Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

The Big Easy - The Big Easy

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Return Of The Dream Canteen (basically just Unlimited Love part 2, a couple slightly weirder explorations in the back half)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blueschica said:

How is this one? It looks like it could be good!

It's good actually. George Lynch has done a ton of projects over the last 15 years or so, too many really. A lot of them are hit and miss but this one with Michael Sweet is probably the best one since Dokken. They've done three albums now all of them good. Here's a track for you:

6 minutes ago, treeduck said:

It's good actually. George Lynch has done a ton of projects over the last 15 years or so, too many really. A lot of them are hit and miss but this one with Michael Sweet is probably the best one since Dokken. They've done three albums now all of them good. Here's a track for you:

OOOh, thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Big Easy - The Big Easy

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Return Of The Dream Canteen (basically just Unlimited Love part 2, a couple slightly weirder explorations in the back half)

36 tracks across both of those Chili Peppers CDs. I tried picking 18 for a 'best of the sessions' play list- impossible as there are tracks that make me feel bad leaving them off...!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, yyz305 said:

36 tracks across both of those Chili Peppers CDs. I tried picking 18 for a 'best of the sessions' play list- impossible as there are tracks that make me feel bad leaving them off...!

I’m happy having both, and equally happy they were packaged as separate albums, months apart from each other. Their albums are already overlong on average, and with the general vibe of these two being so much more chilled out and groovy than usual I don’t think another Stadium Arcadium would’ve been a good idea. Even doing the Use Your Illusion model would’ve been too much all at once. Spacing them out was really smart, and I didn’t even get to the second one till tonight!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’m happy having both, and equally happy they were packaged as separate albums, months apart from each other. Their albums are already overlong on average, and with the general vibe of these two being so much more chilled out and groovy than usual I don’t think another Stadium Arcadium would’ve been a good idea. Even doing the Use Your Illusion model would’ve been too much all at once. Spacing them out was really smart, and I didn’t even get to the second one till tonight!

Those weirder experimental tracks are actually really catchy on repeated listens. Good to see them doing those sorts of things. 

According to interviews, there are another ten or so tracks that didn't make either of the albums.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, yyz305 said:

Those weirder experimental tracks are actually really catchy on repeated listens. Good to see them doing those sorts of things. 

According to interviews, there are another ten or so tracks that didn't make either of the albums.

Doesn’t surprise me. Wonder what they’ll do with them.

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS

Before I give my review, lemme ask the crowd. @Segue Myles @bluefox4000@Super25Smasher  what do you all think?

Brilliant

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS

Before I give my review, lemme ask the crowd. @Segue Myles @bluefox4000@Super25Smasher  what do you all think?

I loved it. I streamed it, then bought it on vinyl, and listened again.

• Like 1