOT the new black!

I like vinyl because I like the way it sounds, and I also like having the artwork being big instead of a little tiny CD booklet. I have quite a few records myself.

Not counting live or reunion albums.

Alice In Chains

Bauhaus

The Beatles

CCR

The Doors

Iron Maiden

Billy Joel

Jimi Hendrix Experience

Judas Priest (Halford Only)

Led Zeppelin

John Lennon

Paul McCartney (No Classical)

Megadeth

Metallica

Nine Inch Nails

Nirvana

Opeth

Pantera

Pink Floyd

Queen

Radiohead

Rage Against The Machine

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rush

Slayer

U2

The Velvet Underground

The Who (Keith Moon only)

Usually my artists are just "debut up to..." or just a chunk of the catalog in the middle.

Edited by YYXanadu

In terms of owned CDs I actually don't have any full catalogs of any bands yet. Pretty sad. I'm very close to finishing Pink Floyd, I still need: Obscured By Clouds, Relics (a compilation, but it has a few early singles on there that I'd like to hear), The Wall Live: 1980/1981, & Delicate Sound Of Thunder. I'm also close to finishing with Rush: I need everything from Presto through Feedback. I'd eventually like to complete my Frank Zappa collection although that will take a few years biggrin.gif There are other bands I will get to in the future.

Ashamed to say I dont own everything by Rush yet sad.gif Missing Presto, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Test for Echo. I check each music store in the city once a week to see if they have got any in.

Other then that...

I own:

The Tragically Hip

The Tea Party

Led Zeppelin

QUOTE (rushengal @ Nov 23 2006, 06:22 PM)
Ashamed to say I dont own everything by Rush yet sad.gif Missing Presto, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Test for Echo. I check each music store in the city once a week to see if they have got any in.

Other then that...
I own:
The Tragically Hip
The Tea Party
Led Zeppelin

Those are my four least favourite Rush albums.

Roll the Bones really sucks.

Do you have Different Stages? It's the live album chronicling that period. Only, they took it one step further, and threw in a disc from the Hemispheres tour (without any songs FROM the Hemispheres album). And, during the Test for Echo tour, Rush actually played 2112 in its entirety. And it's on there! Get Different Stages!

QUOTE (Finbar @ Nov 24 2006, 03:07 AM)
QUOTE (rushengal @ Nov 23 2006, 06:22 PM)

Other then that...
I own:
The Tragically Hip
The Tea Party
Led Zeppelin

Those are my four least favourite Rush albums.

Roll the Bones really sucks.

Do you have Different Stages? It's the live album chronicling that period. Only, they took it one step further, and threw in a disc from the Hemispheres tour (without any songs FROM the Hemispheres album). And, during the Test for Echo tour, Rush actually played 2112 in its entirety. And it's on there! Get Different Stages!

Yep... Own Different Stages.

I own every official release beginning with RUSH and ending with RUSH x3... just not those 4 mentioned.

QUOTE (rushengal @ Nov 23 2006, 03:22 PM)

Other then that...
I own:
The Tragically Hip
The Tea Party
Led Zeppelin

The only essential Rush album in that list is Counterparts anyway, so you're not missing too much, although it's nice to have it all.

I have two complete catalogues: Rush & AC/DC. Other than that, I have a lot of work to do.

Although, I do have the complete works of Stephen King, but that information technically belongs in a different sub-forum.

smile.gif firedevil.gif smile.gif

Erm

Thrice

Lacuna Coil

Nightwish

Rush

ABBA

The Beatles

Bon Jovi

Bruce Springsteen

The Julian Theory

Jimmy Eat World

Idlewild

Foreigner

Toto

Alter Bridge

Tremonti

And a tonne of others...

• Like 1

Limiting this to bands with at least 6 releases.

Jethro Tull

Rush

The Clash

Iron Maiden

Bad Religion

Admiral James T.

Alchemist (If we include Levitation Hex)

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Anthrax

Midnight Oil

Living Colour

PJ Harvey

Talking Heads

They Might Be Giants

Tom Waits

And many bands that I haven't either kept up with or went far enough back.

Obviously a few 5 album bands missed the cut.

I counted live albums and eps, but not re-release collections.

• Like 3

I was just thinking about this very topic earlier this morning, but I didn't know there was already a thread for it! Funny.

Well, like I said, I was thinking about it. Still am...

All studio albums on CD for:

Rush

Genesis

Porcupine Tree

Steven Wilson

Riverside

Close to a complete set for:

Camel

Jethro Tull

Opeth

Steve Winwood

• Like 1