Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

220px-Station_to_Station_cover.jpg

220px-Low_%28album%29.jpg

220px-David_Bowie_-_Heroes.png

The Berlin trilogy. A fascinating period of Bowie's career.

I've always heard the Berlin Trilogy was Low to Lodger, rather than Station To Station to Heroes. I love all four regardless!

You are of course correct!! Lodger was the third and IMO weakest of the trilogy.

Station to Station was the 'bridge' to the Berlin period.

Apologies for this abberation .... I stand corrected!

I don't accept it! You're mad! You're a bloody madman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeNpo5dcdY

35510563.jpg
  • Like 1

I've always heard the Berlin Trilogy was Low to Lodger, rather than Station To Station to Heroes. I love all four regardless!

You are of course correct!! Lodger was the third and IMO weakest of the trilogy.

Station to Station was the 'bridge' to the Berlin period.

Apologies for this abberation .... I stand corrected!

I don't accept it! You're mad! You're a bloody madman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeNpo5dcdY

35510563.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing. He and Iggy went there to get clean and Low was what came out of the sessions. He was still coked up with STS. He even says it in the title track. Lodger is basically those two without instrumentals and more radio friendly.

Smashing Pumpkins - Machina/The Machines of God

Green Day - American Idiot

The Doors - An American Prayer

• Like 3

Zeppelin IV

Any good?

It has a certain appeal.

Reminds me of old days with beach fires, booze and good friendships. When our outlook was still pretty hopeful.

Thursday-Friday:

Can't Swim - Death Deserves A Name EP

Can't Swim - Fail You Again

Can't Swim - This Too Won't Pass

Can't Swim - Foreign Language EP

Can't Swim - When The Dust Settles EP

Can't Swim - Someone Who Isn't Me EP

Can't Swim - Change Of Plans

I'm very excited to see these guys tomorrow night with Silverstein. They have a more raw, emo-leaning sound than other bands in their scene.

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing. He and Iggy went there to get clean and Low was what came out of the sessions. He was still coked up with STS. He even says it in the title track. Lodger is basically those two without instrumentals and more radio friendly.

Yes, as I said earlier I put Station to Station in there in error. An aberration on my part. Probably Freudian as I think Lodger is the weakest of the trilogy.
  • Like 1

Yes, as I said earlier I put Station to Station in there in error. An aberration on my part. Probably Freudian as I think Lodger is the weakest of the trilogy.

The thing about Station To Station is it really doesn't sound like anything before it, and isn't too far off from what came after it. It mostly stands alone in his discography, but if I had to lump it in with something I'd lump it in with Low more than YA. YA just has so much soul and so little rock that I can't really call STS its brother.

• Like 1

The thing about Station To Station is it really doesn't sound like anything before it, and isn't too far off from what came after it. It mostly stands alone in his discography, but if I had to lump it in with something I'd lump it in with Low more than YA. YA just has so much soul and so little rock that I can't really call STS its brother.

I agree. It was certainly a move away from Young Americans (which is an album I hate) ... suggesting another change in style for Bowie.
  • Like 1

A fairly mixed bunch yesterday -

king-of-sweden.jpg

The Training by King of Sweden. Good prog from a new Finnish band.

http://www.leapday.nl/index_htm_files/118.jpg

A new release by a long time favourite of mine - Dutch band Leap Day. Nothing exceptional, just good neo-prog.

Mastodon.jpeg

A masterpiece.

A1WsxpEn-fL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I have revisited this great album by Jonathan Hulten. Over the last few months he has released a few alternate versions of songs on YouTube.

Mesmerising vocals!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

• The topic was locked