Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But A Dream…

Queens Of The Stone Age - In Times New Roman

second listen confirms my initial reaction to the new A7X, and makes me want to visit more of their back catalogue. Spotted a bit of SOAD in it’s DNA too this time, along with direct references to AIC and Daft Punk. Love the eclecticism.

As for QOTSA, I’m not their biggest fan or anything but I do really enjoy their classics when I’m in the mood. I wouldn’t put this in the same league as those. Some bops, some bores, and overall a bit unimpressive to me.

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But A Dream…

Queens Of The Stone Age - In Times New Roman

second listen confirms my initial reaction to the new A7X, and makes me want to visit more of their back catalogue. Spotted a bit of SOAD in it’s DNA too this time, along with direct references to AIC and Daft Punk. Love the eclecticism.

As for QOTSA, I’m not their biggest fan or anything but I do really enjoy their classics when I’m in the mood. I wouldn’t put this in the same league as those. Some bops, some bores, and overall a bit unimpressive to me.

Shhhhh Do not praise LIBAD at all....Segue will KILLLLLLLL YOUUUUUUUUUUU:laugh:

Meanwhile he likes sleep token one of the most dry clumsy by the numbers pop/djent "genre shattering':puke: bands i ever heard.

ahhhhh i love having a go at Segue, lol

Mick

• Haha 1

Just now, treeduck said:

That's the heaviest thing I've seen you listen to, outside of Olivia Newton John.

Rick

:laugh2:

true. i'm FINALLY getting into harsher vocals now.  BTBAM really helped with that.

Mick

• Like 3

Just now, ST3V said:

Review: Queens of the Stone Age - In Times New Roman... | Sputnikmusic

not really sure what to think. initial reaction is underwhelming, but those things are never to be trusted

I think band has released nothing but growers since Songs for the Deaf. Since I had an immediate positive reaction to this, I'll likely sour on it later. But I also became a fan of the band when I first heard that drunken stumble vibe off of Smooth Sailing. There's lots of that in this album 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I think band has released nothing but growers since Songs for the Deaf. Since I had an immediate positive reaction to this, I'll likely sour on it later. But I also became a fan of the band when I first heard that drunken stumble vibe off of Smooth Sailing. There's lots of that in this album 

I agree with you on the growers, although I think I immediately knew Era Vulgaris was my favorite on first listen. Something I've noticed with a number of qotsa albums is that on first couple listens, a lot of the riffs/songs feel kinda samey. This new one is definitely one of those, but I know eventually, like most albums I listen to, I'll start to really come around to some certain songs I didn't really think much of.

• Like 2

Screaming Trees- Dirt 

Pearl Jam- Riot Act

Thrice- Major/Minor

• Like 2

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Infest the Rats Nest

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation

QOTSA isn't the only band dropping albums today. KGATLW again dropped a banger metal album

• Like 1

Just now, Union 5-3992 said:

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Infest the Rats Nest

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation

QOTSA isn't the only band dropping albums today. KGATLW again dropped a banger metal album

King Gizzard...how many albums now?

King Gizzard & The Wizard Lizard- 12 Bar Bruise

This sounds like 2000s London indie pop with lots of distortion...

...okay...

I'm in!

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

King Gizzard...how many albums now?

22 in the past 3 years. I know hard to believe. Said their end goal is 2112 albums, even if it has to be posthumously. "Even if its an 30 minutes of band improvisation over a recording of me on the toilet, I'll get it done somehow, one way. YOULL SEE"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ST3V said:

22 in the past 3 years. I know hard to believe. Said their end goal is 2112 albums, even if it has to be posthumously. "Even if its an 30 minutes of band improvisation over a recording of me on the toilet, I'll get it done somehow, one way. YOULL SEE"

How many are good?

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation

Okay so I skipped the debut to the latest...to see if...it was 24 albums of Arctic Monkey realness...and my question is...

...what the f**k is this band? I am greatly enjoying this one already...but are they okay? Has anyone checked to see if their fridge is full?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation

Okay so I skipped the debut to the latest...to see if...it was 24 albums of Arctic Monkey realness...and my question is...

...what the f**k is this band? I am greatly enjoying this one already...but are they okay? Has anyone checked to see if their fridge is full?

They said they tried taking their time on an album but it didn't improve its quality. So they just said "screw it" and started releasing a bunch more stuff.

Infest the Rats' Nest is their other metal album. It has similar vibes to PetroDragon. Omnium Gatherum has metal on it, but it's basically like a giant sampler platter of their music, with 18-minute jam tracks to hip hop to poems about garden goblins. 

7 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

They said they tried taking their time on an album but it didn't improve its quality. So they just said "screw it" and started releasing a bunch more stuff.

Infest the Rats' Nest is their other metal album. It has similar vibes to PetroDragon. Omnium Gatherum has metal on it, but it's basically like a giant sampler platter of their music, with 18-minute jam tracks to hip hop to poems about garden goblins. 

They are fun! Very nineties garage band, it's like a less earnest Black Keys at times