• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creed- My Own Prison

Creed- Human Clay

Creed- Weathered 

Creed- Full Circle 

There is something about Creed, call it nostalgia, that makes me feel they have something that Alter Bridge lack. The two bands are very different in spite the obvious comparisons. Atm, I'm really loving Creed. Scott Tapp has gone from being a vocalist I didn't rate at all to one of my favourites.

Yeah I think they are great. Tremonti is amazing. Creed, Alter Bridge, his own band Tremonti and his Sinatra covers project, everything he's associated with is gold.

Full Circle is the weakest Creed album for me. But I like it a lot more than my least favourite Alter Bridge album, Walk The Sky.

• Like 3

Creed

My Own Prison (7/10)

Human Clay (10/10)

My Own Prison is a fine debut but i feel it's the definition of front loaded.  Every great track is in the first half.  2nd half is good but not great.

HC Steps everything up to the next level.  I love this record.

Mick

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Creed

My Own Prison (7/10)

Human Clay (10/10)

My Own Prison is a fine debut but i feel it's the definition of front loaded.  Every great track is in the first half.  2nd half is good but not great.

HC Steps everything up to the next level.  I love this record.

Mick

Definitely agree. 

MOP is like a cross between AIC and PJ with a late nineties alt metal vibe.

Nothing too original, but easy to see why it caught on.

Human Clay is one of those albums that I think got so huge, people stopped taking it seriously. If you take the hype and the media saturation out of equation, it's actually a phenomenal album, especially for such a mainstream phenomenon.

Weathered is straight up excellence, very experimental and bold.

Full Circle sounds tired, but it's not hard to understand why.

I maintain like many Alter Bridge fans that One Day Remains is very Creed like. That's largely down to the fact Myles had no influence on the writing. 

• Like 3

Creed-Weathered (10/10)

While i think from a technical standpoint Human Clay is their best.....Weatherd is my fav.

It's more ballad heavy and goes purposly for a grand epic feel.  i think that's why it works.

And songs like

Bullets

Who's Got my Back (As good as anything AB did IMO)

One Last Breath

My Scriface (did nothing to stop the "Creed is sappy pap 'crowd, lol)

Stand here With Me

Weathered

They're all just Classics in my book.

Then.......poof......goodbye Massive band, lol

outta nowhere.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Creed-Weathered (10/10)

While i think from a technical standpoint Human Clay is their best.....Weatherd is my fav.

It's more ballad heavy and goes purposly for a grand epic feel.  i think that's why it works.

And songs like

Bullets

One Last Breath

Stand here With Me

Weathered

outta nowhere.

Mick

I wouldn't say it was out of nowhere. It had been known before the break up that Scott was battling an alcohol and drug addiction. A problem that got so bad fans actually sued him for a horrible performance he had at one show. The band went quiet for some time before the break up. Considering how massive they were people knew something was up. So the announcement that they broke up didn't come as a surprise to many.

Weathered is excellent and definitely the band's best album. I got to see them live on that tour and it was a great show. One of the few times I got to see a huge band live at the height of their popularity. Where the crowd knew the words to every single song they did not just the hits.

Here's the setlist from that show

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/creed/2002/darien-lake-performing-arts-center-darien-center-ny-73dd0a15.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Creed-Weathered (10/10)

And songs like

Bullets

One Last Breath

Stand here With Me

Weathered

outta nowhere.

Mick

I think if I did a top five Creed/AB combined, HC and Weathered would be in it alongside (for me) Fortress, ABIII and either Pawns or Last Hero

• Like 1

Since Friday:

Super American - Sup

Chamber - A Love To Kill For

Monuments - In Stasis

The Offspring - Splinter

The Offspring - Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace 

The Offspring - Days Go By

The Offspring - Let The Bad Times Roll

The Offspring - Happy Hour! (A compilation featuring live recordings, rarities, covers, and remixes, many of which were either B-sides, or on soundtracks)

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

Boz Scaggs-Two Down than Left(8/10)

Major disappoint after Silk Degrees but i enjoy it enough.

Also trivia has the first RECORDED Steve Lukathar solo ever!!!!! on the song A Clue and it's..........throwaway.  No indication whatsoever of what the youn'un was capable  of.

Mick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Oh and

The Mountain Goats - Beat the Champ

funny little record about pro wrestling 

Since moving to DC, that band has been inescapable in conversation with other local musicians. I didn’t even know they existed before I came out here, and now I’m told they’re legends. Really jarring experience.

Tanukichan - Gizmo (checking in with this semi recent release. I like it, don’t love it)

Toro Y Moi - that live video on YouTube they shot in the middle of the desert with no audience (Viiiiiiiibbbbbbeeeeeesssss)

The Damned - Damned Damned Damned (fun!)

Dinosaur Jr. - You’re Living All Over Me (the perfect mix of fun and vibes)

Foo Fighters - But Here We Are (the production works in its own favor for me, and the compositions are too good to complain. Side one is fantastic but side two is transcendent, especially The Teacher and Rest… especially Rest)

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:13 PM, Rick N. Backer said:

Lately I've been mostly listening to Apple Music Essentials of artists I wouldn't place near my favorites list, often based on things people post here.  Today it was John Mellencamp, The Doobie Brothers and Pat Benatar.  In the recent past, I listened to Rod Stewart, Jackson Browne, Joe Jackson, and Peter Gabriel.  They are a great feature of Apple Music.

Footnote:  Peter Gabriel does nothing for me.

Not even "So"?

• Like 1

This week...

Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell

Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood

Warren Zevon - Genius

REM - Eponymous

Queen - Live Killers

• Like 12

Happy 50th to these two albums.

Mott was a regular play my freshman year of college.  I saw Mott at Radio City Music Hall October 1973.

• Like 4

Chris Rea-Deltics (9/10)

Segue turned me on to Rea but it was his mid period.

then i found for me his early period's where it's at.  It's like Boz Scaggs, Elvis Costello and Tom Waits had a baby.

Sometimes it just sounds like a weird alt. Timeline where Tom Was a pop song writer and i dig it, lol

Mick