Beyonce #1 single on the country charts

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

hey i'm just saying what i see.  I think both sides in the US are ridiculous so.....lol.

it's all a circus to me.

Mick

To be clear, the degree and depth of ridiculous is clear though.  This is not a "good people on both sides" situation at this moment in time in the USA.  I will always refuse normalization of conspiracy theorist agenda and the people complicit in encouraging/supporting/allowing it.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, stoopid said:

To be clear, the degree and depth of ridiculous is clear though.  This is not a "good people on both sides" situation at this moment in time in the USA.  I will always refuse normalization of conspiracy theorist agenda and the people complicit in encouraging/supporting/allowing it.

I applaud your stance.  I am curious where you are in regards to the normalization of mental illness, theft, homelessness, drug abuse, illegal immigration, insider trading, and censorship of free speech?  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, stoopid said:

Indeed.  The democrats are crazy on this issue and should focus more on actual issues.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, goose said:

I applaud your stance.  I am curious where you are in regards to the normalization of mental illness, theft, homelessness, drug abuse, illegal immigration, insider trading, and censorship of free speech?  

Some of these are issues that need to be tackled.  As long as there's a democracy there's a chance to do it.  Some of these are issues that have existed for decades, and while they could/should get tackled it's not one political affiliation to blame for their perpetuation.

Can I just say that contrarianism isn't a platform for a political party?  Or is that too specific to trigger the righties?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the keyboard warriors on tRF, you'll be disappointed to know I won't be engaging in the trolling.  You can have your sick and twisted little playground back, I won't be wasting my time on you.

4 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I was going to respond with "Bingo!" but decided to go with a gif version. Christoph Waltz was brilliant in that movie and his delivery of the above line was funny. Nothing beyond that went into choosing that image.

I didn't even think of the  Nazi angle in the context of this thread. I wish I could claim it was "genius trolling," but nothing so clever, I'm afraid. Besides, you don't need a high level of cleverness when responding to Mith's childish race-baiting. :smile:

If this thread had blown up in his face any harder he'd look like Trudeau at a frat party.

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

um......my mother consumes FOX regularly.  and all they yammer on about is swift.  and these are older white shits so it's kinda creepy.

I don't like talking about this stuff but i had to say this.  Can't let this pass with Swift.  the right is fixated on her.  and the left is fixated on the fixation.  alsoi it's all my right leaning younger cousin can talk about, lol.

Mick

5 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

I don’t watch Fox News, but Fox is in my news feed, and I’ve never seen an article criticizing Swift.  However, I have seen conservatives like the National Review, Shapiro, Prager, and Klavan express support for her.  As I said, I’m sure there are nuts out there, but the overwhelming focus seems to be on the complaining about the small amount of complaining.  

Like with Lady GaGa there are more than a handful of Swift songs I like. Many center-right people that look at issues from all sides then decide are fascinated with Swift hoping she'll start an OnlyFans account. The rest is just noise.

• Like 1

I've heard the song and there's nothing country about it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stoopid said:

For the keyboard warriors on tRF, you'll be disappointed to know I won't be engaging in the trolling.  You can have your sick and twisted little playground back, I won't be wasting my time on you.

Well.............bye.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

Like with Lady GaGa there are more than a handful of Swift songs I like. Many center-right people that look at issues from all sides then decide are fascinated with Swift hoping she'll start an OnlyFans account. The rest is just noise.

I think other than her two most “pop” albums, I like them all.  And even on those there are ok songs.  As for my niece’s friends asking me why Mr. Swift isn’t running the ball on 4th and 7, I can think of worse fates.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Aubrey said:

I've heard the song and there's nothing country about it.

To be fair, a lot of modern country is more pop-country. Four-chord pop music with autotuned vocals, with a bit of country twang. Beyonce's lyrics refer to boots, booze, hoedowns and Texas, with what sounds like a banjo in the background. These days that's pretty much all you need.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

To be fair, a lot of modern country is more pop-country. Four-chord pop music with autotuned vocals, with a bit of country twang. Beyonce's lyrics refer to boots, booze, hoedowns and Texas, with what sounds like a banjo in the background. These days that's pretty much all you need.

You have me there. 80-ish percent of my country playlist is pre-1990. As far as your description of current "country" is concerned, it seems the drugstore cowboys (as we used to call them in Texas) have infiltrated country music!!

P.S. It's great to see you again, Bub! I hope you & yours are well.

Edited by Jack Aubrey
Add stuff.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, stoopid said:

Some of these are issues that need to be tackled.  As long as there's a democracy there's a chance to do it.  Some of these are issues that have existed for decades, and while they could/should get tackled it's not one political affiliation to blame for their perpetuation.

Can I just say that contrarianism isn't a platform for a political party?  Or is that too specific to trigger the righties?

Can I say that dodging isn't a platform for a political party?   Or is that too specific to trigger the lefties?  :wink:

Vapid is as vapid does.

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Yep.

9 hours ago, stoopid said:

For the keyboard warriors on tRF, you'll be disappointed to know I won't be engaging in the trolling. 

Erm...sorry, but you got it (t)rolling. :cheers:

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2024 at 6:26 AM, Mithrandir said:

First black or biracial woman to have a #1 country song.

Dem good ol' boys don't know what to do!

some gay black guy already topped the charts with a fake country song like a decade ago, this news isn't really controversial to anyone i dont think - i've only heard it talked about here in fact lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2024 at 7:42 PM, Mr. Not said:

some gay black guy already topped the charts with a fake country song like a decade ago, this news isn't really controversial to anyone i dont think - i've only heard it talked about here in fact lol

i only know it cause Segue told me. I honestly can't say i've seen this talked about.  funnily other than here, lol

yea same as you.

Mick