Entre_Perpetuo

6 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

:16ton:

Lemme guess, you hated it 🤣

9 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

:16ton:

i just do not see you liking her, lol

I do but i can see why folk do not.  oh boy can i see why, lol

But what he recommend is a really good era of hers.  one i kinda miss these days. 

to much shallow pop from her these days.

Mick

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i just do not see you liking her, lol

I do but i can see why folk do not.  oh boy can i see why, lol

But what he recommend is a really good era of hers.  one i kinda miss these days. 

to much shallow pop from her these days.

Mick

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I don't find it shallow. I've gained so much comfort from the latest album. But Speak Now is sorta turning into my favourite Swift record. I already thought it was super great, but I love it more and more these days. Back To December is one of her best songs. Why? Because she's singing about being the one who ruined a good thing. 

16 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I don't find it shallow. I've gained so much comfort from the latest album. But Speak Now is sorta turning into my favourite Swift record. I already thought it was super great, but I love it more and more these days. Back To December is one of her best songs. Why? Because she's singing about being the one who ruined a good thing. 

I can do this tango with you all day, lol.

What your hearing i just don't. i'm hearing her prove....musically and lyrically.......every negative thing ever said about her.  i read of this album someone say the only thing missing now is another documentary of her crying......and......yea  i can see it happening, lol

Speak now.....agree hence i think she's now missing the genuine part of her.  She just doesn't have that for me  see if shee gets it back

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

What your hearing i just don't. i'm hearing her prove....musically and lyrically.......every negative thing ever said about her.  i read of this album someone say the only thing missing now is another documentary of her crying......and......yea  i can see it happening, lol

Mick

I find it a very positive, empowering album. I don't get this at all.

Also, she's had a real beating from the media for a long time, so I always thought her documentaries were more than valid.

Just now, Segue Myles said:

I find it a very positive, empowering album. I don't get this at all.

Also, she's had a real beating from the media for a long time, so I always thought her documentaries were more than valid.

Agree to disagree here.

Midnights sounds like a drained beaten artist going f**k it i give up here's some "Taylor product" you'll love it

and you do........ok ok i'm kidding there.

but yea i feel nothing but disdain for midnights.  but hey.......i feel SOMETHING here so......she wins?

lol..

Mick

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Speak now.....agree hence i think she's now missing the genuine part of her.  She just doesn't have that for me  see if shee gets it back

Mick

I feel that Midnights is a great little album. But I see it, like I said the other day, as being her equivalent of a B-Movie. I don't think anyone expected it to do so well. 

I reckon she has greater to come. I see no issue with albums written like this, to be a little safe. I mean, you always get at me for tiring of AB being overly safe "oh but that's their thing". Midnights is her Walk The Sky, only I can play it start to finish and not get super bored.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I feel that Midnights is a great little album. But I see it, like I said the other day, as being her equivalent of a B-Movie. I don't think anyone expected it to do so well. 

I reckon she has greater to come. I see no issue with albums written like this, to be a little safe. I mean, you always get at me for tiring of AB being overly safe "oh but that's their thing". Midnights is her Walk The Sky, only I can play it start to finish and not get super bored.

see......Difference here......AB stopped growing albums ago.

Taylor grew abum by album. so to me to have this whiplash reversion (breif or not) is very disappointing.

Mck

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

see......Difference here......AB stopped growing albums ago.

Taylor grew abum by album. so to me to have this whiplash reversion (breif or not) is very disappointing.

Mck

Honestly I think Midnights is a big improvement on Lover. I felt Lover was a step back after Reputation, trying too hard to recapture the pop magic of Red and 1989 after the minor failure commercially of Reputation. I now love Lover, but I still feel that was her playing it way too safe. Midnights to me carries the feel of her two folk albums with the sense of ambition I heard on Reputation, with the rough edges smoothed out.

I'd also argue it's tooooo smooooth. A lot of the album I am sure will be improved live when she performs with her band again.

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

How much were you paid to listen to that? 😄

I don't have any interest in ever playing it. That bad?

21 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

How much were you paid to listen to that? 😄

Well tbh I'm 'listening' to it. I've only got to the 3rd track. 

I've heard it before because I everything by them up to this point but I remember that it's definitely missing the DeGarmo factor! Just waiting for Dio to liven things up.

44 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't have any interest in ever playing it. That bad?

Sometimes a band just shouldn't do a sequel to something and this is definitely one of those times. Have you heard Queensryche after DeGarmo? No direction, focus or life in them. Even Dio's guest spot as Doctor X doesn't save the album. That's right, something sucked so bad that even Ronnie James Dio couldn't save it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Sometimes a band just shouldn't do a sequel to something and this is definitely one of those times. Have you heard Queensryche after DeGarmo? No direction, focus or life in them. Even Dio's guest spot as Doctor X doesn't save the album. That's right, something sucked so bad that even Ronnie James Dio couldn't save it.

I lost all interest after playing the two albums after Promised Land.

The latest one is really great though

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Well… actually……

STOP TEASING

6 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

The Doors - s/t

The Doors - Strange Days

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun 

It's been a while since I spun their studio discography.  A new year seems like a good time to do so.

With Morrison, I love every single album close to equally. The Soft Parade is a personal favourite of mine.

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

STOP TEASING

If you insist, lol.

I liked it. I thought it was really good.  I wasn’t expecting that and neither was anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

If you insist, lol.

I liked it. I thought it was really good.  I wasn’t expecting that and neither was anyone else.

YAAAAY 

She is amazing, but I get how hits and weird songwriting choices can be a turn off any artist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick N. Backer said:

That one's on right now in fact.

Thoughts? I love it but I don't think it's *perfect*, it's just I love the goofiness whatthefuckness of it all

• The topic was locked