Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9


The Cat 3
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pallbearer - Mind Burns Alive

 

Can metal reach towards transcendent peace? Yes actually.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Qzzy Osbourne-Blizzard of Qz (7/10)

 

Ok hear me out.  I didn't hear this album for the first time till 3 years ago.  Ditto Ozzy Sabbath but about this album.  i hadn't heard it but oh boy did i know of it.  How could you not?.

 

How it was such a lengendary solo dubut.....randy Rhodes is Awesome (which he is.....we're NOT picking on Randy, lol)  IT'S ALL SO EPIC.......OZZY!!!!!!!!

 

Cut to when i actually played it i was surprised.  A lot of this iis rather lightweighrt and pop-y.

 

Like Crazy Train is REALLY sugary.  Goodbye To Romance........guys that's essentially a Carpenters song.....um.....:ROCK::facepalm: No bone Movies is fukkin' stupid.

 

I do love.

 

I don't Know

Suicide Solution

Mr. Crowley

You Looking at Me.

 

but really it doesen't deserve the high throne it seems to have.

 

Mick

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Pallbearer - Mind Burns Alive

 

Can metal reach towards transcendent peace? Yes actually.

I am a big Pallbearer fan. Amazing to see them mentioned here, no one ever does

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turbo - Judas Priest

Priest...Live! (2001 'the Re-Masters' edition) - Judas Priest

Ram It Down - Judas Priest

Maiden England '88 (2013 Two c.ds) - Iron Maiden

No Prayer For the Dying - Iron Maiden

Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I am a big Pallbearer fan. Amazing to see them mentioned here, no one ever does

I’ve known about them for a while but never checked them out really. Hope to cover them more!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ve known about them for a while but never checked them out really. Hope to cover them more!

They and Code Orange are two bands this forum could do more to listen too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pat Benatar - Crimes Of Passion

 

I feel like a record with four hits on it should be talked about more often than this one is.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heart - Bebe Le Strange

 

Rad record

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friday and Saturday:

 

Billie Eilish - Hit Me Hard And Soft

One Step Closer - All You Embrace

Telltale - Telltale

The Band CAMINO - Bruises (EP)

Don’t Panic - See Through It All

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Qzzy Osbourne-Blizzard of Qz (7/10)

 

Ok hear me out.  I didn't hear this album for the first time till 3 years ago.  Ditto Ozzy Sabbath but about this album.  i hadn't heard it but oh boy did i know of it.  How could you not?.

 

How it was such a lengendary solo dubut.....randy Rhodes is Awesome (which he is.....we're NOT picking on Randy, lol)  IT'S ALL SO EPIC.......OZZY!!!!!!!!

 

Cut to when i actually played it i was surprised.  A lot of this iis rather lightweighrt and pop-y.

 

Like Crazy Train is REALLY sugary.  Goodbye To Romance........guys that's essentially a Carpenters song.....um.....:ROCK::facepalm: No bone Movies is fukkin' stupid.

 

I do love.

 

I don't Know

Suicide Solution

Mr. Crowley

You Looking at Me.

 

but really it doesen't deserve the high throne it seems to have.

 

Mick

Flaps!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Pat Benatar - Crimes Of Passion

 

I feel like a record with four hits on it should be talked about more often than this one is.

Pat Benatar is one of the greats. We still celebrate Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, ABBA, Stevie Nicks...how on earth have we allowed Pat Benatar to fade into the background?

 

Big fan of the vast majority of her catalogue.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pearl Jam- Lightning Bolt

Pearl Jam- Vs

 

I recently said that I think Lughtning Bolt is a personal favourite, maybe not actually one of their best.

 

f**k that, I think it's absolutely one of their best.

 

End of discussion. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Avenged Sevenfold- Nightmare

 

Fantastic band and album. So Gar Away is one of the best metal ballads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nightwish- Perfume Of The Timeless

 

Guys. My band is back. I cried listening to this, Nightwish was a band I shared with my mum. This would have really pleased her.

 

It's giving Imaginaerum meets Endless Forms vibes and I'm so in love with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Nightwish- Human Nature

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nightwish- Endless Forms Most Beautiful 

 

If I have issues with Human Nature, I have none with this one.

 

Every song is perfectly formed, the entire album works as a concept and as an experience. The Greatest Show On Earth is my favourite song ever written that's over 20 minutes (and I don't give a f**k if its not proggy enough, or if other bands write more complex pieces, or if it's this or that. It's a f***ing brilliant Nightwish song that's grandiose and does everything I want Nightwish to do, and they do it perfectly). 

 

I must admit the new single has me fired up and ready to go. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I am a big Pallbearer fan. Amazing to see them mentioned here, no one ever does

 

I listened to these guys a bit back in the late 2010s. I've been meaning to play the new album

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pearl Jam- Ten

 

I've mostly listened to Redux for the past few months. But the magic of the original mix is unsurpassed. This is how I fell in love with the band, it doesn't need changing (though...I do love Redux)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alice Cooper-Welcome to My Nightmare (10/10)

 

I remember when i finally listened to Alice i was like why did i ever wait so long, lol.

 

he was right up my alley the whole damn time.......i love him.

 

Mick

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

 

Despite being a very sad record I find a lot of peace and hope in the music. There are anxieties and sorrows as well, but much of it feels relaxed and accepting.

 

Radiohead - Amnesiac

 

This on the other hand is nervy through and through. Little here comforts, but unlike Kid A it doesn’t feel like it’s out to get you. It’s just the wild unpredictable chaos of an agitated soul. I will say though I do get a lot of reassurance out of Pakt Like Sardines for some reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...