I got hit by a freakin' car!!!

Riv

Yeah, so it is a little over 10 miles to work from my house so I like to ride my bike because I can get some exercise and most of the ride is along the coast, which is nice. Well there is one hill that leads into a dirt/gravel patch that is usually empty....but since it was Saturday and a lot of people were at the beach people were parking there. Well, this is at the bottom af a steep trail that I always jam down and coast through...except today, as it turned out, was no ordinary day. I was flying through rows of cars until I get to the end to turn on the major road when HOLY SHEEP SHIT I saw a car when I got in the clearing barreling toward me. I was going to hit it, there was no getting around it..and I have clip in shoes which was worrying me and I was bracing for impact (all of this went through my mind in the 3 seconds I had before impact) when BAM!!! I hit the front of the car aned slammed into the hood and rolled off of the windshield...like Dukes Of Hazzard style.

Here's the bitchin' part: I landed on my feet like a superhero! All of these people are running and freaking out because surely they think I am Superman, Teen Wolf, or walking dead. And I casually walk around the car where I find the driver in hysterics. He gets out and like tries to hug me and I'm like "whoa dude, one arms distance". Seriously though, he thought for sure I had to go to the hospital and all of these people are telling me to go to the hospital until I started to get irritated. "I'm FINE... LOOK - *hopping*" My bike was mangled but I didn't care at that point because the guys hood of his car has a HUGE dent in it. I was like, "Oh man, look at your car. I'm so sorry" This guy was looking at me like I was crazy. I was hoping he would just leave so I didn't have to pay for his car and he was hoping I was alright so I wouldn't sue him, I guess! laugh.gif But, I figured it was probably my fault. OK, it was.

So I looked down and I had a bump the size of a tennis ball on my leg and I was like "Well, this sucks". After the adrenaline stopped I realized I'm hurting a little bit. But I'm OK. I just thought it was a good story.

But my bike is decidedly not OK, I'm looking at at least $500 here. angry.gif

I believe I may have a future as a stuntman.

Who else has Dukes Of Hazzarded a moving vehicle and lived to tell about it?

That's a helluva story, riv. Glad you're okay! ohmy.gif

I have a friend who was hit by a motorhome on the interstate, and flew over the top and landed behind it. He broke his back and all that good stuff, but recovered just fine.

ohmy.gif My Dear God you could of been of killed ..........Am so glad your ok but you should of gone to be checked out you are going to feel this in the morning .....becarefull !! yes.gif bekloppt.gif Glad your Angel was around you to-day !!

QUOTE (Riv @ Jul 1 2006, 10:13 PM)
laugh.gif You guys crack me up. I'm actually just off to bed now so we'll see if I can get out of it later...

Maybe a Porkchop Sandwich would make it all better. Dunno. Just a thought.

Riv... shit, dude. haha

You hit a car. Unbelievable. Shaking my head and laughing, man. Don't even know what to say. I'm afraid to ask what else can happen in your life. laugh.gif

Glad you're ok, brother. Guess that's why I can sit here and shake my head. Just glad you're not hurt. Shame about the bike though, dude. That sucks.

Hey - maybe you should look into the stuntman gig. That could be cool. yes.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 1 2006, 11:18 PM)
laugh.gif  You guys crack me up. I'm actually just off to bed now so we'll see if I can get out of it later...

Or some cheese! laugh.gif

Edit to say I'm glad you're not hurt, Riv. (at least not too badly) Take care of yourself dude!

QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 1 2006, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 1 2006, 11:18 PM)
laugh.gif  You guys crack me up. I'm actually just off to bed now so we'll see if I can get out of it later...

Or some cheese! laugh.gif

Edit to say I'm glad you're not hurt, Riv. (at least not too badly) Take care of yourself dude!

CHEEEESSSSEEE!!!!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/Rivsbrie.jpg

laugh.gif

Riv does love him some cheese. yes.gif

QUOTE (The Gangster of Boats @ Jul 1 2006, 10:28 PM)
Sully, god will get you for that one tongue.gif

Glad you're relatively unhurt, sux about the bike though.

Battered but unbowed line 3

You don't know Riv. And I'm thinkin' you don't know God and Riv. tongue.gif

What an experience! Glad you're OK, though you really should get the leg looked at! wink.gif

ohmy.gif wow so glad you are ok

next time could you wear one of those helmet cams?

That would've been amazing to see/watch as long as you are ok that is!!!

and you really should have that leg looked at a bump that big is not good!!!

good luck though!!!

I'm glad you're ok, Riv! This story is a nice testament to how tough Marines really are!

Archived