Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Lacuna Coil- Unleashed Memories 

Gosh this album...I haven't gone so long before between plays, but it remains truly magnificent to me. 

In Flames- I, The Mask 

Eh, it's another very slick overly produced In Flames album. Naturally I love it, but it's definitely nothing outstanding 🤣

• Like 1

Blind Guardian- A Twist In The Myth 

Apparently their worst album. Lies. They have no worst album.

• Like 2

Rancid- ...And Out Come The Wolves 

No Doubt- Tragic Kingdom 

Jimmy Eat World- Static Prevails 

Alexisonfire- Crisis 

Green Day- Nimrod

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Rancid- ...And Out Come The Wolves 

No Doubt- Tragic Kingdom 

Jimmy Eat World- Static Prevails 

Alexisonfire- Crisis 

Green Day- Nimrod

Nimrod and Tragic Kingdom. Yes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Nimrod and Tragic Kingdom. Yes.

You should check out Crisis. Alexisonfire is outstanding punk/emo. The clean vocals are second to none in the genre (you may know the singer, Dallas's Green, from his solo project, City And Colour)

• Like 2

Taylor Swift- Speak Now 

Knowing they are friends, I'm still gobsmacked Hayley Williams isn't on this album. Taylor was an emo kid at school, and it shows here (interesting: no outside producers or writers. This is all her work, and she produced it herself. It's a lot rockier than anything before or since. Is this her at her most purely Taylor? I miss this era a lot.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Taylor Swift- Speak Now 

Knowing they are friends, I'm still gobsmacked Hayley Williams isn't on this album. Taylor was an emo kid at school, and it shows here (interesting: no outside producers or writers. This is all her work, and she produced it herself. It's a lot rockier than anything before or since. Is this her at her most purely Taylor? I miss this era a lot.)

Part of the reason i'm falling out of  love a bit with her is she lost a shit ton of her singer/songwriter charm.  thought she was getting it back but well.........nope.

Mick

8 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Part of the reason i'm falling out of  love a bit with her is she lost a shit ton of her singer/songwriter charm.  thought she was getting it back but well.........nope.

Mick

Midnights is strong so it's hard for me to agree, but I do wish she would return to vibing with a band like she does on this album. I honestly think Midnights is the perfect follow up to Lover, had COVID not happened. 

But Speak Now is Speak Now.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked