"Dynamic pricing" at Wendy's? BE GONE, SATAN!

On 2/27/2024 at 3:07 PM, BastillePark said:

It's all about the $$$. The corporations are making a lot of money because they still use the pandemic or supply chain baloney to justify the higher prices but that hasn't been the case for a while yet the daft still believe it. 

Remember when gasoline was $4 US in 2008/9 - and the prices of everything went up because of it supposedly?

Then never came down again, even when the price of gas was less than half in 2015?

It's that same bullshit. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, grep said:

Remember when gasoline was $4 US in 2008/9 - and the prices of everything went up because of it supposedly?

Then never came down again, even when the price of gas was less than half in 2015?

It's that same bullshit. 

People like to pontificate on why those things happen but it comes down to, because they can. A classic, long happening example is gasoline prices. If OPEC announces they're cutting production or some refinery goes off line, or any other reason, prices go up within a day or 2. When OPEC increases production or refineries come back on line, etc, prices may creep back down over the course of a few weeks but that's not a certainty.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Wendy's now says they won't be doing the surge pricing. Whew, what a relief. :glare:

Well done, Principled Man!   :notworthy:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Wendy's now says they won't be doing the surge pricing. Whew, what a relief. :glare:

20 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Back in the day, it took weeks of boycotts and thousands of strongly-worded paper letters mailed to the Company to get them to change their minds.... :biggrin:

26 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

TRF will be celebrating its 20th birthday this August. This might be our proudest moment. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

And here I thought doing the Wendy's drive-thru and loudly quoting Scripture to the menu board speaker was a waste of time.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

And here I thought doing the Wendy's drive-thru and loudly quoting Scripture to the menu board speaker was a waste of time.....

I hope you didn't forget " Better food, better beer."   :cheers:  

• Like 3

I have a feeling Wendys isn't going to have as many surges as they think they will.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"You are a slow learner, Winston," said Wendy O'Brien gently.

"How can I help it?" he blubbered. "How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? The Baconator is seven dollars!"

"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes it is nine dollars. Sometimes it is six dollars. Sometimes it is all prices at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."  

On 2/28/2024 at 2:49 PM, BastillePark said:

Much like companies with their bullshit return to office policies, they'll try it again once they feel they can get away with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Analog Cub said:

Much like companies with their bullshit return to office policies, they'll try it again once they feel they can get away with it.

I have a developer friend who has been very loudly whining and complaining about this! After four years at home, they just started back up with 3 days a week in office, 2 days remote. I've never heard someone complain so much. I only did about 15 days working from home during COVID, so I never really got used to it or expectant of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I have a developer friend who has been very loudly whining and complaining about this! After four years at home, they just started back up with 3 days a week in office, 2 days remote. I've never heard someone complain so much. I only did about 15 days working from home during COVID, so I never really got used to it or expectant of it.

I'm a software engineer. It's literally the hottest issue right now. I've enough clout to tell my boss to leave well enough alone if he wants to keep me and he doesn't seem too keen on enforcing it anyway. 

If I go in, I'm on a Teams call anyways since we're global. Waste of time.

Edited by The Analog Cub
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 4:55 PM, Rhyta said:

The power of social media, gets the word out quickly and then the response blows up.  Glad that isn't going to happen, at least for now.  Bet someone else will try it eventually.

Nobody wants to put up with any more rising prices! But yeah, the corporate folks will still find sneaky ways to raise them.

On 2/28/2024 at 6:10 AM, pjbear05 said:

Regional or a local yokel for me, for the same reasons.

Best example is subs (or hoagies, grinders, heroes, insert regional name here).   I bypass franchisees of two major sub chains and two major thoroughfares to go to a local.  Only thing covid has changed is they recommend phone or fax in your order beforehand as opposed to a still huge walk in business.  Owner has been in biz well over 35 years, and also owns the frozen custard shop next door.  Has to be doing something right.

More national but I miss Quizno's so much.  Oven toasted always wins!

As far as burgers on the west coast goes, I absolutely LOVE the Santa Barbara based, The Habit.  They just brought back the patty melt for a limited time.  Baker's in my local inland area is nice as well.  I usually go there every Tuesdays for tacos.  Their chili fries are something else.

Edited by invisible airwave