Robby Steinhardt has died

Fordgalaxy

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. I've liked Kansas, too. He was a gifted, and talented musician. He will be missed, and remembered. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Robby.
  • Like 1

RIP

Amazing violinist, great voice. Kansas wasn't the same without him

There are bands that are known for their vocal harmonies, and the way the two (or more) voices blend together to create a signature sound. Think Daltry and Townsend, Tyler and Perry, Roth and Anthony, Anderson and Squire, Staley and Cantrell . . Walsh and Steinhardt ranks with those duos.

Kansas was a band that had three members -- Livgren, Steinhardt and Walsh -- whom had unique and irreplaceable roles in the band. Lose one of them, you need two to replace him, and even then it doesn't sound like Kansas. And you could argue that Williams, Hope and Ehart had their signature sounds too, and couldn't be replaced.

• Like 6

RIP

I wonder what happened to him?

According to the article I read, he had some pancreas issue that developed into sepsis and he never recovered from that.

That's a shame. The medical profession can only do so much.

Edited by Lorraine

RIP

Amazing violinist, great voice. Kansas wasn't the same without him

There are bands that are known for their vocal harmonies, and the way the two (or more) voices blend together to create a signature sound. Think Daltry and Townsend, Tyler and Perry, Roth and Anthony, Anderson and Squire, Staley and Cantrell . . Walsh and Steinhardt ranks with those duos.

Definitely! My favourite Kansas vocal moments were always when Walsh and Steinhardt were singing together
  • Like 5

Well I know what band I’m spinning today. What’s his greatest performance, you think?

Rest In Peace.

RIP

Amazing violinist, great vocalist, and seemingly good guy all around. I'm glad he stayed friends with Phil, Rich, and the band til the end.

Well I know what band I’m spinning today. What’s his greatest performance, you think?

Rest In Peace.

Is it even possible to pick 1?

Rest In Peace.

Is it even possible to pick 1?

Oh probably not, just thought I’d ask.

Rest In Peace.

I like the pre "Point of Know Return" stuff best, only because Point has been so overplayed it is hard for me to listen to anymore. If you can find the debut "Kansas" album on Youtube or something, it is excellent, also the "Song For America" album. They are a little proggier than what followed. Steinhardt's sound is so integral to the band that I am having trouble remembering a solo or something that stands out; just because he is such a part of nearly all of the music. (70's fog of memories, sorry!). It's too bad Eagle Moon is not here as she had a big knowledge of Kansas and probably could suggest something better than I am doing. :lol:

• Like 3

Rest In Peace.

I like the pre "Point of Know Return" stuff best, only because Point has been so overplayed it is hard for me to listen to anymore. If you can find the debut "Kansas" album on Youtube or something, it is excellent, also the "Song For America" album. They are a little proggier than what followed. Steinhardt's sound is so integral to the band that I am having trouble remembering a solo or something that stands out; just because he is such a part of nearly all of the music. (70's fog of memories, sorry!). It's too bad Eagle Moon is not here as she had a big knowledge of Kansas and probably could suggest something better than I am doing. :lol:

Oh I have all the first five albums, I just ran into the same problem you did. It's easier to remember what he's not on!

• Like 1

Decided to spin Song For America, starts right off with Robby on vocals and some killer violin!
  • Like 4

Decided to spin Song For America, starts right off with Robby on vocals and some killer violin!

Good choice

Song for America is one of my all-time favourite albums. And the title track is one of my all-time favourite songs

• Like 2