Ahhhhh Yes...... The Glorious EP. Which Stands For "Extended Play." What Happened To These? Name Some Of Your Favorites!

RUSHHEAD666

So I picked AC/DC's "Jailbreak" ep on new vinyl and I started thinking about the EP that most of us grew up with!

There are so many out there.

So I will list the first three that came to my mind in seconds.

There are the easy ones, yet the three I really, truly love:

AC/DC "Jailbreak"

RATT "self titled"

QUEENSRYCHE "Queen Of The Reich"

• Like 3

Calling them EPs always confused me because they are not extended plays at all. They're shorter than regular albums. Shouldn't they have been called SP (Short Play) instead?

It is an oxymoron! Never understood that either!

Anyway, the ep I love is on "Lies."

"Live Like A Suicide!"

Calling them EPs always confused me because they are not extended plays at all. They're shorter than regular albums. Shouldn't they have been called SP (Short Play) instead?

:lol:

They are "extended" when their content is compared to a typical 45rpm single. Four-ish songs instead of two.

• Like 5

A selfish meaningless plug for me!

My 23 year old nephew who wrote and played everything on a four track ep. I came in and laid down the drum tracks. It was a life changing experience for me since I finally got to record a cd ep with him. His name is Hunter. Very talented young man. I love the guy.

We made a four track ep called "Aurora." The band was called The Color Six. My 19 year old daughter Skylar at the time even designed the album cover. It was so fun to make. Very 60's meets 90's Rush (thanks to me) with a hint of Nirvana and Motley Crue!

Some of you already know about this ep from a few years ago!

"Crazy Glue"

FISHBONE

Fishbone are becoming one of my top favourite bands. Incredible talent and songs. The Reality Of, and Give A Monkey A Brain, are amazing albums. Why these guys are not known more is a tragedy. That's my condition and I'm not yielding. Edit-:)

Edited by condemned2bfree

I've only heard a few EP's but the ones I've heard I enjoy for the most part

Styx - Regeneration Vol I & II, The Same Stardust

Yes - From A Page

The Strokes - Future Present Past (although Drag Queen may be their worst song ever)