Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

All the shit over the past 2 days

Cat Stevens-Tea for the Tillerman (9/10)

James Taylor-Mud Slide Slim.....(10/10)

John Denver-Poems, Prayers & Promises (9/10)

Jim Croce-You Don't Mess Around with Jim (10/10)

Joni Mitchell-Court and Spark (8/10)

Jackson Browne-Runnin' on Empty (10/10)

Supertramp-Crime of the Century (9/10)

Steely Dan-The Royal Scam (10/10)

Mick

That's a solid shift!

thanks. mostly singer/songwriters. my mom raised me on that style and era. might be my fav style.

Mick

• Like 1

Since Friday night:

Vixen - Vixen

Origami Angel - Somewhere City

Origami Angel - Gami Gang

Pollyanna - Sugar Coat

Motion City Soundtrack - I Am The Movie

Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory

Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me

• Like 1

James Taylor-One Man Dog (7/10)

this is such an odd album after Mud slide. 18 songs.....more bluesey. short little link tracks, instrumentals. it's realy a brave thing to do after such a perfect pop/folk album.

Not my fav Taylor record but i respect the effort.

Mick

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/2122/cover_264451672017_r.jpg

Yes.

I find this is one of my most revisited Muse albums. Though it's not one of my absolute favorites, it's kind of the definitive Muse-sounding album. Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Endlessly, Apocalypse Please, Butterflies & Hurricanes.... you couldn't ask a 22nd century AI to make a Musier Muse album.

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/2122/cover_264451672017_r.jpg

Yes.

I find this is one of my most revisited Muse albums. Though it's not one of my absolute favorites, it's kind of the definitive Muse-sounding album. Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Endlessly, Apocalypse Please, Butterflies & Hurricanes.... you couldn't ask a 22nd century AI to make a Musier Muse album.

Probably my favourite. I love Fury, on the version I have, integrated into the running order...

• Like 1

Yes.

Probably my favourite. I love Fury, on the version I have, integrated into the running order...

I didn't get to hear Fury till a few years after I got the CD. Excellent song. Back when they still did bonus tracks, and nearly every bonus track was good enough to make the album! I also love Eternally Missed, one of their best B-sides ever, which came from this era.

Yes.

I didn't get to hear Fury till a few years after I got the CD. Excellent song. Back when they still did bonus tracks, and nearly every bonus track was good enough to make the album! I also love Eternally Missed, one of their best B-sides ever, which came from this era.

Right - how did that not make the album?

• Like 1

Yes.

Who knows. But then what would you take out to put that in?

Paradise Lost- Obsidian (9/10)

Wow I really overlooked this superb gothic/doom metal release last year. Paradise Lost are one of my top five bands of all time, and I admit their heavier sound of the last two albums didn't impress me as much as I anticipated...until today! What a glorious album! It adds little new to their discography sonically but it is at the same time a superb collection of songs. So many highlights!!

I love when this happens, when you rediscover an album from a band you love. This album is weighty and carries a majesty that takes me right back to their mid-90s heyday.

Excellent!

Yes.

Good question - can't imagine any of those tracks being omitted. Keep in mind, this was released in the CD era, and the fifteen tracks on the CD run in at 57 minutes, so there was plenty of room to add in another great track. I am aware that the vinyl consideration is a key issue.

• Like 1

Yes.

Good question - can't imagine any of those tracks being omitted. Keep in mind, this was released in the CD era, and the fifteen tracks on the CD run in at 57 minutes, so there was plenty of room to add in another great track. I am aware that the vinyl consideration is a key issue.

In 2003, I don't think they gave two hoots about how it would fit on vinyl. Definitely there's more room on the CD... but then you start to run into the CD era issue of albums just being too long. I like that it's still under an hour. The Chili Peppers never seemed to mind filling up the whole CD (or 2!) and their best albums all run a little too long with a little too much filler because of it.

• The topic was locked