THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

My mom and I were just bitching about a family friend's son's V8 three quarter ton pickup truck. He doesn't haul or two anything. He just drives it to the UPS office and back for work. He picked them up from the airport last week and his bed with topper was full of shit, so even with a stupid-ass "soooo practical and versatile" crew cab mega truck... they had to sit with luggage on one of their laps.

So many of my friends drive huge pickups but never haul anything.  Just wasting gas and taking up parking space.

A modest new pickup costs $80k, but you can rent one for $25/day.  Which one sounds like the smarter option?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

My mom and I were just bitching about a family friend's son's V8 three quarter ton pickup truck. He doesn't haul or two anything. He just drives it to the UPS office and back for work. He picked them up from the airport last week and his bed with topper was full of shit, so even with a stupid-ass "soooo practical and versatile" crew cab mega truck... they had to sit with luggage on one of their laps.

Land is awesome. Pointlessly large vehicles that are off killing people are retarded--a word I never take lightly.

Latest V8 that f***ed off: the V8s in the Wagoneer and Grand Wagonner. cya

11 minutes ago, goose said:

So many of my friends drive huge pickups but never haul anything.  Just wasting gas and taking up parking space.

A modest new pickup costs $80k, but you can rent one for $25/day.  Which one sounds like the smarter option?

Yeah man, I had a Ford Escape. I had a full size dog and was driving between OK and NJ quite a bit with dog and luggage. Dog died, I settled down in NJ yet again, WTF was I thinking. Dog gone, settled down, SUV was out and T-top Trans Am was in!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Yeah man, I had a Ford Escape. I had a full size dog and was driving between OK and NJ quite a bit with dog and luggage. Dog died, I settled down in NJ yet again, WTF was I thinking. Dog gone, settled down, SUV was out and T-top Trans Am was in!

Now you just need to eradicate the half-assed "cost of gas" reasons to limit driving it! Life is too short to play pretend at a financial barrier to old man inheritance not being able to afford gas in a modern V8 passenger car!

Lovin' that sub-$3 gas, thanks... er, Biden? Or? What does the flyover country playbook say on this one? Fellate the pres on low gas prices when R, shit out five other reasons and downplay low gas prices when D? It can be hard to keep up with the lingo.

In a broader sense, perhaps bitching about gas prices will become a party line thing moving forward. Buying EVs isn't totally party line, but it's also definitely not unrelated. I would guess that a D is 3-5x as likely to buy an EV as an R. Some hyper redneck at cars and coffee loved his EV6 the other week, and was proud at how "polluting" it is, even though it's not. He might be a little challenged... but he's got the spirit!

39 minutes ago, goose said:

We just picked door #3 by just having our new sofa get delivered without extra charge. Or do rednecks also own big box trucks for the one time every 600 days that would be neat?

Edited by That One Guy

Good is not the enemy of perfect. When I see some f***in' idiot bent on buying a crew cab truck for no reason to exclusively drive to Costco and an air-conditioned office job, I at least try my best to steer them away from full-size half-ton models, and down a size into midsize models.

They don't know it, but the average full-size owner would enjoy a mid-size even more. They're easier to drive and park, and they tend to fit in a f***in garage

Something I CAN'T STAND is dumbass cities in Utah County increasing the size of their standard parking stalls, usually from a typical 9'x18' to 10'x20', which is admitting defeat in the vehicle size arms race and encouraging further enbiggening. Don't give in to all the dipshits buying these things. Might as well just outlaw walking in sidewalks and crosswalks as a measure to stop kids getting killed by trucks all over those shithole cities. Love seeing a line of 200 SUVs outside an elementary school because they built suburbia so wide and dangerous that their kids apparently can't walk home. You couldn't pay me to live in that kind of abject hellhole.

Edited by That One Guy

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

My mom and I were just bitching about a family friend's son's V8 three quarter ton pickup truck. He doesn't haul or tow anything. He just drives it to the UPS office and back for work. He picked them up from the airport last week and his bed with topper was full of shit, so even with a stupid-ass "soooo practical and versatile" crew cab mega truck... they had to sit with luggage on one of their laps.

Land is awesome. Pointlessly large vehicles that are off killing people are retarded--a word I never take lightly.

Latest V8 that f***ed off: the V8s in the Wagoneer and Grand Wagonner. cya

I'd wager that most of those crew cab, extra large pickups are used for basic transportation. 

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Lovin' that sub-$3 gas, thanks... er, Biden? Or? What does the flyover country playbook say on this one? Fellate the pres on low gas prices when R, shit out five other reasons and downplay low gas prices when D? It can be hard to keep up with the lingo.

Filled up today at less than $4 per gallon for the first time in a while. Biden did that, right?

10 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

I'd wager that most of those crew cab, extra large pickups are used for basic transportation. 

And you'd be correct. There's been large scale surveys done on this kind of thing. IIRC, something like 97% of full-size half ton trucks never tow anything in their life. Payload? A LOT of stuff can take 1500 lbs in the bed, such as the midsize offerings. Ridgelines, Santa Cruz's, and Mavericks can probably do pretty serious cargo themselves.

Pretty much any midsize truck can tow 6,500 lbs. Very few trucker LARPin' people actually tow more than that. Now that the Ford Ranger offers the 2.7L engine, I have no idea why the hell you'd buy a 2.7L F-150. The F-150 Lightning is cool, but a future Ranger Lightning will be better in every way. Three of the four midsize trucks are very new designs with fast-as-f**k turbo engines now. Why buy something bigger? Faster divorce?

Edited by That One Guy

I finished my last bit of flower, now it's time to raw dog my chronic pain for a little bit. I have wax, but I really don't feel like dabbing.

My new neighbor's mother has generously been giving my boyfriend rides to stores, and a bunch of free, useful stuff from her storage unit.

7 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

BLASPHEMY!

Evil Count Iblis | I've got that evil jerk, Count Iblis, locked on target! I will cancel your precious Battlestar Galactica. Then when you are at your lowest I will give you Galactica 1980. | image tagged in battlestar galactica | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Meanwhile the new BSG is back in the pipeline.   All of this has happened before, and will somehow co-exist with Ron D Moore.

On 11/18/2023 at 2:21 PM, JohnRogers said:

I thought you and Ford drove off a cliff Thelma & Louise style!

Haha, someone made fun of my mum so I took a long time out. 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:01 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

One need not be "TRFer of the century" to positively contribute and interact in SOCN. Being at least somewhat open-minded and somewhat thick-skinned and having some ideas of your own is all you need. BP's been in there for only a week and he's doing just fine.

Definitely the thick skin part, plus BP seems to be a strong commenter and good at keeping it somewhat light. Plus there are some solid right leaning views there which helps.

As far as true lefties? Poor Mith a few weeks back getting surrounded by the sinner v. sin argument? Rough.

12 minutes ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

Why why why?

I must want to read more about EVs. Learned alot lately.

I learned that if Biden, Dean Phillips or Cornell West wins they'll make TOG the secretary of transportation. Then TOG will have everybody that owns a half ton pick up truck or a PHEV rounded up. To be sent to a Gulag type re-education camp. 

19 minutes ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

Definitely the thick skin part, plus BP seems to be a strong commenter and good at keeping it somewhat light. Plus there are some solid right leaning views there which helps.

As far as true lefties? Poor Mith a few weeks back getting surrounded by the sinner v. sin argument? Rough.

Thanks, man.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

I learned that if Biden, Dean Phillips or Cornell West wins they'll make TOG the secretary of transportation. Then TOG will have everybody that owns a half ton pick up truck or a PHEV rounded up. To be sent to a Gulag type re-education camp. 

You veel learn ze value of ze elegtricity. (on a side note, the guy doing the tasing seems a little too happy about it)

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Filled up today at less than $4 per gallon for the first time in a while. Biden did that, right?

If you mean reversing his policies that drove up oil prices in the first place, yes.  Give Biden the credit, since he earned the blame.

• Like 1