Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Dream theater-A View.....(9/10)

I LOVE This album. the more i play it the more melodies become rich and things pop. is it anything new? of course not. and i figured something out about DT and myself. when ever DT branch out and do different ( Systematic chaos, Octavarium, Black Clouds, Astonishing, Distance....well Distance reminds me of awake and Awake....meh, lol) i never like it as much. and i find that fascinating about me. but albums where DT just do what they do (Images, Scenes, Six Degrees, Dramatic Turn, A view) i'm a happy fan.

so yes if this is stock DT.....gimme it all, lol

Mick

What's your favourite TOTO album?

Fahrenheit.

Mick

Dream theater-A View.....(9/10)

I LOVE This album. the more i play it the more melodies become rich and things pop. is it anything new? of course not. and i figured something out about DT and myself. when ever DT branch out and do different ( Systematic chaos, Octavarium, Black Clouds, Astonishing, Distance....well Distance reminds me of awake and Awake....meh, lol) i never like it as much. and i find that fascinating about me. but albums where DT just do what they do (Images, Scenes, Six Degrees, Dramatic Turn, A view) i'm a happy fan.

so yes if this is stock DT.....gimme it all, lol

Mick

What's your favourite TOTO album?

Fahrenheit.

Mick

Mine is the one I listened to today from 1981.

• Like 1

Friday-Sunday:

Can't Swim:

Death Deserves A Name EP

Fail You Again

This Too Won't Pass

Foreign Language EP

When The Dust Settles EP

Someone Who Isn't Me EP

Change Of Plans

Do we guess the artist?

All of those releases were by Can't Swim. I should find a better format for that.

It also doesn't help that you listen to a lot of unknown bands with weird names lol.

That's true lol. I listen to a lot of pop punk and post-hardcore bands that aren't very well known here. I also listen to a lot of local bands.

Jethro-Tull-Nothing-Is-Easy-CD.jpg

Treeduck and I were discussing the new Benefit box set and in particular the live shows included.

I was bemoaning the fact that I had very little live material from this period and Treeduck suggested this.

On the album sleeve Ian Anderson describes it as 'not the best show of our lives, but a landmark gig'.

Good early Tull.

220px-Live_at_Carnegie_Hall_1970.jpg

Spurred on by the last album I rooted out this show - a benefit show for a drug rehabilitation centre from November 1970.

A strange saga here - part of it was included in the 25th Anniversary Box set and two tracks included on Living In The Past.

The most complete version, and with correct running order is from the 2010 Stand Up Collectors Edition.

However, even on it, a lot of the pre-song banter had been edited heavily.

Thanks to Audacity, and available sources, I have spliced the banter (or what is available) back in.

I think this is the most satisfying, and complete 1970 Tull show that I have heard to date.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Jethro-Tull-Nothing-Is-Easy-CD.jpg

Treeduck and I were discussing the new Benefit box set and in particular the live shows included.

I was bemoaning the fact that I had very little live material from this period and Treeduck suggested this.

On the album sleeve Ian Anderson describes it as 'not the best show of our lives, but a landmark gig'.

Good early Tull.

220px-Live_at_Carnegie_Hall_1970.jpg

Spurred on by the last album I rooted out this show - a benefit show for a drug rehabilitation centre from November 1970.

A strange saga here - part of it was included in the 25th Anniversary Box set and two tracks included on Living In The Past.

The most complete version, and with correct running order is from the 2010 Stand Up Collectors Edition.

However, even on it, a lot of the pre-song banter had been edited heavily.

Thanks to Audacity, and available sources, I have spliced the banter (or what is available) back in.

I think this is the most satisfying, and complete 1970 Tull show that I have heard to date.

:hail:

Dream Theater- The View From The Top Of The World (8/10)

It's fine, it's very good, I enjoy it...but I forget about it when it's over.

Still, a terrific DT album and a solid follow up to Distance Over Time.

Mastodon- Hushed And Grim (10/10)

My favourite album of the year.

• Like 1

Dream Theater-A View.....(9/10)

Mick

Rank the TOTO albums in order of your personal preference.

I'd prefer if you did it in eras. The Jeff Porcaro era and the Post-Jeff Porcaro era. I think it's difficult to compare the early era albums with the later ones, it's almost like a different band now.

Rise Against - Nowhere Generation

Rise Against - The Black Market

Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

White Reaper - World's Best American Band

White Reaper - You Deserve Love

Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy

Chicago - Chicago II

Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority

• Like 3

• The topic was locked