2023 College Basketball thread

laughedatbytime

Since it's still 2023 I thought I'd post this here. In a woman's game between UConn and Dayton the UConn team scored 2 points before they even tipped off. One of the Dayton players had on a jersey with a number that was different than what was in the program so UConn got 2 technical foul shots and made them both. I've never heard of such a thing.

• Like 2

Arizona goes into Cameron and wins.   :rofl1:

Apparently after the game the scumbag Duke fans known as the Cameron Crazies were chanting "safety school" at the celebrating Arizona fans.

And they wonder why everyone despises them.

On 11/9/2023 at 9:19 AM, BastillePark said:

Since it's still 2023 I thought I'd post this here. In a woman's game between UConn and Dayton the UConn team scored 2 points before they even tipped off. One of the Dayton players had on a jersey with a number that was different than what was in the program so UConn got 2 technical foul shots and made them both. I've never heard of such a thing.

Back early in my coaching career I remember our athletic secretary ordering junior varsity home and away jerseys with different numbers, I think it was evens and odds.  Just weird. Sure enough, one game the coach didn't check the book carefully and the student manager had copied the wrong numbers.  The result was a string of technical fouls to start the game.

The athletic director got an earful.  :biggrin:

On 11/14/2023 at 8:45 AM, goose said:

Back early in my coaching career I remember our athletic secretary ordering junior varsity home and away jerseys with different numbers, I think it was evens and odds.  Just weird. Sure enough, one game the coach didn't check the book carefully and the student manager had copied the wrong numbers.  The result was a string of technical fouls to start the game.

The athletic director got an earful. 

Hakeem Olajuwon's University of Houston teams had home and road numbers.

• Like 1

I grew up a Kentucky fanatic.  Big Blue will always be in my veins.  

My niece, who moved to Tennessee about two years ago, seeks to convert/corrupt me.    

ytzAC6V.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I grew up a Kentucky fanatic.  Big Blue will always be in my veins.  

My niece, who moved to Tennessee about two years ago, seeks to convert/corrupt me.    

ytzAC6V.jpg

Hey! You keep fighting the good fight, and tell her (in a family-friendly sort of way, of course) to volunteer to stow it! Go 'Cats!

• Like 1

Watching Gonzaga vs Santa Clara and the Zags look like they're loaded with a bunch of And1 league rejects.  Has Coach Few's recruiting well run dry?

Seems like Longhorn fans are a bunch of Nancys. At the BYU vs Texas game some fans had letters on their shirts that spelled out "HORNS DOWN" and they were told they had to take them off or turn them inside out. It could have been some school official demanding it but my money is on some butthurt Texass fans whining. 

The   r6lKdsU.jpg  are ranked #6 in the NCAA!  

Don't get cocky, Bucky..... :wagfinger:

5 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Caitlan Clark and the Iowa Lady Hawkeyes.  'Nuff said.

When you've seen one hairy armpit, you've seen them all.   :zzz:

• Haha 1

Congrats,  Caitlyn Clark of Iowa!  She became the all time NCAA women's basketball scorer tonight!   (she is also the second highest scorer among all students, only behind Pete Maravich (born a Pittsburgher!) )

• Like 2

Iowa women squaring off against Indiana and it's been a war so far.  Indy taking a 44-33 lead into halftime, in spite of Caitlin Clark putting up 20pts.

Should be a great 2nd half of basketball!

Indy's gone cold on the offensive end vs. the Iowa 1-3-1 zone, and the lead is down to 8pts at the end of Q3.  Poor shooting ignited Iowa's transition game for some easy buckets, however, the Hoosier half court game continues to give Iowa fits.

Q4 underway and Indy kicks it off with a quick bucket...:popcorn:

Hoosiers go on a tear and get it up to 15pts.  Clark had only 2pts in Q3 and is scoreless here in the 4th.  Officials have been busy, with numerous calls on both offenses for blocking.  The physical play is benefitting Indy for sure, and affecting Iowa shooters' legs.

Iowa's Clark with only 4 second half points through the 2:30 mark in Q4.  Turnovers and missed shots by Indy the only thing keeping Iowa in this game...they capitalize well with quick fast break and transition buckets.  But 19% from 3pt range has sealed their fate.  Kudos to the Hoosiers.  Nice win!

(85-69 with 1 min to go)

8 hours ago, goose said:

Iowa's Clark with only 4 second half points through the 2:30 mark in Q4.  Turnovers and missed shots by Indy the only thing keeping Iowa in this game...they capitalize well with quick fast break and transition buckets.  But 19% from 3pt range has sealed their fate.  Kudos to the Hoosiers.  Nice win!

(85-69 with 1 min to go)

Will Clark's legacy be diminished if she doesn't win a title? Or will the scoring record be the thing people remember? I think she's got another year if she doesn't want the paycut the WNBA would bring, so it's possible that by the time she's done she'll be so far out of sight it's eclipsed any team wins shortcomings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Will Clark's legacy be diminished if she doesn't win a title? Or will the scoring record be the thing people remember? I think she's got another year if she doesn't want the paycut the WNBA would bring, so it's possible that by the time she's done she'll be so far out of sight it's eclipsed any team wins shortcomings.

Her legacy should be solid, as it's not her fault she's on a team that lacks size and as a result can't finish the inside shot

Watching the Iowa-Minnesota women's hoops highlights and Caitlyn Clark is on fire.  In the game Clark had her second straight triple double.  broke Lynnette Woodard's scoring record and set  the all time NCAA women's single season 3pt record.  

Clark is now just 18pts from breaking Pete Maravich's NCAA  scoring record and eight 3pt shots short of passing Steph Curry's college record.  :notworthy:

It's crunch time for teams trying to make the Dance.  Gonzaga needs a win tonight vs St Mary's.   I wonder if Earl (Rushhead666) will be at the game...?