Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Fleet Foxes- A Very Lonely Solstice 

A beautiful live album, with a sublime tracklist. Soothing, ethereal and serene, I love this album. Fleet Foxes have never come remotely close to letting me down.

5 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

A beautiful live album, with a sublime tracklist. Soothing, ethereal and serene, I love this album. Fleet Foxes have never come remotely close to letting me down.

What if Fleet Foxes did a collaboration album with Taylor Swift?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I remember really liking it a lot when it came out. The songwriting was really good. But again I haven’t heard it in ages. There is a fourth Dio album isn’t there? It’s just not credited to Black Sabbath, it’s just called Heaven And Hell, but it’s really just the 4th Dio lineup album. Isn’t it?

The Devil You Know is the same lineup that did Mob Rules and Dehumanizer.  It's a Sabbath album IMO.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Vol 4 is probably my least favorite Sabbath album of the ones I’ve heard. Granted I’ve only heard good Sabbath albums, but I rank it below the other first 6, and the first 3 Dio era albums. I haven’t heard 13 in a long time but I bet I’d have 13 over it and the debut too. 

I place it behind Paranoid.  13 is enjoyable enough, but I would probably place it behind even Technical Ecstasy, which is the weakest of the first 8 IMO.  In exactly the same way I enjoy The Devil You Know but I put it behind Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules and Dehumanizer.

All this talk of Sabbath put me in the mood to listen to a favourite LP (not CD of mp3 render) of theirs in "Heaven and Hell" along with a 12" live version of the "Heaven and Hell" single.

I always liked Ozzy fronting Sabbath during the early days (early 70s), but soon lost interest in both his vocals and the choice of Sabbath music come "Technical Ecstasy" . In my opinion Dio was a great choice as their new frontman, even though it did take some time for die hard fans to come to terms with the seismic shift in vocals and personalities.

As a side note I once saw Geezer Butler and Iommi drinking at a local pub in Aston, Birmingham in the late 70s during my time living there. They barely attracted any attention from the locals but just came across as a pair of ordinary geezers having a drink and a smoke!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

What if Fleet Foxes did a collaboration album with Taylor Swift?

Would really work with the Folklore/Evermore albums. She collaborated with an alt-Indie duo a decade ago called The Civil Wars and created my favourite of her songs, Safe And Sound, for the Hunger Games soundtrack. I am still waiting for an entire album in that vein. 

Her voice would be a wonder with Fleet Foxes work.

And her latest album has a song called Snow At The Beach, wouldn't take much to turn it into FF's style.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Would really work with the Folklore/Evermore albums. She collaborated with an alt-Indie duo a decade ago called The Civil Wars and created my favourite of her songs, Safe And Sound, for the Hunger Games soundtrack. I am still waiting for an entire album in that vein. 

Her voice would be a wonder with Fleet Foxes work.

And her latest album has a song called Snow At The Beach, wouldn't take much to turn it into FF's style.

I remember The Civil Wars! They were a semi big deal right around early high school for me. I remember liking them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I remember The Civil Wars! They were a semi big deal right around early high school for me. I remember liking them.

My husband and I loved them , went to see them play once. Sadly they couldn't find a way to keep working with each other and broke up. . . . 

• Like 2

Billie Eilish - Guitar Songs

Bearings - Nothing Here Is Permanent EP

Bearings - Blue In The Dark

Belmont - Aftermath (Vinyl)

Bearings - Hello, It's You (Deluxe)

Belmont - Bowser's Mixtape EP

Belmont - Reflections EP (Vinyl)

Belmont - Belmont (Vinyl)

Belmont - Between You and Me EP (Vinyl)

Belmont - Vicissitude EP

Bob Dylan

Saved (4/10)

Shot of Love (7/10)

Infidels(9/10)

Empire Burlesque (8/10)

Knocked Out Loaded (3/10)

Down In the Groove (2/10)

Oh Mercy (10/10)

Went full 80's Dylan.  ya know......it's not as bad as people would have you think. I counted 3 true stinkers in this group of 7....not bad at all.  With the true standout to me being Infidels, Empire Burlesque and Oh Mercy.  Oh Mercy is the best and a comeback of sorts for Dylan.  My fav though is Infidels.  Produced and featuring Mark Knopler so it pays like a lost Dire Straits album.....cool stuff.

80's Dylan isn't his best decade but i do have a new respect for it.  at it's best it's prime Bob.  at it's worst it's pretty bad though, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Wet Leg - Wet Leg

Very likable. Extremely likable. This is in fact a record which I do find to have likable qualities in spades.

This is a live album that feels as breathtakingly beautiful as any of their solo albums. I love this so much. My mental health is in a very bad way, and it's just perfect for me right now.

Taylor Swift- Midnights

• Like 1

• The topic was locked