Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

5 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

You're right,  The Last Hero is a masterpiece 

His overall body of work for 25 plus years now is one of the best. He may not get talked about as one of the greatest guitarists ever but I certainly consider him one.

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately I've been mostly listening to Apple Music Essentials of artists I wouldn't place near my favorites list, often based on things people post here.  Today it was John Mellencamp, The Doobie Brothers and Pat Benatar.  In the recent past, I listened to Rod Stewart, Jackson Browne, Joe Jackson, and Peter Gabriel.  They are a great feature of Apple Music.

Footnote:  Peter Gabriel does nothing for me.

• Like 3

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

His overall body of work for 25 plus years now is one of the best. He may not get talked about as one of the greatest guitarists ever but I certainly consider him one.

Oh I would agree too

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

um Last hero wants a word, lol

Sorry just had too:laugh: piece of shit lazy album.

Mick

I agree on that one still. I'm just talking about overall what he's done. He even kills it singing Sinatra covers.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Unfortunately, he started making music after 1990 and people aren't supposed to consider anything that came after that to be the best.

Yup. Its why I get very vocal about my love for 2000s post-nu metal metal and onwards. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love Powerslave but some of the material is honestly...really annoying if you're not in the mood.

However side 2 of Piece Of Mind feels like B-side material to me. Quest For Fire is maybe my least favourite Maiden song of the eighties. Sun And Steel not far behind.

Exactly!!  Side 1of Piece of Mind and the first song on side 2 are great.  The rest of side 2 of Piece of Mind I basically skip.  Powerslave though, when I listen to it, I never skip a song.

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Exactly!!  Side 1of Piece of Mind and the first song on side 2 are great.  The rest of side 2 of Piece of Mind I basically skip.  Powerslave though, when I listen to it, I never skip a song.

I’m not huge on Quest For Fire and Sun And Steel, but I’ll fight for To Tame A Land. One of my absolute favorite Maiden songs.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

I thought I couldn't be alone! PoM starts so strong and fizzles out so disappointingly!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’m not huge on Quest For Fire and Sun And Steel, but I’ll fight for To Tame A Land. One of my absolute favorite Maiden songs.

Nope no need to fight, that one is good! 

I will fight in defence of Flash Of The Blade. In my top five, easy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Nope no need to fight, that one is good! 

I will fight in defence of Flash Of The Blade. In my top five, easy.

Love that one as well. Powerslave is basically perfect to me. I only have Seventh Son above it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Anderson/Stolt - Invention of Knowledge 

This is making me want to return to Yes

If only it would make Anderson want to return to Yes…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

If only it would make Anderson want to return to Yes…

Hasn't he always wanted to return? Yes doesn't want him. They'd rather have their cover singer. If I remember correctly, Rick Wakeman even offered to rejoin if they hired Anderson and they still turned them down!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Hasn't he always wanted to return? Yes doesn't want him. They'd rather have their cover singer. If I remember correctly, Rick Wakeman even offered to rejoin if they hired Anderson and they still turned them down!

I couldn’t remember the details. That makes a lot of sense. Man. I just don’t get it.

• Like 2

Boz Scaggs-Middle Man (9/10)

I mostly get stuck on Silk Degrees.  but this album's fire too.  Most of the guys from Toto return here and this is honestly Toto IV done a year prior to Toto IV but i like the songwriting a ton better. (granted it's boz.  but he did it better here.......deal with it Toto IV stans, lol)

Mick

• Like 1