The 2021 NFL thread

Nova Carmina

Interesting list. Lets go back to a good ole marching band. Maybe doing a tribute to Rush! Honestly, as a football fan, I haven't enjoyed the Super Bowl in years. Way too much glitz and fluff surrounding the actual game. The preliminary rounds are way better - real football. And please don't make me go to a Super Bowl party any more. I see 10% of the game and 95% of the people are more interested in the half time show.....and think it was freaking awesome - including Maroon 5 and BEP and all the other crap.

How old are you dude? You sound 100.

This Super Bowl was the first one I've watched since the Packers won SB45, so I know nothing about the recent halftime shows.

Super Bowl 44's halftime show was The Who. They (Daltry and Townshend) were HORRIBLE. I knew then that the band was done, fini, dead. It made me sad.

Roger had throat surgery and sounded much better after that, and that performance was garbage.

I have seen them after that and they were not bad - they were old men playing and singing the songs, but it was good.

I find the halftime shows are generally garbage.

Yeah I saw them 3 years ago and 5 years ago and they were very enjoyable. Roger killed it on Love Reign O'er Me. The surgery obviously helped.

This Super Bowl was the first one I've watched since the Packers won SB45, so I know nothing about the recent halftime shows.

Super Bowl 44's halftime show was The Who. They (Daltry and Townshend) were HORRIBLE. I knew then that the band was done, fini, dead. It made me sad.

Roger had throat surgery and sounded much better after that, and that performance was garbage.

I have seen them after that and they were not bad - they were old men playing and singing the songs, but it was good.

Remember the scintillating Up With People days? Sublime. :scared:

LOL. Yes I do. I've seen every Super Bowl. Those days the game was very, very different.

Interesting list. Lets go back to a good ole marching band. Maybe doing a tribute to Rush! Honestly, as a football fan, I haven't enjoyed the Super Bowl in years. Way too much glitz and fluff surrounding the actual game. The preliminary rounds are way better - real football. And please don't make me go to a Super Bowl party any more. I see 10% of the game and 95% of the people are more interested in the half time show.....and think it was freaking awesome - including Maroon 5 and BEP and all the other crap.

Get off his lawn........but yeah that's me too. I'm 65 and as mentioned have seen every Super Bowl (some required VHS in the 90s but so be it). I'm a football fan and have been since 1964. I told my wife when we met 13+ years ago "I hate Super Bowl parties. People use them as an excuse to get drunk and talk non-stop meaning I can't enjoy the game cuz they're yapping about a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the fukking game. This is the championship football game of the season, that's what matters to me." To her credit she's never once tried to drag me to a damned party.

• Like 3

I always thought the clean-shaven sounds of Hooray For Everything was a Simpson Super Bowl Halftime Show parody, but it's a commercial for Duff Gardens!

The ol' memory keeps getting dodgier and dodgier . . .

[edited to remove inaccurate gif referent]

Edited by Nova Carmina

Get off his lawn........but yeah that's me too. I'm 65 and as mentioned have seen every Super Bowl (some required VHS in the 90s but so be it). I'm a football fan and have been since 1964. I told my wife when we met 13+ years ago "I hate Super Bowl parties. People use them as an excuse to get drunk and talk non-stop meaning I can't enjoy the game cuz they're yapping about a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the fukking game. This is the championship football game of the season, that's what matters to me." To her credit she's never once tried to drag me to a damned party.

Man thats so true!!!!!!!!!!!!

A small gathering of friends (like 2-3 at most) and actually watching the whole game is best. Some years they were horrible games. Ive seen 3 w my team and only one win but that was glorious. Parties which Ive been to were shit shows of food yakking and a bad seat so I cant see the tv - HORRENDOUS!

• Like 2

Ive seen 3 w my team and only one win but that was glorious.

Same here. Who's your team? Mine's the Seahawks. Should've been two tho. Fukk you Pete Carroll.

• Like 2

Ive seen 3 w my team and only one win but that was glorious.

Same here. Who's your team? Mine's the Seahawks. Should've been two tho. Fukk you Pete Carroll.

The Iggles. And yes you should have won that one!!!!!!

• Like 2

Yeah, Super Bowl parties suck. Haven't been to one since the Pats vs the Bears, and will never do so again.

The only thing worse would to actually be at the game.

• Like 1

Remember the scintillating Up With People days? Sublime. :scared:

:lol:

My folks had an Up With People album and we played it all the time. Sang the songs on long road trips as well, since we had no radio

Get off his lawn........but yeah that's me too. I'm 65 and as mentioned have seen every Super Bowl (some required VHS in the 90s but so be it). I'm a football fan and have been since 1964. I told my wife when we met 13+ years ago "I hate Super Bowl parties. People use them as an excuse to get drunk and talk non-stop meaning I can't enjoy the game cuz they're yapping about a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the fukking game.

How about getting hushed cuz the commercials are on?

• Like 2

Yeah, Super Bowl parties suck. Haven't been to one since the Pats vs the Bears, and will never do so again.

I did nothing for the first time this year and it was glorious.
  • Like 4

I did nothing for the first time this year and it was glorious.

Ha ha I guess I am not alone. Not quite 100 Mithrandir. Sorry just a real football fan. I have never been to a SB party that had more than 10-20% real fans. Nothing more aggravating for someone who actually wants to watch the game.

• Like 1

NFL photographer Kelly Smiley takes a close up pic of Matthew Stafford and his wife during post-Super Bowl festivities.

The woman backs up a bit to get a good shot, falls straight off the platform....and breaks her back.

Stafford watches her fall, gives a brief look of surprise, then immediately turns around and walks away.... :facepalm:

Other people, including Stafford’s wife, tended to the injured woman.

Update:

NFL photographer Kelly Smiley will have her hospital expenses and the replacement of her damaged camera gear covered by the Los Angeles Rams and quarterback Matthew Stafford and his wife, Kelly, following a fall that fractured Smiley's spine on Wednesday while she worked at the Rams' Super Bowl parade.

"We have been in communication with Kelly Smiley since yesterday's incident and we are sorry for what happened," the Rams and Staffords said in a Thursday statement. "As we told Kelly, we will be covering all her hospital bills and replacing her cameras. We wish her a speedy recovery."

Smiley fell from a stage while taking photos during the Rams' victory parade three days after it won Super Bowl LVI.

Edited by Principled Man

Rip Taylor would be proud may he RIP. :lol:

Cp6UkQ3.jpg

Nice being on the Exposition metro rail back home after that shouting with everyone, "WHO'S HOUSE?!RAMS HOUSE!" :notworthy: Being part of a loud group of fellow fans celebrating that I've never done before is a rare lifetime opportunity. Love you, Rams Nation.

Edited by invisible airwave

Looks like there were tens of tens of people there!

LA is such a great sports town!

Football is a distant third. It's a Laker and Dodger town.

Looks like there were tens of tens of people there!

LA is such a great sports town!

Football is a distant third. It's a Laker and Dodger town.

Easier to be seen.

;)

Actually, my mom's family were long time Angels fans, and my sister, who lives in Capistrano, continues the legacy. They are season ticket holders, and true to form religiously catch the 3rd through 7th inning of most home games. Not all fans are that dedicated, of course.

• Like 1

The Green Bay Packers are playing a regular season game in London, England this coming season.

They are the only NFL team that has not yet played an international game.

Reporter: Aaron, do you have a passport to travel to the London game?

Rodgers: I have travel ID, yes .......... [pulls out drivers license]

:D :D :D

• Like 2

The Green Bay Packers are playing a regular season game in London, England this coming season.

They are the only NFL team that has not yet played an international game.

Reporter: Aaron, do you have a passport to travel to the London game?

Rodgers: I have travel ID, yes .......... [pulls out drivers license]

:D :D :D

Good stuff brother. I literally LOL'd