Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Teagan And Sara - The Con (twice, this album is perfect)

Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute (hello, calling Mick, I’m guessing you adore this too, right? Lol)

• Like 1

Avenged Sevenfold- Nightmare 

Trivium- Vengeance Falls

Machine Head- Unto The Locust

Purely a coincidence, I played these three mid-tier albums by three of my favourite bands.

My response to all three is that it speaks volumes how great I think they are that these three albums aren't major favourites. Quality work throughout all three. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Teagan And Sara - The Con (twice, this album is perfect)

Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute (hello, calling Mick, I’m guessing you adore this too, right? Lol)

i actually don't like the Mcdonald version of the Doobies.........................EXCEPT FOR THIS ALBUM!!!!!!

They got it perfectly on this one album.  iy  all came together for yacht rock perfection!!!!

Still though i prefer my biker rock Doobies.

Mick

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i actually don't like the Mcdonald version of the Doobies.........................EXCEPT FOR THIS ALBUM!!!!!!

They got it perfectly on this one album.  iy  all came together for yacht rock perfection!!!!

Still though i prefer my biker rock Doobies.

Mick

There were a couple tracks in the second half that didn't really do much for me, but the rest of it was indeed yacht rock perfection, lol.

Took yesterday off from work to do a bunch of stuff that needed to be done.  Dentist appointment (all fine, just cleaning) start looking for a new car (since some idiot ran a red light back in January and totaled my car - prices are still to high so I will continue driving my parents car, they are in their mid 90's and still drive, but only together and only locally, since they have 2 cars they let me use one all the time), a huge shopping job at the local co-op for the folks, etc.

While doing all this I also stopped at the local book store (struck out - nothing interesting on the shelf) and the local FYE.  FYE used to sell records and CD's.  Now its mostly junk but once in a rare while I can still find a CD or record there.  Well, I got lucky there.  Found 2 records that interested me.   Vinyl is my preferred medium so that made it even better.  Listened to them today.  They are:

Demons & Wizard - Touched by the Crimson King

Demons & Wizard - Demons & Wizards III

What did I think?  Well, the main reason I was interested was Hansi of Blind Guardian.  As I have said before, he could sing the German phone book and I would likely enjoy it.  Hansi did not disappoint.  As for the music, that I approached with some hesitancy.  Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth wrote the music and Iced Earth is a band I have tried in the past and not been thrilled by.  Much to my relief it was generally decent and in some places fairly good.  

Overall, it was a very good purchase.  Both albums were very enjoyable.

Pity Hansi has stated he won't work with Jon again and the project is dead due to Jon's actions.

But they obviously had put out one other album.  Will have to check it out at some point.