Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9


The Cat 3
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Bon Jovi-2020 (4/10)

 

Hated this when it came out.  it's even more miserable now.

 

First off naming an album 2020 and having it be nearly all topical is just asking for a sucky product.  I mean what was he thinking.  Nobody i knew wanted to preached this stuff in 2020!!!!! and with age this album looks so stupid,

 

2nd.  Jon's writing partner on this is John Shanks.  He's partnered with him since i think 05.  and Trust me when i say he's Bon Jovi's worst writing partner.

 

his best writing partners without a doubt were Desmond Child and Sambora.

 

Well Sambora's gone and Child is nowhere to be found here...... should have called him Jon!!

 

So We're left with shanks for most of it and it sucks.  As i say preachy bullshit that nobody wanted to hear THEN, lol

 

funny enough the 3 best songs on here......Story of Love, (an actual REALLY good song IMO) Brothers in Arms and unbroken were all Jon solo writes.  So what are you doing with Shanks?

 

Last point.  Jon's voice is so broken and it's sad.

 

Not a good album.

 

Mick

 

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Bon Jovi-2020 (4/10)

 

Hated this when it came out.  it's even more miserable now.

 

First off naming an album 2020 and having it be nearly all topical is just asking for a sucky product.  I mean what was he thinking.  Nobody i knew wanted to preached this stuff in 2020!!!!! and with age this album looks so stupid,

 

2nd.  Jon's writing partner on this is John Shanks.  He's partnered with him since i think 05.  and Trust me when i say he's Bon Jovi's worst writing partner.

 

his best writing partners without a doubt were Desmond Child and Sambora.

 

Well Sambora's gone and Child is nowhere to be found here...... should have called him Jon!!

 

So We're left with shanks for most of it and it sucks.  As i say preachy bullshit that nobody wanted to hear THEN, lol

 

funny enough the 3 best songs on here......Story of Love, (an actual REALLY good song IMO) Brothers in Arms and unbroken were all Jon solo writes.  So what are you doing with Shanks?

 

Last point.  Jon's voice is so broken and it's sad.

 

Not a good album.

 

Mick

 

4/10 is very kind Mick. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Opeth- Still Life

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

4/10 is very kind Mick. 

 

 

well like i said 3 tracks i genuinely loved so i can't give it a zero, lol

 

Mick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Bon Jovi-2020 (4/10)

 

Hated this when it came out.  it's even more miserable now.

 

First off naming an album 2020 and having it be nearly all topical is just asking for a sucky product.  I mean what was he thinking.  Nobody i knew wanted to preached this stuff in 2020!!!!! and with age this album looks so stupid,

 

2nd.  Jon's writing partner on this is John Shanks.  He's partnered with him since i think 05.  and Trust me when i say he's Bon Jovi's worst writing partner.

 

his best writing partners without a doubt were Desmond Child and Sambora.

 

Well Sambora's gone and Child is nowhere to be found here...... should have called him Jon!!

 

So We're left with shanks for most of it and it sucks.  As i say preachy bullshit that nobody wanted to hear THEN, lol

 

funny enough the 3 best songs on here......Story of Love, (an actual REALLY good song IMO) Brothers in Arms and unbroken were all Jon solo writes.  So what are you doing with Shanks?

 

Last point.  Jon's voice is so broken and it's sad.

 

Not a good album.

 

Mick

 

 

Is Desmond Child anywhere to be found in recent years? Seems like he was involved in a bunch of stuff in the 80s and 90s but I have no idea what he's done since then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Is Desmond Child anywhere to be found in recent years? Seems like he was involved in a bunch of stuff in the 80s and 90s but I have no idea what he's done since then.

 

he worked with meat loaf on Bat 3 and even he can't save that steamer, lol. But since then.....MIA

 

but he and Bon Jovi Just clicked IMO.

 

mICK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Def Leoppard Hysteria (9/10)

 

This is SUCH a moster album.  I wanna give it a 10......i want to so bad but it's too long.

 

In my listen.  i'd cut.

 

Don't Shoot Shotgun'

Run Riot

Excitable.

 

Keep everything else.  Cause then it's the perfect pop/rock album IMO.  the title Track and animals are honestly 2 of my fav songs of the decade.  Don't get me started on Gods of War.....so Good!!!!

 

This album is a SHAMELESS pop chart grab.  and i say........you get those charts boys, lol

 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm doing a Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden listening marathon.

 

Rocka Rolla - Judas Priest

Sad Wings of Destiny - Judas Priest

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden

Killers - Iron Maiden

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Killers- Hot Fuss

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

The Killers- Hot Fuss

Perhaps an uncool take, but for me the only Killers album that comes close to this is Pressure Machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Perhaps an uncool take, but for me the only Killers album that comes close to this is Pressure Machine.

Not a hot take at all, it's a classic for good reason. For me though, this album is frontloaded but I tend to lose interest towards the end. I'd put this above PM myself, but below Imploding The Mirage and Battle Born (my fave).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Def Leoppard Hysteria (9/10)

 

This is SUCH a moster album.  I wanna give it a 10......i want to so bad but it's too long.

 

In my listen.  i'd cut.

 

Don't Shoot Shotgun'

Run Riot

Excitable.

 

Keep everything else.  Cause then it's the perfect pop/rock album IMO.  the title Track and animals are honestly 2 of my fav songs of the decade.  Don't get me started on Gods of War.....so Good!!!!

 

This album is a SHAMELESS pop chart grab.  and i say........you get those charts boys, lol

 

Mick

 

I would cut Excitable and Love And Affection. Excitable just seems unnecessary and Love And Affection is pretty much another try at doing a song like Hysteria. Except they got it perfect with Hysteria and they didn't have to duplicate it on the same album. Shotgun and Run Riot are fun rockers that I think have a place on the album. Run Riot is a good call back to their High N Dry/Pyromania sound and I felt that helped it to stand out a little bit on the album.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

I would cut Excitable and Love And Affection. Excitable just seems unnecessary and Love And Affection is pretty much another try at doing a song like Hysteria. Except they got it perfect with Hysteria and they didn't have to duplicate it on the same album. Shotgun and Run Riot are fun rockers that I think have a place on the album. Run Riot is a good call back to their High N Dry/Pyromania sound and I felt that helped it to stand out a little bit on the album.

 

 

that's what's actually cool about Hysteria being so long.  Folks can make their own versions.

 

i agree about Excitable.  the definition of filler and a tossed off rocker.

 

Mick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sin After Sin - Judas Priest

Stained Class - Judas Priest

Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Leather - Judas Priest

the Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

Piece of Mind - Iron Maiden

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monday through Thursday:

 

With Confidence - Better Weather (Vinyl)

Sweet Pill - Where The Heart Is (Vinyl)

Sweet Pill - Starchild (EP)

Super American - Sup (Vinyl)

Jim Croce - Photographs & Memories: His Greatest Hits (Vinyl)

Don’t Panic - My Fairweather Friend (EP)

Don’t Panic - Why The Fifties Were Better (EP)

Bongo Goldman - After All, Why Shouldn’t I? (EP)

Bag Lady - Headtrip (EP)

The Wonder Years - The Hum Goes On Forever (Vinyl)

Knuckle Puck - Copacetic (Vinyl)

Bag Lady - Epitome Of Self-Regret

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...