GO TO JAIL. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.00

Principled Man

He'll probably get 80 years, but in about 18 months when everyone has moved on an forgot about it, he'll probably get whisked off quietly to a country club facility and get an early release after 10 years for good behaviour.
  • Like 4

You forgot go directly to jail.

So sue me.... ;)

Walked right into that one. :notworthy:

The usual suspects of those on the wrong side are getting ratioed like crazy on Twitter.

Can I sentence you to Life without Twitter, and will you thank me afterwards? :laughing guy:

• Like 2

You forgot go directly to jail.

So sue me.... ;)

Walked right into that one. :notworthy:

The usual suspects of those on the wrong side are getting ratioed like crazy on Twitter.

Can I sentence you to Life without Twitter, and will you thank me afterwards? :laughing guy:

I'm doing fine without Facebook. Tomi is the female villains at the end of Cruel Intentions and Jawbreaker right now.

q50iBnX.gif

Nancy Pelosi just thanked George Floyd for his sacrifice for peace and justice. :lol:
  • Like 1

Nancy Pelosi just thanked George Floyd for his sacrifice for peace and justice. :lol:

Yeah, that was very bizarre. I would guess she was trying to convey to his daughter, and family, that he didn't perish for nothing. Not really a good way for her to phrase it though.

• Like 3

Did The Onion hire you recently? :P

• Like 1

Hold up--

Something doesn't add up...

Edited by _hi_water._

Nah. With the state of the world these days, who needs to spend money on writers.

• Like 1

Nah. With the state of the world these days, who needs to spend money on writers.

Truth is funnier than fiction!

• Like 2

She tweeted a newer response, believe this clarifies it was an honest mistake

George Floyd should be alive today. His family’s calls for justice for his murder were heard around the world. He did not die in vain. We must make sure other families don't suffer the same racism, violence & pain, and we must enact the George Floyd #JusticeInPolicing Act.

• Like 2

He'll probably get 80 years, but in about 18 months when everyone has moved on an forgot about it, he'll probably get whisked off quietly to a country club facility and get an early release after 10 years for good behaviour.

Agree

Agree

Derek Chauvin's past catching up to him, more incidents coming to light:

"The videos, from Sept. 4, 2017, allegedly showed Chauvin striking a Black teenager in the head so hard that the boy needed stitches, then allegedly holding the boy down with his knee for nearly 17 minutes, and allegedly ignoring complaints from the boy that he couldn't breathe.

"Those videos show a far more violent and forceful treatment of this child than Chauvin describes in his report [of the incident]," Matthew Frank, one of the state prosecutors, wrote in a court filing at the time.

Now, the U.S. Justice Department may do something that state prosecutors never did: charge Chauvin for the 2017 incident." :eh:

• Like 1

Agree

Derek Chauvin's past catching up to him, more incidents coming to light:

"The videos, from Sept. 4, 2017, allegedly showed Chauvin striking a Black teenager in the head so hard that the boy needed stitches, then allegedly holding the boy down with his knee for nearly 17 minutes, and allegedly ignoring complaints from the boy that he couldn't breathe.

"Those videos show a far more violent and forceful treatment of this child than Chauvin describes in his report [of the incident]," Matthew Frank, one of the state prosecutors, wrote in a court filing at the time.

Now, the U.S. Justice Department may do something that state prosecutors never did: charge Chauvin for the 2017 incident." :eh:

He seems to be a terrible person and a lousy cop. He had 18 complaints over 19 years, most of which were closed without discipline (but who investigates cops? usually just different cops). The owner of a nightclub where he had worked said he was "nice, but would overreact and lash out quickly" and that "his face, attitude, and posture would change when we did urban nights." Maybe he was just afraid for his safety when the "urban" folks came to party and dance. :huh:

https://www.national...ation-campaign/

Everyone ok with this because the outcome we wanted occurred?

National Review positions itself as providing commentary, rather than being a "news source", so it's hard to tell from the article if this is justified. If his science is faulty, however, his past findings should be reviewed. If his science and procedures have been good so far he has little to fear. I don't think a review is necessarily an "intimidation campaign." If you could out someone by opinions on their science Dr. Fauci would have been gone like 30 years ago; not many people liked his research on AIDS. It could also be noted that the names of the Chauvin trial jurors had to be sealed because of violent threats against them. Such an emotionally loaded trial all around. :( I hope it doesn't lead to problems this summer.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

https://www.national...ation-campaign/

Everyone ok with this because the outcome we wanted occurred?

National Review positions itself as providing commentary, rather than being a "news source", so it's hard to tell from the article if this is justified. If his science is faulty, however, his past findings should be reviewed. If his science and procedures have been good so far he has little to fear. I don't think a review is necessarily an "intimidation campaign." It could also be noted that the names of the Chauvin trial jurors had to be sealed because of violent threats against them.

What indication is there that his science was faulty?

Also, who (backers of which side) was/were/were predominantly responsible for the violent threats against the jurors?

• Like 1